Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We leave tomorrow. :tongue: I got an email from them that we will get a text once our room is ready and we don't need to go to check-in. I loved our club level check-in previously (and so did my kids). My question is can Club Cast Members help with pin on Magicband resets? For the life of me I cannot remember what pin I gave to my dear husband, I just know it isn't mine.

Yep, they can do that. :thumbsup2

Have fun!

Checked out of BWI yesterday; I’m over at the Dolphin now.

Another great stay and our first time in the Garden Cottages! At first I was unsure how I felt about the room, but we loved it! We were in 1211, the secret staircase is between 1212 and 1214. This was the quietest room we’ve ever had at any Disney resort!

It was great seeing many familiar CM faces and meeting Kerry and her husband. I hope you had a good trip home, Kerry!
It was great to meet you and Tori too! Yes, we made it home just fine. It was a wonderful trip and looking forward to the next one. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hello - yes, I was the person posting on the 12/20 & 12/31 fireworks thread! Trying to get my ducks in a row in terms of planning. Thanks for the information on the specialty cakes. I wondered if DSS would actually arrange something, or just point me in the right direction. I did end up phoning them on the cake topic. They can arrange for the Disney Celebration cake with Happy Birthday ears at a table serve restaurant. Those are the little Mickey hat-shaped cakes which are available day-of, assuming the restaurant has not run out of stock. However, the Happy Birthday ears are not guaranteed and are unlikely to be in stock day-of. DSS helping with that is good. Otherwise, you're right - for the true specialty cakes, it's going to be Private Dining or special orders from one of the bakeries. DSS also said that they did not yet have the NYE events calendar for the Grand Floridian.

Hey, just FWIW....I e-mailed DSS earlier today asking which fireworks show would be the 6:30 show on both days. Their response was Fantasy in the Sky for both dates. How's that for consistent info for you?!?!? :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

Hey, just FWIW....I e-mailed DSS earlier today asking which fireworks show would be the 6:30 show on both days. Their response was Fantasy in the Sky for both dates. How's that for consistent info for you?!?!? :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

You've got to be kidding me?!?! What the heck!

You've got to be kidding me?!?! What the heck!

Honestly I'm not surprised with the inconsistent info (I hate to say 'typical Disney' but it kind of is). It says Fantasy in the Sky on their internal website, so the CM that answered my e-mail may have just used that as the source and the CM you dealt with did more digging to find accurate info. Or the CM you dealt with was wrong and mine was right! Could go either way! :rotfl:

So I need to be nosy. Can you share what room type you had and your room number? Any pics?

Glad you had a great trip. I know what you mean by not being able to stay anywhere else. :-)
We had the Std King Club Level, Room 4911. We were hoping for 4912, but 4911 was still great other than the fact it didn't have a tub. DW was hoping to use the tub to soak her feet but the Concierge was able to make arrangements to get something that she could use :-)

I totally meant to take pics of the room before we started unpacking but got too distracted by the view. We did get lots of pics of the view and the fireworks, but none of the room itself. We expected noise from the lounge since that room is right next to the lounge and prep area, but we never heard a thing. Every once in a while we could hear something get moved at CG upstairs (and usually right at 11:40pm each night).

The room was large and the balcony was huge. Keep in mind that there is no couch in this room. We loved staying there and are looking forward to our stay there next year and in 2021.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed CR CL! Congrats on the BB, enjoy the planning :wizard:.
Unfortunately when I did the math I realized that I wasn't getting a discount. The person on the phone told me it was a 30% discount, but I later realized it was straight up rack rates. I called today and was told that arrivals in October and November in 2018 were ineligible for the bounceback, apparently my original CM was new and didn't quite know what she was going. I kept the room res and am hoping to get an AP discount next year.

We had the Std King Club Level, Room 4911. We were hoping for 4912, but 4911 was still great other than the fact it didn't have a tub. DW was hoping to use the tub to soak her feet but the Concierge was able to make arrangements to get something that she could use :-)

I totally meant to take pics of the room before we started unpacking but got too distracted by the view. We did get lots of pics of the view and the fireworks, but none of the room itself. We expected noise from the lounge since that room is right next to the lounge and prep area, but we never heard a thing. Every once in a while we could hear something get moved at CG upstairs (and usually right at 11:40pm each night).

The room was large and the balcony was huge. Keep in mind that there is no couch in this room. We loved staying there and are looking forward to our stay there next year and in 2021.

THANK YOU! Really appreciate that info. To be honest I've been keeping a little notes file on the Tower Club rooms since there is so little info out there.

Last question, I promise, does that room have a connecting door to 4912?

Unfortunately when I did the math I realized that I wasn't getting a discount. The person on the phone told me it was a 30% discount, but I later realized it was straight up rack rates. I called today and was told that arrivals in October and November in 2018 were ineligible for the bounceback, apparently my original CM was new and didn't quite know what she was going. I kept the room res and am hoping to get an AP discount next year.

Oh no, that stinks! I hope a great AP rate comes out and that resort/room type is included and available for your dates :goodvibes.

THANK YOU! Really appreciate that info. To be honest I've been keeping a little notes file on the Tower Club rooms since there is so little info out there.

Last question, I promise, does that room have a connecting door to 4912?
Yes, it does. And from what I have heard 4912 has connecting doors on both sides. I am always worried about noise from connecting doors, but when the couple next door was arguing we actually could hear more (relatively speaking) through the vent in the bathroom than the connecting door.

And no worries on the questions, I learned so much on this thread that I feel the need to "give back."

Poly Club Level Lagoon View. What does that mean? :) what will our room and floor options be? Could we potential see the fireworks from this view? What should we request? Thanks. Excited!

Poly Club Level Lagoon View. What does that mean? :) what will our room and floor options be? Could we potential see the fireworks from this view? What should we request? Thanks. Excited!

What does it mean? It means awesomeness! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I love the LV option for Poly CL... not as expensive as TPV but with a lot of the same benefits.

Warning, this post is pic heavy and long. Sorry!

The large majority of Poly LV rooms are on the first floor facing the lagoon. There are a few on the 2nd and 3rd floor - these are rooms that have a palm tree blocking the direct line of sight to the castle so aren't classified as TPV. But the odds are you'll be on the first floor.

The biggest downside of these rooms is that your direct view is pretty much the bungalows. But the biggest benefit (assuming you have a first floor room) is that you can walk right out to the beach, Sunset Point, etc. I used to always book TPV when I first stated staying Poly CL, but I've been more of a LV convert lately because the "walk out" patio for the kids is such a nice feature.

When I've booked LV, my requests have simply been "first floor, close to the lounge."

Enough talk, here are some pics...

Room 1501, which is the very first room on the first floor closest to the main entrance/CM desks.
1.jpeg

The castle is just behind that second (+/-) bungalow. That speaker you see in the ground plays Poly music all day long, and also the fireworks music.
2.jpeg

We must go back... we NEED to go back...
3.jpeg

View from the beach looking back towards Hawaii. 1501 is the first room on the bottom floor. Towards the right, the CL CM desks are on the first floor, the second and third floor is the lounge.
4.jpeg

Watch out for duck visitors. Also watch out for sandy footprints!!! Darn kids. :-)
5.jpeg

The following pics are from Room 1515 which is on almost the exact opposite end of the hall... four rooms from the non-lounge end of the building. I consider this LV room a "cheat TPV" room as you can see the castle right there in the middle of the view.
IMG_0762.jpg

This is what I love about Poly CL. Here we are, on a busy Columbus Day weekend, sometime in the afternoon. My two kiddos (who are erased in the pic) are the only ones on the beach. They played there FOREVER and had the best time. Being able to quickly access the beach from the patio is a huge benefit of the LV rooms.
IMG_8720.jpg

Night time is the best time at Poly.... if you look closely you can see the castle.
IMG_0896.jpg

Not a bad fireworks view either. The first night of this trip I walked over towards the main part of the beach to watch. On this night, I opted to stay on the patio. The view was fine and the audio (finally!) was :thumbsup2.
IMG_0916.jpg

TBH, I have such happy thoughts looking at these pics and remembering the fun times we had. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
IMG_0941.jpg

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions!

What does it mean? It means awesomeness! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I love the LV option for Poly CL... not as expensive as TPV but with a lot of the same benefits.

The large majority of Poly LV rooms are on the first floor facing the lagoon. There are a few on the 2nd and 3rd floor - these are rooms that have a palm tree blocking the direct line of sight to the castle so aren't classified as TPV. But the odds are you'll be on the first floor.

The biggest downside of these rooms is that your direct view is pretty much the bungalows. But the biggest benefit (assuming you have a first floor room) is that you can walk right out to the beach, Sunset Point, etc. I used to always book TPV when I first stated staying Poly CL, but I've been more of a LV convert lately because the "walk out" patio for the kids is such a nice feature.

When I've booked LV, my requests have simply been "first floor, close to the lounge."

Room 1501, which is the very first room on the first floor closest to the main entrance/CM desks.
View attachment 288948

The castle is just behind that second (+/-) bungalow. That speaker you see in the ground plays Poly music all day long, and also the fireworks music.
View attachment 288949

View attachment 288950

View from the beach looking back towards Hawaii. 1501 is the first room on the bottom floor. Towards the right, the CL CM desks are on the first floor, the second and third floor is the lounge.
View attachment 288951

Watch out for duck visitors. Also watch out for sandy footprints!!! Darn kids. :-)
View attachment 288952

The following pics are from Room 1515 which is on almost the exact opposite end of the hall... four rooms from the non-lounge end of the building. I consider this LV room a "cheat TPV" room as you can see the castle right there in the middle of the view.
View attachment 288973

This is what I love about Poly CL. Here we are, on a busy Columbus Day weekend, sometime in the afternoon. My two kiddos (who are erased in the pic) are the only ones on the beach. They played there FOREVER and had the best time. Being able to quickly access the beach from the patio is a huge benefit of the LV rooms.
View attachment 288981

Night time is the best time at Poly.... if you look closely you can see the castle.
View attachment 288980

Not a bad fireworks view either. The first night of this trip I walked over towards the main part of the beach to watch. On this night, I opted to stay on the patio. The view was fine and the audio (finally!) was :thumbsup2.
View attachment 288982

TBH, I have such happy thoughts looking at these pics and remembering the fun times we had. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
View attachment 288983

We also stayed in 1501! I loved it, but the music from that speaker drove DW crazy so we had to move rooms! :rolleyes: We like to sleep in on vacation, and the Hawaiian Christmas music started at 7am? 8am? And every morning they were out there with a leaf blower blowing the sand off the pavement and then an ATV would drive back and forth flattening down the sand on the beach. Again, we are sleep-in people so if you are a rope dropper you probably won't hear it or care if you do cause you're already up! :thumbsup2 Besides the before 10am noise :goodvibes the room was outstanding. So close to the lounge, the front door, the pool and watching Wishes from our patio on our patio chairs was absolutely priceless!! I don't want to say it was the highlight of the trip, but it was definitely up there! And thanks for posting those pictures! Bringing back so many great memories!

We also stayed in 1501! I loved it, but the music from that speaker drove DW crazy so we had to move rooms! :rolleyes: We like to sleep in on vacation, and the Hawaiian Christmas music started at 7am? 8am? And every morning they were out there with a leaf blower blowing the sand off the pavement and then an ATV would drive back and forth flattening down the sand on the beach. Again, we are sleep-in people so if you are a rope dropper you probably won't hear it or care if you do cause you're already up! :thumbsup2 Besides the before 10am noise :goodvibes the room was outstanding. So close to the lounge, the front door, the pool and watching Wishes from our patio on our patio chairs was absolutely priceless!! I don't want to say it was the highlight of the trip, but it was definitely up there! And thanks for posting those pictures! Bringing back so many great memories!

HAHA!

When did you stay Poly CL last? I totally agree, the ATV guy used to be out there SO EARLY (<7AM) but my last few trips they seemed to have pushed that back to a more reasonable time. My kids are young so we're more rope drop folks than anything else, so I'm a bit immune to anything else. It's probably my kids that are bothering you running down the halls at 7AM (if so, I'm sorry!). :hug:

HAHA!

When did you stay Poly CL last? I totally agree, the ATV guy used to be out there SO EARLY (<7AM) but my last few trips they seemed to have pushed that back to a more reasonable time. My kids are young so we're more rope drop folks than anything else, so I'm a bit immune to anything else. It's probably my kids that are bothering you running down the halls at 7AM (if so, I'm sorry!). :hug:
We were last there December 2016, we stayed at WL for our December trip this year, but CL was sold out! Did get a nice regular courtyard view room though!

We never ever heard anyone in the halls at Poly! That over achieving ATV guy on the other hand...:moped:

View attachment 288948

View attachment 288949

View attachment 288950

View attachment 288951

View attachment 288952

View attachment 288973

View attachment 288981

View attachment 288980

View attachment 288982

View attachment 288983

Awesome summary!!! Thank you!!! Do you access the food part of the lounge from the 2nd floor or by entering through the first floor? Thank you so much! #planning

Love your pictures @GADisneyDad14 and now I'm rethinking my May Poly reservation. We reserved Garden View which I know is fine...we visited the property last January and saw the view from both sides of the building and decided it would be handy and somewhat cheaper to be on the Oasis Pool side of the building. But that beach view is lovely and would be handy for the littles. Our priority is ground level no matter which side. Tikiman shows just 6 LV rooms on the ground floor but 16 GV rooms so if this is accurate I would be lessening my chances by reserving LV. I wish I could reserve LV and if ground floor not available then change to GV on the spot LOL - I know it doesn't work that way! Really, I need to stop over-thinking this.:)

Love your pictures @GADisneyDad14 and now I'm rethinking my May Poly reservation. We reserved Garden View which I know is fine...we visited the property last January and saw the view from both sides of the building and decided it would be handy and somewhat cheaper to be on the Oasis Pool side of the building. But that beach view is lovely

Argh! I’m having the same bout of indecision. I already talked myself into upgrading from the non-CL LV to CL GV, which was the only CL available for our January trip when I booked, but now a CL TPV room is available, but it’s nearly $170/night more. I know I shouldn’t do it but I just keep thinking about it. :scratchin

Awesome summary!!! Thank you!!! Do you access the food part of the lounge from the 2nd floor or by entering through the first floor? Thank you so much! #planning

The main part of the lounge is on the 2nd floor. There’s also a smaller sitting area and restroom on the 3rd floor.

There is an internal staircase that connects all three levels. The elevator is also right there just outside the lounge.

It’s really easy to get to the lounge no matter what floor you’re on.

Hope that answers your question. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter