Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the most recent photos of the refurbed rooms. They seem like they're unfinished - they don't have the artwork that the early photos of the renovations showed, both in concept art/model rooms and in the early reviews on EasyWDW and other sites. Do you think this is an oversight, that the pictured room wasn't quite completely finished, or did they really decide to take out even that little touch of color and theme in favor of blank white walls?
There was some artwork above the beds but they have definitely cut back it seems.

Last 2 times we've stayed there we were in building 9b. We used to sit out in the hammocks at night. Is that the only building that has sand and hammocks? How is building 7b? We'll have a 5 mo with us and stroller. Thanks

Last 2 times we've stayed there we were in building 9b. We used to sit out in the hammocks at night. Is that the only building that has sand and hammocks? How is building 7b? We'll have a 5 mo with us and stroller. Thanks

The sand and hammocks go right around the Cabanas area.

Considering CSR for part of a split stay in June 2018. What is the likely status of the refurb by then? Would all of Casitas be complete? What about Pepper Market and the Dig Site pool?

I don't care about getting a new room or not, my main concern would be if the amenities are affected.

For CSR regulars: If you have stayed in a refurbished room, can you tell me if they have eliminated the small table and chairs? If so, is there any provision for occasional in-room chow? The desk area would work for one I guess.

@Artemus - CSR hasn't had a table and chairs in a long time. Both the new and old rooms have desks. In the new rooms, the desk is built into the dresser/counter.

Does anyone know if Casitas Building 1 has finished renovations. I just heard they are starting on building three.

Should I do online check in if we want a refurbished room? We will be there this Wednesday.

I think I've read that some of the renovated rooms have a tub/shower (with glass doors), but for some, it's just a walk-in shower. Does anyone know if the walk-in shower only ones have a ledge of any kind? Not necessarily a bench to sit, but just something to prop your foot on to shave your legs?

I'm going to be the odd one out. I hate the look of the new rooms. I really liked the old rooms. The pics I've seen online make me feel like I'd be sleeping inside a Chipotle. Not appealing at all.

I'm trying to decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside first of January.

Anyone know what my chances of getting an old room are, and will it be really worn out if I do get one? I know I don't want a new room, but I also don't want an old room if it is in bad shape and in need of a refurbishment.

Suggestions on which old rooms to ask for, welcome.

Thanks
I agree with you! Not liking the pictures. To me it looks like my dentist's office! too sterile! Not very inviting .... and what happen to the actual THEME?

I agree with you! Not liking the pictures. To me it looks like my dentist's office! too sterile! Not very inviting .... and what happen to the actual THEME?

Me too. I sort of liked the room Josh reviewed at EasyWDW, even though the lack of theme was mentioned in the review, but it seems like even the Three Caballeros posters that provided a bit of color and theme are missing in the photos that have been posted on this thread, leaving big stretches of blank wall. Not that it will change my resort choice - I was beyond thrilled to get CSR with the winter discount after initially not finding anything reasonable at any of the mods! But it is a bit disappointing to see the generic-room trend going quite that far.

I think I've read that some of the renovated rooms have a tub/shower (with glass doors), but for some, it's just a walk-in shower. Does anyone know if the walk-in shower only ones have a ledge of any kind? Not necessarily a bench to sit, but just something to prop your foot on to shave your legs?

I've been wondering this myself. Anybody know?

I have been trying to figure this out also. Looking at the pic of the shower from easywdw's review and this one I just found, I "think" there is a little shelf in one corner. http://www.carfulofkids.com/2017/05/make-disney-dollars-coronado-springs-resort/

Does anyone know if there is any way to know if you will get a tub/shower combo or just a shower? I thought that king rooms had showers and queens had tubs, but according to the review this shower only was in a queen room.
Coronado-Springs-bathroom.jpg

I was reading reviews the recent 1 stars over on another site and it sounds like an abject disaster. One person said feces was piled up outside, another stepped on a rusty pin, the buses apparently never show up to MK, rude staff, and on and on.

We are showing up in a couple of days, could this be the biggest mistake of our travels?

Yeah, usually throw out the 1 stars, the 5 stars, and average the rest.

But we'll be there in two days! Last minute reading everything I can to make sure I didn't overlook some crucial flaw or negative something.

Is there a Disney special hotline or something to call if I do end up in a poo smeared, rusty pin covered, moldy cockroach infested bathroom hell hole? Those reviews also say front desk did nothing to help them and they had no escape. In the event that does occur how can we be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter