Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So....we just got back from our first on-site stay. We were Tower Club with a theme park view. The original plan was to do club level at CR first, then GF on the next trip, then followed by AKL or BWI. But at the end of our stay we got a bounceback deal and we booked a trip for next year right back at Tower Club at CR. I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else. Thanks to all on this thread for all of the great info!!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed CR CL! Congrats on the BB, enjoy the planning :wizard:.

So....we just got back from our first on-site stay. We were Tower Club with a theme park view. The original plan was to do club level at CR first, then GF on the next trip, then followed by AKL or BWI. But at the end of our stay we got a bounceback deal and we booked a trip for next year right back at Tower Club at CR. I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else. Thanks to all on this thread for all of the great info!!

So I need to be nosy. Can you share what room type you had and your room number? Any pics?

Glad you had a great trip. I know what you mean by not being able to stay anywhere else. :-)

Hi everyone. I was on here back in April I think when we first booked, glad to see so many of you having great trips. We are at the seven month mark nearly with our August AKL 2018 holiday. We haven't heard from DSS at all, does anyone have the email to contact them please? Also what has peoples experience been of them booking your restaurant reservations at the 180 mark? Or should I just book them myself? (also i know not relevant to this thread if anyone has an major recommendations for restaurants with a 4 and 2 year old please let me know, we have our old favorites but am starting to think we should really be more adventurous this year). I'm so excited to get to planning stage now after booking it so long go. Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone. I was on here back in April I think when we first booked, glad to see so many of you having great trips. We are at the seven month mark nearly with our August AKL 2018 holiday. We haven't heard from DSS at all, does anyone have the email to contact them please? Also what has peoples experience been of them booking your restaurant reservations at the 180 mark? Or should I just book them myself? (also i know not relevant to this thread if anyone has an major recommendations for restaurants with a 4 and 2 year old please let me know, we have our old favorites but am starting to think we should really be more adventurous this year). I'm so excited to get to planning stage now after booking it so long go. Thanks in advance.

Hello - I don't have the email for DSS, but have phoned them at (407) 939-7777 and found them to be quite helpful with general questions. That said, they weren't able to find and book any ADR's that I couldn't find and book for myself on MyDisneyExperience. Regarding restaurant reservations and 2-4 year olds, I've traveled on with multi-generational family groups on several occasions. In each case, the Crystal Palace was the family favorite, and definitely the favorite for the "littles". Everyone (young and old alike) had great character interaction with Pooh and pals. Second up was the Ohana Best Friends Breakfast, which was laid back and fun, good food, good character interaction (and MICKEY).

(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Happy Planning!

Has anyone stay BC CL in the past 2 weeks now? if so what was the dinner servings? yes I know its not dinner but I call it that well because I can fill up on some of that stuff and not have to worry about spending any extra money, plus ya know I have the oh so $7 per beer, Im a big guy so its nice to have the 3 or 4 beer and keep the $30 in my pocket. ( And no I do not abuse the CMs , I ask kindly and respect them)

Also FYI, don't worry about not hearing from DSS. Many do, some don't. I don't mean that to sound like it's an excuse or that it's "OK" - it's just unfortunately the way it is. It happened in the pre-DSS setup as well.

I don't personally use DSS for 180 day reservations (easy enough to do myself), but the reports on this thread from those that do 'generally' tend to slant positive. You'll occasionally see a bad report, so it's not all perfect, but I think you're in reasonable hands if you do try it. Although I think a lot of people just prefer to do it themselves so they can adjust on the fly when needed, but maybe that's just my perception.

As to dining - 2 and 4 are tough dining ages, or at least they were for us! PBJs in the lounge vs trying to make an ADR and worrying about our kids behaving/staying awake usually got the nod from us! Yes, parents of the year. :rotfl:

That said, some of our favorites have been:

Tiffins lunch, love that place, and yes, even with the kiddos (oddly, my picky eaters like the food there)
I took both kids to Teppan Edo in October and had a BLAST - I know it's cheesy and all, but it really kept them engaged
Be our Guest dinner (not so much a fan of other meals there)
Garden Grill breakfast (the best character interaction we've had in our travels) (Prefer PPO)
Tusker House breakfast (prefer PPO)

It's funny, traveling with younger kiddos, I have cancelled far more ADRs than I ever end up keeping once there, so I don't consider us particularly well-rounded in all the WDW dining options!

Happy planning!

I posted this in the Wilderness Lodge thread but we arrived today and found out the cobbler recipe changed. Apparently the club staff told the kitchen it wasn’t of a thick enough consistency but now it is extremely dry. We were told Apple is the worst now so hopefully the berry ones are better. Too bad!

Also FYI, don't worry about not hearing from DSS. Many do, some don't. I don't mean that to sound like it's an excuse or that it's "OK" - it's just unfortunately the way it is. It happened in the pre-DSS setup as well.

I don't personally use DSS for 180 day reservations (easy enough to do myself), but the reports on this thread from those that do 'generally' tend to slant positive. You'll occasionally see a bad report, so it's not all perfect, but I think you're in reasonable hands if you do try it. Although I think a lot of people just prefer to do it themselves so they can adjust on the fly when needed, but maybe that's just my perception.

As to dining - 2 and 4 are tough dining ages, or at least they were for us! PBJs in the lounge vs trying to make an ADR and worrying about our kids behaving/staying awake usually got the nod from us! Yes, parents of the year. :rotfl:

That said, some of our favorites have been:

Tiffins lunch, love that place, and yes, even with the kiddos (oddly, my picky eaters like the food there)
I took both kids to Teppan Edo in October and had a BLAST - I know it's cheesy and all, but it really kept them engaged
Be our Guest dinner (not so much a fan of other meals there)
Garden Grill breakfast (the best character interaction we've had in our travels) (Prefer PPO)
Tusker House breakfast (prefer PPO)

It's funny, traveling with younger kiddos, I have cancelled far more ADRs than I ever end up keeping once there, so I don't consider us particularly well-rounded in all the WDW dining options!

Happy planning!

Thank you. We got free DDP when we booked, otherwise we don't think we would bother with two many meals. Am thinking of doubling them up for more character interactions and Narcossees as we love it) and less meals. I will look into Garden grill,t hanks, haven't considered that one. What is PPO?

Also has anyone stayed in the AKL CL rooms with a king and day bed? Is the day bed like a double sleeper sofa? We are early I know but am trying to work out what to request for our kids, i don't think they will like bunks. So torn between the king and day bed or two doubles if anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

Thank you. We got free DDP when we booked, otherwise we don't think we would bother with two many meals. Am thinking of doubling them up for more character interactions and Narcossees as we love it) and less meals. I will look into Garden grill,t hanks, haven't considered that one. What is PPO?

PPO=Pre Park Opening. Ie, if a restaurant has hours before the park opening... 8AM-9AM assuming a 9AM park opening. We like them since they get us in the park early and we get a head start on the day once the park opens.

I just posted a review of GF SL CL on the resorts board. Here is a link to it. Thanks for everyone's help during my planning stages.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-floridian-sugar-loaf-cl-review.3652754/

Sorry to hear that you had some issues at GF SL. :sad1: We stay there often and have requested one of those rooms overlooking the atrium every time, to no avail. We have always been assigned a room in one of the wings. (Perhaps we were lucky? I have heard that they are noisy.)
One thing that annoyed me was the response of one CM who told me that there were no rooms bordering on the atrium, only suites, so that our request to be located there was impossible. It irks me when I am blatantly told things that I know are not true.

I was happy to read at the end of your trip report that you did have a good vacation overall. :) I agree that the AKL is very special and, when we have stayed there, the CL is quite good.

Thank you for your review. It is so very helpful to read of others' experiences and opinions, both the positive and the negative. I hope that when you go back for the 50th, everything is perfect for you!

Checked out of BWI yesterday; I’m over at the Dolphin now.

Another great stay and our first time in the Garden Cottages! At first I was unsure how I felt about the room, but we loved it! We were in 1211, the secret staircase is between 1212 and 1214. This was the quietest room we’ve ever had at any Disney resort!

It was great seeing many familiar CM faces and meeting Kerry and her husband. I hope you had a good trip home, Kerry!

Checked out of BWI yesterday; I’m over at the Dolphin now.

Another great stay and our first time in the Garden Cottages! At first I was unsure how I felt about the room, but we loved it! We were in 1211, the secret staircase is between 1212 and 1214. This was the quietest room we’ve ever had at any Disney resort!

It was great seeing many familiar CM faces and meeting Kerry and her husband. I hope you had a good trip home, Kerry!

Glad you had a great time at BWI! Hope the rest of your time at the Dolphin is just as nice :goodvibes.

We leave tomorrow. :tongue: I got an email from them that we will get a text once our room is ready and we don't need to go to check-in. I loved our club level check-in previously (and so did my kids). My question is can Club Cast Members help with pin on Magicband resets? For the life of me I cannot remember what pin I gave to my dear husband, I just know it isn't mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter