Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@trishadono :thanks:
@jods :thanks:
@mickeynut1 :thanks:

Lol :yay::yay::yay: now I think I want to go to the party. Decisions, decisions :rolleyes1 I didn't think about going at 4pm then breaking, then going back to party for the night. Thanks for your input. I love the CL thread- everyone so helpful and friendly. Makes me keep wanting to do CL after this year. I guess I will have to find a way to make it work so I can keep participating on this thread.

Your tray looks so appetizing and exactly what I would be having for breakfast too!
Were the CM's cool with getting you the sparkling wine in the AM?

So you had a tower room! That's great. How did you like it compared to other GF rooms?
Our trip was 1 night prior to our VGF stay. I had 2 teens back then and requested the extra space. I loved it but dh wasn't thrilled that the door to balcony is a sheer curtain so the room didn't get fully dark. The room is identical until the last feet where instead of the sliding doors is the bumpout. I would love it everytime but alas only 3 !

The 4th floor doesn't have a balcony so should be darker if important.

I always ask for stuff. I don't know maybe its my "yay Im on vaca ,Im so glad to be here, can i get some wine, champagne etc?" It always works!

Someone posted recently no red wine at BWI in the afternoon but they went and got it and brought it up for me so...... it really just depends on who is working.

I even asked for sparkling on my going home day and handed them a paper cup. I topped it off with POG and strolled around and finished it prior to my ME departure.

Our trip was 1 night prior to our VGF stay. I had 2 teens back then and requested the extra space. I loved it but dh wasn't thrilled that the door to balcony is a sheer curtain so the room didn't get fully dark. The room is identical until the last feet where instead of the sliding doors is the bumpout. I would love it everytime but alas only 3 !

The 4th floor doesn't have a balcony so should be darker if important.

I always ask for stuff. I don't know maybe its my "yay Im on vaca ,Im so glad to be here, can i get some wine, champagne etc?" It always works!

Someone posted recently no red wine at BWI in the afternoon but they went and got it and brought it up for me so...... it really just depends on who is working.

I even asked for sparkling on my going home day and handed them a paper cup. I topped it off with POG and strolled around and finished it prior to my ME departure.

Thanks again @trishadono!

And I like the way you think re the paper cup, POG and strolling around! ::yes::

My TA just upgraded me from BWI CL to Poly CL with the summer discount!!!! :love1::love1:Bad news is I have to pay the new ticket price so I am paying the same as before overall. But I believe Poly is a huge upgrade from BWI, right???!!! My DH and I stayed at Poly during our honeymoon 16 years ago.. Looking forward to return with our kids

when was the last refurb at Poly??

@OurLaughingPlace we did MNSSHP several years and have so many fond memories of it. One year we rode BTMRR no kidding like 10 times in a row and most times didn’t have to get off. The kids squealed with delight. There were three families and one by one an adult would bail and finally it was just me and all the kids. We still laugh about that years later. We were also fortunate to be on Astro one time during the fireworks which was spectacular. I don’t know if they still do dance parties, but to this day whenever I hear the Black Eyed Peas “I gotta feeling”, it takes me right back to dancing with the kids at the party.

I have so many just as happy memories than are non MNSSHP party related too, and just glad I have them all to remember. If it’s something you think you’d regret, do it! Have a great time!

@GADisneyDad14 thanks for the discount chart. Man, only 15%. Squeeze.

@OurLaughingPlace - I LOVE MNSSHP. Like really love it. If I could only go one time of year, it would be during MNSSHP season. I have taken DS on an annual “boys trip” for the last four years pretty much solely to do MNSSHP. It has kind of become our WDW “tradition” if you will.

Most of these trips have been in that Labor Day/first week of Sept range, so we know HOT parties. :headache:

Most of these trips have been at CR CL, since we like the walkability before and after a party. I also like CR CL for a 2-4 nighter.

Our MNSSHP motivations are:

1) Rides
2) Rides
3) Parades (we try to do both)
4) Fireworks
5) Candy lines
6) Did I say rides?

We do NOT do any of the special characters - those lines are bonkers and not worth it for us. We WILL do a special PhotoPass shot if the line is short.

I love the “vibe” during a party. It’s fun... the CMs are happy... the music is great.... the lighting is different...the people watching is outstanding. People come up with the craziest costumes. Experiencing “something different” at the MK has a lot of appeal for us.

But again, we do spend more of our time riding rides with little to no wait.

Given the above, I don’t even like to arrive until sometime after 7PM. I think the earliest we ever got there was 6ish, have never done 4pm. For one, it’s blazing hot that time of day. And two, we have dinner in the lounge. So for us, it’s not a “CL evening” vs “MNSSHP” - we do both. Admittedly, I’m ‘wasting’ some party ticket time by not going earlier, but this works for us.

One warning I have about the 8/17 party....

Historically, Disney is ‘not that good’ at park logistics for the first of any event. Read posts around the first party for any of the last few years and you’ll see complaints about “they weren’t set up at the gate on time” or “they didn’t clear the park very well” or “they ran out of special merchandise” or countless other gripes. It’s also traditionally a big media night... bloggers and such. None of this is enough to get me NOT to go on your night in question, just worth mentioning.

ETA: I also do fall somewhere in the camp of “they seem to be selling more tickets for these now” so the experience has subtly changed year-to-year crowd wise. I have no idea if that’s true or I’m just more aware of my surroundings / have more MK experience these days. But it sort of feels that way sometimes.

Anyway - I’m probably not being all that helpful in your decission making, but I’ll end by saying if this were me and I’d be at WDW on a MNSSHP date, you’d find me there! :rotfl:

Good luck planning!

Last edited:
My TA just upgraded me from BWI CL to Poly CL with the summer discount!!!! :love1::love1:Bad news is I have to pay the new ticket price so I am paying the same as before overall. But I believe Poly is a huge upgrade from BWI, right???!!! My DH and I stayed at Poly during our honeymoon 16 years ago.. Looking forward to return with our kids

when was the last refurb at Poly??
Spring of 2013. I was in the rooms and lounge just after opening :cloud9:

In case this is helpful to others, I have updated the CL Extra FP+ Trial Program info I posted several pages back as some things have changed or we have more clarity on certain topics. Below is the latest. It’s long (sorry!) but there are a lot of details with this program.

Club Level Extra FP+ & Reserved Viewing Area Trial Program Summary

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Includes one reserved viewing area selection per night; choices are MK/HEA, Epcot/Illuminations, HS/Fantasmic!, AK/ROL
  • Extra FPs, regular FPs and nighttime viewing selections are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two or three night CL or other eligible room category reservation (note: more info is needed to confirm if it’s really a two or three night minimum resort stay)
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs & Nighttime Viewing
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FPs and nighttime viewing choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs and nighttime viewing selection can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs or nighttime viewing selections yourself in MDX, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You can modify your three regular FPs to repeat a ride you have booked via an Extra FP
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Reserved Nighttime Viewing Locations
  • MK/HEA - Plaza Garden West (this is the fake grass/garden area in front of Casey's, the opposite garden from where they do the Plaza Garden dessert party)
  • Epcot/Illuminations - Germany, on the water near the glass blowing cart
  • HS/Fantasmic! - Near the dessert & VIP viewing experience area
  • AK/ROL - Enter via the FP area, close to the water in that general FP area
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • The DSS CMs I’ve spoken too stressed this is a trial program
  • This is a pretty nuanced offering with a lot of manual entry required by DSS CMs and involves the dark underbelly of MDX
  • With something so nuanced and involving many different departments, I suspect details will continue to be fluid as we go along so all of the above is subject to change
If anyone has any questions, clarifications, other info to add, or different experiences, please let me know. Thanks!

Anyone experienced this yet, and have word on if the repeated FP were usable without glitches? Still getting very mixed reviews that there will be major issues the day you go to use them.

I booked the extra passes on Wednesday. The only glitch I had was a ticket issue of my own making: our APs expire right before we get there, and DSS can't get FPs if you don't have a valid ticket. And I'm here to tell you that promising them you'll renew doesn't work. :sad: Also, Disney, for whatever reason, will not let you renew your APs outside the 60 day window. Which baffles me, because really? You won't take my money now, Disney???? :eek: :faint:

Anyway, once I got that issue squared away, it was indeed seamless. I had a spreadsheet of exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it, and the wonderful Megan at DSS got them all. The entire conversation was maybe 20 minutes long, and that included getting a reservation for a Pirate Adventure Cruise, so I'd say the FP portion was maybe 12 - 15 minutes?

In terms of two FPs for the same ride, I didn't even try it. I had no interest in jeopardizing any of my reservations, because I can't help believing if it's a glitch Disney doesn't want, then eventually they'll fix it. That said, Megan was WONDERFUL about guiding me through the process. i.e., not making 4 FPs in one park, including two Tier 1s, and 2 FPs in a different park; pointing out where I could get MORE Tier 1s, etc. She was the bomb diggity. :love:

For the fireworks, you do have to tell them which ones you'll be viewing, and your name is then placed on a reservation list.

It's funny; when they first announced this, I didn't think we'd have any interest in it at all. Turns out it's going to be a WONDERFUL addition to our trip!!! :love:

Thanks for responding! I have already booked mine, but was more hoping for a review of how it went actually using these extra ones (especially the duplicate rides) while in the park already. :thanks:

:welcome: to the DIS!

I'd suggest posting your question over on this thread: Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase (Logistics)

There's more discussion of the logistics/booking/strategies/etc over there.

To quickly answer your question, DSS won't double up FPs when you call to book, but you can manually modify your three regular FPs after the fact to repeat an Extra FP. Just a warning that some CMs have told people not to do that / it'll cause problems day of. TBD whether that's just CM speak or a legit warning... we need more real world reports to know for sure what will happen.

I've traveled to Disney with my two kids solo before... it can be challenging, but was really rewarding/fun for us. Hope you have a great stay at AKL CL!

I am a counselor for trauma kids, and have worked in behavioral health for 15+ years. My own kids are pretty mellow, have good boundaries, and I'm tuned into their needs, as well as them understanding mine. This is also our 4th trip to Disney, so I expect we will take lots of breaks, but will have a super time overall!
Thanks for your kid words. the group has been incredibly welcoming.
I booked my extra ones for june 1-7th, and had the same positive experience as others. I did go in and double up on some rides, but hoping to see how it actually goes for others! I'll just be lurking around for a while reading all the awesome things.

@OurLaughingPlace We did the first Halloween party 2 years ago while staying at the CR CL. We got there at 4pm and it was pretty crowded at the beginning. I would say not to miss the Halloween party but go later. Since you are staying in the EPCOT area I would have appetizers and then leave to go to MK for the party. As the night went on, the lines did get shorter for everything. I have to say that with all the CLs that we stayed in evening desserts was definitely not worth missing a party over (especially since you never went to a Halloween party). You will be there 3 nights - so you can make desserts another night. If you want a drink you can get it with appetizers and then head to the party. We usually stay about a week or more at DW and never do the desserts more than 2 times - we are usually at the park. We do make appetizers more than desserts. I hope that helps.

@beesly I am sorry about your BWI stay. We had the same interaction with Reggie. He was wonderful and the food was delicious. We usually stay at the BWI for a week so we get to see all of the CMs and they do have some of the best CMs in all of the CL lounges. Thanks for your review.

@GoGoBeans
@GADisneyDad14
:thanks:

Thanks for the detailed review and suggestions. I'm going to see if it is in the budget then likely go for it. If we do go for it, light/cool costumes will be my next questions.:rotfl:
I am fortunate enough to have a good friend with an embroidery machine who put a Mickey Halloween design on plain T-shirt’s for the kids. She also put a design on bright orange drawstring bags as their trick or treat bags. Disney will give you bags, but I found the drawstring ones to be easier to carry and contain on the rides.

It was so cute, simple and comfortable.

Have a great trip!

Can anyone tell me if there are sand toys to borrow? Of do we need to bring our own/buy some in the gift shop? (staying Poly CL, but I know there are a few other places with beaches.

Can anyone tell me if there are sand toys to borrow? Of do we need to bring our own/buy some in the gift shop? (staying Poly CL, but I know there are a few other places with beaches.

They’ll give kids a pail/bucket and scoop at check-in. If they don’t (sometimes you’ll get a CM that forgets), just ask. It also comes with some crayons, a paper tiki mask to color, maybe something else.

Pretty sure we have gotten them on our recent trips, but you never know when they might stop little things like this - so YMMV.

Well I’ve read lots and lots of this thread and am satisfied that boardwalk club is where I should go. I have a standard view club room booked and have a couple more questions. What is the difference between keyed access and “behind the door”. I will request close to lounge and if I they give me a boardwalk view, how noisy does it get?
There is a possibility we may upgrade to a deluxe club view and want to know if they are close to club and how noisy they get. I’ve never stayed at Epcot before and am sold on bwi after reading about it.

Well I’ve read lots and lots of this thread and am satisfied that boardwalk club is where I should go. I have a standard view club room booked and have a couple more questions. What is the difference between keyed access and “behind the door”. I will request close to lounge and if I they give me a boardwalk view, how noisy does it get?
There is a possibility we may upgrade to a deluxe club view and want to know if they are close to club and how noisy they get. I’ve never stayed at Epcot before and am sold on bwi after reading about it.

The 4th floor of the BWI is part regular rooms and part Club level rooms. There is a CL desk and a locked door next to it that only CL guests can get through. Most of the CL rooms and lounge are through the door. @GADisneyDad14 gave a great map of the rooms of the BWI several pages back. Some of the rooms that have club level access are not behind the doors - but you have access to open the door so you can get to the lounge. That's what "Behind the door" means.

We have only stayed in Deluxe BW view rooms and did not have any issues with noise. I will say that we stay up late but never had a problem with noise. I love the BW view rooms although the patios are small.

Enjoy the BWI - and come back and tell us how your trip was.

My TA just upgraded me from BWI CL to Poly CL with the summer discount!!!! :love1::love1:Bad news is I have to pay the new ticket price so I am paying the same as before overall. But I believe Poly is a huge upgrade from BWI, right???!!!

I guess it depends who you ask, but in this family's opinion no. We feel BWI is actually a slight upgrade over Poly. Poly may be an upgrade in the amount of $$$ flying out of our bank account, but that's it.

Now don't get me wrong, Poly CL is great. But we would definitely not say Poly is a huge upgrade over BWI. Not even a little one.

Here’s that map! :-)

The CL rooms “start” about half-way down the hall between the elevators and CM desk. I was in the room in red, for example, and the next 1-2ish to the left were also CL rooms. Hope that makes sense.

View attachment 310322

I really wish I would've had a map like this before we stayed there!! Your map makes everything look less confusing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter