Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

That’s about all CR does. Plus the big tree out front.
Years ago (15 to 20 years), there were more Christmas decorations at the Contemporary. They switched out of lights on the side of the tower with alternating red and green bulbs.

They had a Christmas tree which was suspended from the ceiling inside of the Grand Canyon Concourse. Also, there were garlands on the balconies which overlook the Grand Canyon Concourse. It was quite spectacular

Every tine I look at the contemporary Xmas tree it reminds me of those trees that you just fold down like an umbrella. There’s just no wow to it at all-

Speaking of Christmas decorations, looks like CR will be getting some new ones this year!!

Cinderella Castle
Disney’s Contemporary Resort (3rd Floor) –- NEW THIS YEAR
Cinderella Castle recreated in a Mary Blair-style set on an “It’s a Small World” backdrop, with oversized gingerbread cookies depicting Cinderella and Prince Charming greeting guests from the Castle forecourt. The 18’ tall display is crafted from thousands of gingerbread blocks, rolled fondant, and modeling chocololate.

Speaking of Christmas decorations, looks like CR will be getting some new ones this year!!

Cinderella Castle
Cinderella Castle recreated in a Mary Blair-style set on an “It’s a Small World” backdrop, with oversized gingerbread cookies depicting Cinderella and Prince Charming greeting guests from the Castle forecourt. The 18’ tall display is crafted from thousands of gingerbread blocks, rolled fondant, and modeling chocololate.

Really excited to see this! Thanks for posting!

Hello, everyone :)

I have a room booked for three people at the club level. We are going for the possibility to watch the fireworks from the room with the best view possible.

If my husband (forth person) would be able to come at the last moment - I would like to add more sleeping quarters as for 4 adults total with my daughter spending ton of time in the shower (me too but she is the winner :) ) it would not be that enjoyable to stay in the same room.

I don't want to pay for one more club room, but I want everybody to be able to go to the lounge together.

So my plan is to add my husband as a forth person to the club room and then book one more room in the same tower building but the cheapest one - just for two of us so we have extra beds and bathroom.

Is this a viable plan?

Or there might be some obstacles I don't see? We never stayed in Contemporary before.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice!

Hello, everyone :)

I have a room booked for three people at the club level. We are going for the possibility to watch the fireworks from the room with the best view possible.

If my husband (forth person) would be able to come at the last moment - I would like to add more sleeping quarters as for 4 adults total with my daughter spending ton of time in the shower (me too but she is the winner :) ) it would not be that enjoyable to stay in the same room.

I don't want to pay for one more club room, but I want everybody to be able to go to the lounge together.

So my plan is to add my husband as a forth person to the club room and then book one more room in the same tower building but the cheapest one - just for two of us so we have extra beds and bathroom.

Is this a viable plan?

Or there might be some obstacles I don't see? We never stayed in Contemporary before.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice!

So all four of you would be ‘on’ the CL reservation, then you’d book a seperate non-CL room, presumably also in your name? I’m not sure how that works with Disney... eg, if you’re allowed to be on two seperate reservations. Hopefully someone can chime in.

On a seperate note, have you looked into the 1BR Tower Club Suites? If you’re committed to getting two rooms, you may want to eyeball the price to see how it compares - the 1BR would give you a lot of room (and I mean A LOT!) and two bathrooms.

So all four of you would be ‘on’ the CL reservation, then you’d book a seperate non-CL room, presumably also in your name? I’m not sure how that works with Disney... eg, if you’re allowed to be on two seperate reservations. Hopefully someone can chime in.

On a seperate note, have you looked into the 1BR Tower Club Suites? If you’re committed to getting two rooms, you may want to eyeball the price to see how it compares - the 1BR would give you a lot of room (and I mean A LOT!) and two bathrooms.

Thank you very much for the information!

I would think Disney should be O'K with me being on two reservations as they charge for extra two people in the club room anyways. So having four people instead of two in the club room would bring Disney extra money for extra two people.

But I already made a decision: I am not going to do extra room in Contemporary. Knowing my family - two rooms on separate floors would be a real hassle.

I already booked two rooms in Animal Kingdom Lodge (hopefully connecting or adjacent).

So if we will be three ladies - we will stay in Contemporary, and I will cancel Animal Kingdom Lodge. If my husband would be able to join us - then I will cancel the Contemporary and we will stay in AK Lodge.

We stayed in AK Lodge once before - and we just loved everything there. Except for that it is far away from almost everything. But now they have Minnie Van service - we will just use that if we need to get somewhere quickly.

Thank you very much again for the input!

Last edited:

I was actually looking at Bay Tower, but there is no Annual Pass discount on that resort. And I just got annual pass. So we will stay in Bay Tower sometime else when we will rent points or will not have an Annual Pass in the family :) The rooms look wonderful there.

Also one-bedroom would not quite work for us, as I would not put either my husband or my 74 yo mom on the sofa, they both have back problems. And as there is only one king bed - I can't put them both on the bed :)))

Last edited:
I was actually looking at Bay Tower, but there is no Annual Pass discount on that resort. And I just got annual pass. So we will stay in Bay Tower sometime else when we will rent points or will not have an Annual Pass in the family :)

Also one-bedroom would not quite work for us, as I would not put neither my husband nor my 74 yo mom on the sofa, they both have back problems. And as there is only one king bed - I can't put them both on the bed :)))

OK, cool. Just for clarity, when I said 1BR Tower Club Suite I wasn’t referring to Bay Lake Tower, I meant the suites that are available at Contemporary Resort. At CR, there are a handful of suites on the 14th floor - the “Bay Lake View- 1BR - Club Level” you see at this link is what I’m talking about: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/rates-rooms/

Those rooms have two queens and a pull sofa (that’s roughly a queen or larger).

At CR, there are two Club Levels - the 12th floor (Atrium Club) has standard rooms; the 14th floor (Tower Club) has mostly suites and a few standard rooms.

Have fun, whatever you end up doing!

OK, cool. Just for clarity, when I said 1BR Tower Club Suite I wasn’t referring to Bay Lake Tower, I meant the suites that are available at Contemporary Resort. At CR, there are a handful of suites on the 14th floor - the “Bay Lake View- 1BR - Club Level” you see at this link is what I’m talking about: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/contemporary-resort/rates-rooms/

Those rooms have two queens and a pull sofa (that’s roughly a queen or larger).

At CR, there are two Club Levels - the 12th floor (Atrium Club) has standard rooms; the 14th floor (Tower Club) has mostly suites and a few standard rooms.

Have fun, whatever you end up doing!

Thank you, thank you! We sure will!

The suites are not available on our dates. Otherwise I might have considered them: they DO have two beds - right!

I was not looking at the Garden Suites as they don't have a view :) For me the main point of staying in Contemporary is the view :)

Thanks again!

Cinderella Castle

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/11/photo...contemporary-resort-gingerbread-display-2017/

Returned home yesterday.

Brief summary.

Arrived last Sunday at Orlando airport and when we approached the line for the Magical Express it was very long, but made it thru checkin in about 10 min.
5 min. wait till we boarded the bus, and off we went.

We did on line check in and as we were approaching the resort our phone texts told us our room was ready

We walked in the lobby and took the elevator to the 6th. floor and were in room 4205.
Neat how the first two numbers add up to your floor.
Opened the door loved the room. Yup the bathroom sinks are goofy.

Dropped off our bags and grabbed our coats (47 degrees and windy) off to Animal Kingdom.
Went to bus transportation and as we walked up Animal kingdom bus was there, got right on.
With construction on the roads took us 35 min to get to the Kingdom.

Got a quick lunch, rode Dinosaur, 5 min wait.
Walked the tour with all the birds from bats on to other birds I cannot remember

Our fast pass was for 4:30 for Flight of Passage
We walked over at 4:15 and I was eager to try out the test banshi (sp) since I recently lost 30 pounds to make sure I fit in.
Nervously I approached sat down and the bar went all the way to the closest lock in position and the attendant goes your ok, your little......MADE MY DAY

So now we waited in line about 25 min, yup the fast pass line, when the standby line said 210 min

All I can say is IT IS SO WORTH THE WAIT.
AWESOME
AWESOME
AWESOME

Then we went to Rain forest for dinner and we had reservations and waited about 20 min.

At dinner we do not do desserts and they eagerly substituted our dessert for a Ceasar salad.
We had steaks beans and potatoes and was too much food we could not finish

As we waddled back to the bus we waited 25 min for a bus to Contemporay.

Monday we went to Hollywood studios and did Aerosmith, a couple shows, walked on star wars ride both times, and saw two different versions of the simulator.
Ate at Prime time, chicken was good, But the waiter Ryan when asked about substituting the dessert for a salad, said Disney does not do that. We asked if he could ask his manager and he said ok. Well he did not walk away far enough or give it enough time, because we could see his reflection against a wall just killing time and then he came back and said sorry. Bad cast member.

Then we went to Magic Kingdom, it was not a Halloween ticket night and walked on Mine ride and waited for Thunder mountain and space mountain.

Tuesday it warmed up it was our pool day and Halloween nights. Ate at Tonys They substituted salad for dessert.
Yup it was great.

Wednesday was EPCOT
Test Trak, Soarin, and walked the countries did THE Land and underwater fake ride, cannot remember think it was memo

Took Monorail back to Polynesean and ate at Ohanna, loved it.

Thursday was Magic Kingdom, and had a great day, and ate at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness lodge, took the Boat over and no we did not ask for ketchup and yes they substituted salad for desert

Friday was awesome.
Did the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM tour.
OMG
OMG
OMG
Was unbelievable.
Our guide KELVIN, was awesome,
I learned so much and he made the experience awesome!!!!
I thought I knew everything about Disney Magic Kingdom, but boy was I wrong.
The behind the scene tour from floats to Jungle cruise and Haunted Mansion, boy many kept secrets the visitor does not realize.
Then going down into the underground tunnels and passage ways of Magic Kingdom, it is its own city.
There was so much more to Magic kingdom I never realized.

We ate at Chrystal Palace, and love that place!!!!!

That evening the park seemed to empty out after fireworks, we walked on and of and on and off 4 times on Thunder mountain.

To sum up

We usually stay at Grand Floridian ( last 5 years) but this year wanted something different.

The Contemporary offered.
Must have been a couple cancellations, no one in rooms around us.
Friendlier employees
Easy access to all indoor locations
Two clean pools, two Jacuzzis
Abundant room soaps, shampoos, towels,

did not like
goofy sinks
And
When we checked out a cockroach was outside the door of 4206 (eweeeeeeeeeee)

Grand Floridian
Offered twice a day made service.
Nice pools, and jacuzzi
Some of workers were to busy to help with simple questions.
Room never got turned over to 3-4 in afternoon, and then evening maid service was at 6????
Had to go building to building if you were not in main building and when it rained you got wet.

So next year where to stay?

Of course the Contemporary, those workers are awesome and love the resort.
(minus the cockroach)

Have a great day, we had a great vacation!!!!!!

Sue
Great trip report! I have an odd question about the Keys to the Kingdom tour, how fast is the walking pace during the tour? My wife and I are signed up for that tour next month and my wife has arthritis in her knee. I am not worried about her making the distance, but she can't always walk as fast as most folks. Thanks!

We had Kelvin as our tour guide and he used to play football, and since those days he kinda is a little out of shape.

We waked leisurely to spot to spot and many of the talking parts there were chairs and tables to rest.

We had three bathroom breaks and they included lunch which you got to pick from a list of options, so if you are on Disney plan you will save a counter service.

We went behind the scenes and ended up in the tunnels beneath Magic Kingdom AWESOME,

There were two staircases we had to descend and then ascend at the end of the tour.

They provide power pack head phones so you can hear everything.

Well worth the cost and there were some elderly folks that participated in our group and he walked steadily and slowly and no one had a problem.

The furtherest distance we walked without a stop was from in front of Cinderellas castle to the jungle ride and that took about 5 min.

Remember he was the leader and we were his chick-aDees, he was dodging guest along the way and we followed.

Enjoy, we did.

Safe travels.

Just booked our BLT stay for 14-21 Oct 18! We love having the ability to book 11 months out at our home resort which also works great since DH already has a vacation schedule for next year

We're coming back in April! From 4/7 - 4/15 we will call CR TPV "home".

Congratulations and welcome back, @Jan1114. I'll log your dates:)

Just booked our BLT stay for 14-21 Oct 18! We love having the ability to book 11 months out at our home resort which also works great since DH already has a vacation schedule for next year

YIPPEE for BLT! I'll add your dates, @Gryhndmom!

I am wondering if someone here knows... I usually book DVC, so call member services to make room requests. I booked the Contemporary for a short trip in December -- what number do I call to make a room request (knowing that there are no guarantees)? Is it a main booking number or the hotel itself?

I am wondering if someone here knows... I usually book DVC, so call member services to make room requests. I booked the Contemporary for a short trip in December -- what number do I call to make a room request (knowing that there are no guarantees)? Is it a main booking number or the hotel itself?

Hi there. Main booking number will be fine: (407) 939-5277

Anything that says it’s the “hotel number” is really just routed to a call center anyway.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!