Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I didn't see anyone answer this but we just got back from my quick surprise birthday trip! So about 3 years ago they took the kids table away and didn't really replace it. However, I am happy to report that although the table isn't back, the kid food is! We had uncrustables, fruit, meatballs, chicken nuggets, Apple's with Carmel dip and PB. I took pics of all of the food and drink menus, they had them posted for the whole week. However, I don't know how to post on here anymore without photobucket. I can send them to someone if they don't mind to post them for me.

We've stayed at AKL CL a lot but having just stayed at BWI CL a month ago, I have some pros and cons. AKL wins for the lounge itself, it's big, open and overlooks the gorgeous lobby. BWI just feels cramped and claustrophobic. Staff, BWI wins hands down. I actually felt like the BWI staff cared about us, at AKL...it feels like this is their job....period. They're not rude or mean but they don't try to know who you are. They both have a chef but at AKL, I'm not even sure what the point of the chef is. They just plate something that was made somewhere else and there was ZERO guest interaction. I don't think the chef said one word to anyone. And now they've moved the chefs stand to the other side of the TV, so it's far from the other food. I don't think a lot of people saw it or knew what it was.

So all in all we had a great time. If anyone has any other questions please let me know.
I would be very interested in seeing your food pictures and the menus. Unfortunately I don't think I can help with the uploading part.

I emailed WDW to express my concerns about the dog policy. I explained that I wanted to stay at the YC in summer and primarily asked if dogs would be allowed in the rooms on the CL floor. I received a call this afternoon from a lovely CM who went through all of my concerns but was unable to answer my query as she didn't know the answer. She said she'll contact the YC directly and get back to me as soon as possible.

Currently booked for CL at WL next May. A little hard to swallow but limited in options for our family and being close to MK. The cabins don't do anything for me. Had a bad experience non Disney and don't want to have an unpleasant vacay. How I understand it is the lounge food is not really a meal, intended to fill you up. Do they replenish the food throughout the time frame for each service? Or is it once gone it's gone? I'm a little worried what the kids will eat. Pb/j shooters and they don't like jelly? What cereal do they offer? Thanks

We probably aren't the norm, but we made the lounge food our breakfast and dinner almost every day. They didn't really run out of anything that I saw.

I have a toddler. For breakfast he ate fruit (banana or berries) and a muffin (bran or chocolate chip) and had milk to drink. They have fruit loops, Frosted Flakes, and one or 2 other cereals, as well as cinnamon rolls, croissants, bagels, eggs, deli meat...a great variety, really.

For dinner, they always had pasta with marinara sauce. My son really liked it. Also with the pb&j, the peanut butter is on top of the jelly in the jar, so you could get the peanut butter out without touching the jelly. They typically had fruit & cheese out at dinner too, and that was a hit with my son. There was a soup every night...some were better than others.

We probably aren't the norm, but we made the lounge food our breakfast and dinner almost every day. They didn't really run out of anything that I saw.

I have a toddler. For breakfast he ate fruit (banana or berries) and a muffin (bran or chocolate chip) and had milk to drink. They have fruit loops, Frosted Flakes, and one or 2 other cereals, as well as cinnamon rolls, croissants, bagels, eggs, deli meat...a great variety, really.

For dinner, they always had pasta with marinara sauce. My son really liked it. Also with the pb&j, the peanut butter is on top of the jelly in the jar, so you could get the peanut butter out without touching the jelly. They typically had fruit & cheese out at dinner too, and that was a hit with my son. There was a soup every night...some were better than others.
We are in this camp as well and can easily make it a dinner, especially if we've had afternoon snacks and a big lunch. I can eat a smaller dinner if I have a larger lunch :)

Breakfast is intended to be a meal. Sometimes I take a plastic bag to a croissant for my child to eat as a mid-morning snack as he doesn't eat much breakfast.

Hi! Anyone staying at WL CL righ now? Can you tell me if Shely ( Sheilam) is still a CM over there? Thanks!

We are in this camp as well and can easily make it a dinner, especially if we've had afternoon snacks and a big lunch. I can eat a smaller dinner if I have a larger lunch :)

Breakfast is intended to be a meal. Sometimes I take a plastic bag to a croissant for my child to eat as a mid-morning snack as he doesn't eat much breakfast.

Oh I totally filled my toddler’s snack cup with fruit loops to have as a snack later (special vacation treat for him). I figured it really wasn’t any different than taking a cup of cereal back to my room.

Currently booked for CL at WL next May. A little hard to swallow but limited in options for our family and being close to MK. The cabins don't do anything for me. Had a bad experience non Disney and don't want to have an unpleasant vacay. How I understand it is the lounge food is not really a meal, intended to fill you up. Do they replenish the food throughout the time frame for each service? Or is it once gone it's gone? I'm a little worried what the kids will eat. Pb/j shooters and they don't like jelly? What cereal do they offer? Thanks

Hi there. I’ll pretty much agree with the others that have commented so far. I think you’re in for a treat with WL CL... probably one my favorite lounge/food quality/variety combos right now.

As much as it pains me to admit this, I’ve stayed at all of the MK CLs in the past year (except RPC) and to me, WL has had the most “substantial” offerings overall, particularly evening apps. While it is not meant to be a meal, we’re in the camp that will usually eat a bigger lunch and then lounge apps are plenty for dinner - for both the adults and kids. This was easy to do at WL CL because we really liked the food.

Breakfast is a true replacement meal, generally speaking.

As far as cereal, here’s what they had Nov/Dec 2016 (which admittedly is almost a year old so small caveat in case things have changed). Looks like Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran, Fruit Loops, and Special K (might be Frosted Flakes, can’t tell).
Breakfast2.JPG

As far as other foods, the pics in the links below may help. Again, caveat that this was almost a year ago and offerings tend to change/morph/evolve, but from the more recent pics I’ve seen things are ‘generally’ similar.

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016

Hope that helps! Please ask if you have any questions. :-)

I emailed WDW to express my concerns about the dog policy. I explained that I wanted to stay at the YC in summer and primarily asked if dogs would be allowed in the rooms on the CL floor. I received a call this afternoon from a lovely CM who went through all of my concerns but was unable to answer my query as she didn't know the answer. She said she'll contact the YC directly and get back to me as soon as possible.

I'm really interested to know if you ever get a response to this question. I am totally a pet lover but the thought of having dogs on the CL floor or in the lounge kind of just turns me off. I have a YC CL stay booked for November. I don't even know if they would be allowed in the lounge or not. Does anyone know the guidelines of where pets will be accepted within the resort?

Thanks. So what would you request for the more private open view?
I'd say zebra trail, ~4501 block from looking at the map. I quite honestly don't remember how far down the CL rooms go or what room numbers we had. We've had great views every time except when we were near the rock. I think the rock ask would be close to lounge. Not very helpful, I know.

Allergies are a big issue for my son and we’ll be at YC in November! I would think the dogs would be contained to a certain floor, but every hotel is different. I’ll definitely have to call myself and find out.
Disney is VERY confused and giving out conflicting info on this left & right (& it matters to them exactly zero what you were told when you called). Latest I'd seen "straight from mouse's mouth" was rooms would have direct access to outside, so ground floor (i.e. Maybe figured out sticking personal dogs and unknown hyper children in elevators is a potential hazard?) I'd stay safe by asking for the allergy clean.

I'm really interested to know if you ever get a response to this question. I am totally a pet lover but the thought of having dogs on the CL floor or in the lounge kind of just turns me off. I have a YC CL stay booked for November. I don't even know if they would be allowed in the lounge or not. Does anyone know the guidelines of where pets will be accepted within the resort?
Not allowed in the lounge for sure. That info was in one of the original press releases.

They continue to replenish the food throughout the service. It actually made me a bit sad to see them toss everything into the trash at the end of service. Seems like they could at least donate it to the local food bank or soup kitchen.

We too make meals out of the breakfast and dinner offerings. In fact, just this past weekend at AKL the CM checking us in said, oh good, you're not on the dining plan, plan on eating your dinner up here if you don't already have plans. I agree WL does have the most hearty apps but it's been about 3 years since we were up there, so that may have changed. At BWI they have actual dinner plates now instead of the little app ones, so I believe they want you to make a meal of it as well.

Yeah, no lounge access for Fido. For those that haven’t followed the other thread or sources, here are Disney pet policies and a YC map with pet relief areas. Presumably those room numbers noted are also the dog friendly rooms and/or sections, although I’m not sure if that has been 100% determined/proven yet. Need some real-world experiences to vet this all out I suspect.

8B1880AB-8469-4F0D-B0FD-72CDEF6DB078.jpeg

3921EC35-C047-4195-B6E2-2E0AE85B67B0.jpeg

Yeah, no lounge access for Fido. For those that haven’t followed the other thread or sources, here are Disney pet policies and a YC map with pet relief areas. Presumably those room numbers noted are also the dog friendly rooms and/or sections, although I’m not sure if that has been 100% determined/proven yet. Need some real-world experiences to vet this all out I suspect.

View attachment 277507

View attachment 277508
People sit in the lounge with wet bathing suits, pj's etc and touch food with their hands and someone thinks the dogs won't hop on furniture or bark?:rolleyes1

Also do they really think people can get to their room in 30 mins from any point? :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info!

View attachment 277507

View attachment 277508

I would guess those room numbers listed will be the pet friendly rooms. We've stayed on that side before and it's really private, there's a ton of trees between those rooms and the dolphin. The whole no barking rule is crazy if they think dogs won't bark or as @trishadono pointed out that you could get back to your room within 30 minutes to address it if they do. It will be really interesting to see how this all pans out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter