Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I'm really interested to know if you ever get a response to this question. I am totally a pet lover but the thought of having dogs on the CL floor or in the lounge kind of just turns me off. I have a YC CL stay booked for November. I don't even know if they would be allowed in the lounge or not. Does anyone know the guidelines of where pets will be accepted within the resort?

We will also be at YC CL in November so I called to ask. They said they are not permitted on the CL floor and definitely not the lounge. But I bet we’ll hear different answers on this. What are your dates?!

I am not happy about the dogs. Will try to call the signature services number if I get a chance (staying at YC CL over NYE), If I get any info will post it here.

Please do report back if you get any answers ;).

We've stayed at AKL CL a lot but having just stayed at BWI CL a month ago, I have some pros and cons. AKL wins for the lounge itself, it's big, open and overlooks the gorgeous lobby. BWI just feels cramped and claustrophobic. Staff, BWI wins hands down. I actually felt like the BWI staff cared about us, at AKL...it feels like this is their job....period. They're not rude or mean but they don't try to know who you are. They both have a chef but at AKL, I'm not even sure what the point of the chef is. They just plate something that was made somewhere else and there was ZERO guest interaction. I don't think the chef said one word to anyone. And now they've moved the chefs stand to the other side of the TV, so it's far from the other food. I don't think a lot of people saw it or knew what it was.

Thanks for the your opinion/comparison between AKL CL and BWI CL. We haven't stayed CL at either, but are hoping to try both sometime next year :).

Sorry, I won't be able to inquire about the dogs at YC CL as promised. :guilty:

I just had an issue arise and have had to cancel the trip Saturday. :sad:

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip :(. I hope everything is ok and gets resolved quickly.

I emailed WDW to express my concerns about the dog policy. I explained that I wanted to stay at the YC in summer and primarily asked if dogs would be allowed in the rooms on the CL floor. I received a call this afternoon from a lovely CM who went through all of my concerns but was unable to answer my query as she didn't know the answer. She said she'll contact the YC directly and get back to me as soon as possible.

Glad the CM admitted she didn't know the answer, rather than make one up or tell you what you want to hear as too many CMs give out wrong information. Hope you get a response :flower3:.

In regards to the new trial dog policy I am going with the let's wait and see what happens before we think Armageddon is happening. Being at WL CL last week we did see service dogs in hotel and parks muc, much more than previous visits so those stating allergy concerns are already being exposed to dog dander etc.

In regards to the new trial dog policy I am going with the let's wait and see what happens before we think Armageddon is happening. Being at WL CL last week we did see service dogs in hotel and parks muc, much more than previous visits so those stating allergy concerns are already being exposed to dog dander etc.
People with dog allergies do need to plan for Armageddon if staying at these resorts. Allergy clean or bail are their choices at this point, they can request a non-pet room but we all know nothing is guaranteed in requests. Should those people request allergy cleans always with the rise in service dogs? Maybe, my family has certainly started discussing this with the member who is allergic to dogs & cats. Imho the rise in concerns of pets vs service animals in rooms at WDW stem from the idea that a service animal won't leave as much dander in a room as Fido because Fido will be confined to a room 23/7, days on end until the trip is done. (I feel sorry for dogs brought on those vacations actually- really hope people spring for dog day care!...) Best solution is for sure to have dedicated pet rooms, it would alleviate so much concern.

People with dog allergies do need to plan for Armageddon if staying at these resorts. Allergy clean or bail are their choices at this point, they can request a non-pet room but we all know nothing is guaranteed in requests. Should those people request allergy cleans always with the rise in service dogs? Maybe, my family has certainly started discussing this with the member who is allergic to dogs & cats. Imho the rise in concerns of pets vs service animals in rooms at WDW stem from the idea that a service animal won't leave as much dander in a room as Fido because Fido will be confined to a room 23/7, days on end until the trip is done. (I feel sorry for dogs brought on those vacations actually- really hope people spring for dog day care!...) Best solution is for sure to have dedicated pet rooms, it would alleviate so much concern.

One of my points with using " Armageddon " is that there are those posting (mainly on other threads) that dogs could be in every room, at every resort, all the time (paraphrasing) which I just don't see happening. Just like with ADA rooms, I see a few rooms at the test resorts being used as a percentage wise of the whole inventory. Disney has said dogs will not be allowed in club level rooms but people with service dogs CAN use club level as he ADA law says they must have access to the same rooms as non ADA guest. As someone allergic to cats (non life threatening) and shellfish (life threatening) I carry the appropriate meds and plan for worse case scenario. There has been a poster who went to AKL and went to their room only to discover via husbands allergies that a service dog had been in the room and didn't know this until they went back down to the front desk . Some dogs (service and other) shed more than others and typically large dogs shed more than smaller dogs.

Airplanes also don't clean after every flight service dogs have been a passenger.

Bottom line is I believe Disney is taking appropriate and reasonable measures to accommodate those with allergies without putting one group over another and also that those allergic are probably coming into contact with where dogs have been more than they think.

I received an email from WDW with regards to my query as to whether dogs would be allowed in CL rooms at the YC. Unfortunately the email doesn't actually answer the question! The CM states that the dogs won't be allowed in the lounge and that there will be certain sections of the hotel where dogs will be allowed. The email is very ambiguous and could be interpreted in a variety of ways. I've emailed back and asked if they could specifically answer the question. At the moment I wouldn't feel confident in booking a CL YC room.

... There has been a poster who went to AKL and went to their room only to discover via husbands allergies that a service dog had been in the room and didn't know this until they went back down to the front desk...
Well now I'm hooked! What happened? I think easiest would be to move them to another room... Gah! If Disney would just commit to having pet-friendly and non-pet friendly rooms upon request at each of these pet-friendly resorts they would quell a lot of this concern.

Well now I'm hooked! What happened? I think easiest would be to move them to another room... Gah! If Disney would just commit to having pet-friendly and non-pet friendly rooms upon request at each of these pet-friendly resorts they would quell a lot of this concern.

I believe they were moved to another room which was fine for the husbands allergy. They just wanted to be told when they first checked in that a service dog was in the room before but apparently this is not something they (Disney) disclose upfront to guests.

Did you try doing one night at a time? If it's available in one night in time they should be able to piece together a reservation for you for the length of stay. Sometimes guest services needs to be involved.

This is great to hear. I'm staying at Yacht Club in 32 days with celiac (gluten free.)

I finally found a room at Pop! I just kept checking different dates until something finally worked. I wish it could be CL but at least I'll be in my happy place over the holidays. :D

I saw a post about rooms in AKL CL but couldn't find it again to quote, but we've stayed CL quite a bit and ask to be about 1/2 way down the hallway. I think the views improve as you go farther out from the lobby, but then you have a longer walk to the lounge, so we request halfway as a compromise between the two. YMMV

People sit in the lounge with wet bathing suits, pj's etc and touch food with their hands and someone thinks the dogs won't hop on furniture or bark?:rolleyes1

Also do they really think people can get to their room in 30 mins from any point? :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info!

Good point about the timing. Especially when they say to allot over an hour to get to an ADR. ;) As for the lounges, the worst thing we have ever seen was kids licking up a drink that was spilled on a carpet. While their parents were busy enjoying themselves and ignoring their offspring. I can't imagine what it would have been like in the lounge that night if a few dogs were added to the crowd.

As someone who is allergic (and married to someone much more sensitive than I am) I can tell you that there aren't all that many service dogs in the first place, so there is less of an issue right now (as in, you could get a room right after but it's not all that common). Plus we do ask for allergy cleaning for multiple reasons, not just animals. But the chances that they will clean well enough to not cause health issues is just not realistic. YC was the first resort we ever stayed at and we love it but won't be booking there again.

I received an email from WDW with regards to my query as to whether dogs would be allowed in CL rooms at the YC. Unfortunately the email doesn't actually answer the question! The CM states that the dogs won't be allowed in the lounge and that there will be certain sections of the hotel where dogs will be allowed. The email is very ambiguous and could be interpreted in a variety of ways. I've emailed back and asked if they could specifically answer the question. At the moment I wouldn't feel confident in booking a CL YC room.
Where are you emailing?? I must have the wrong email address because I sent an email about my upcoming stay and have heard nothing back. Is there an auto generated email that you get when you send it in too? How long after you send the email are you getting a response?

I saw a post about rooms in AKL CL but couldn't find it again to quote, but we've stayed CL quite a bit and ask to be about 1/2 way down the hallway. I think the views improve as you go farther out from the lobby, but then you have a longer walk to the lounge, so we request halfway as a compromise between the two. YMMV

It was me asking about AKL Club level- thank You.

I didn't see anyone answer this but we just got back from my quick surprise birthday trip! So about 3 years ago they took the kids table away and didn't really replace it. However, I am happy to report that although the table isn't back, the kid food is! We had uncrustables, fruit, meatballs, chicken nuggets, Apple's with Carmel dip and PB. I took pics of all of the food and drink menus, they had them posted for the whole week. However, I don't know how to post on here anymore without photobucket. I can send them to someone if they don't mind to post them for me.

We've stayed at AKL CL a lot but having just stayed at BWI CL a month ago, I have some pros and cons. AKL wins for the lounge itself, it's big, open and overlooks the gorgeous lobby. BWI just feels cramped and claustrophobic. Staff, BWI wins hands down. I actually felt like the BWI staff cared about us, at AKL...it feels like this is their job....period. They're not rude or mean but they don't try to know who you are. They both have a chef but at AKL, I'm not even sure what the point of the chef is. They just plate something that was made somewhere else and there was ZERO guest interaction. I don't think the chef said one word to anyone. And now they've moved the chefs stand to the other side of the TV, so it's far from the other food. I don't think a lot of people saw it or knew what it was.

So all in all we had a great time. If anyone has any other questions please let me know.

Thank you so much for letting me know! Right now we are torn between doing nine straight days at the gf or 6 at gf and 3 at AKL club level (gf is all outer building)...Believe it or not both work out to the same price. When we booked initially, we couldn’t get nine straight days of the discount at gf...

Just a minor injury that will heal in a few weeks. No worries, more of an inconvenience really. We will most likely still get to go in November, so it isn't too long of a wait.

Thank you for your kind wishes,
Babs

Sorry about the injury, but glad it's not major and will heal quickly. Hope you have a great time in November :goodvibes.

As for the lounges, the worst thing we have ever seen was kids licking up a drink that was spilled on a carpet. While their parents were busy enjoying themselves and ignoring their offspring.

:faint: :faint:

Hey guys! Would love your advice! So as you know, we have our YC CL stay coming up. In light of the dogs now being added to the resorts, we are seriously considering changing resorts. The only resort available during our time is GF SL. Do you think it is worth it to switch? I know they said that the dogs would be in a different section but there’s supposedly no guarantee and I’m sure my kids would love the pool and the evening apps are kid friendly ( and when I say that I really mean stuff I would actually eat! ) But I know the GF is very nice too, but not sure I would love the CL offerings because I am a picky eater!! For anyone who has been at GFSL recently, can you let me know what some of the evening appetizers were? Also, how did the pools compare? Would you switch?? Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter