Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in today and got our requested rooms - ranchos 7a top floor. Very quiet, which is why we wanted it. The rooms are renovated so lovely and fresh and clean. The TV is huge! Very happy on day one, roll one day two :)

How's the walk to the busses and the food court? I'd do this room for my next trip if it didn't seem so far from everything.

We have a car and won't be eating daily at el Centro so it didn't factor into our room preferences. We just wanted a quiet area with a renovated room. I haven't walked over though as it's freezing cold! I did walk to the dig site for a drink refill and it was close by and a very pleasant walk around the water. This is our first time at a moderate and really like CSR (did 1 night at AoA but prefer to forget that).

How's the walk to the busses and the food court? I'd do this room for my next trip if it didn't seem so far from everything.

I'm in 7A right now. The walk to Bus Stop 3 couldn't be easier - it is super convenient. However, the walk to El Centro (where the food court is) is a bit long. My DH and I think maybe 10 minutes. That probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're walking about 10 miles every day in the parks, another 10 minutes of walking seems like torture - at least to us!

I'm in 7A right now. The walk to Bus Stop 3 couldn't be easier - it is super convenient. However, the walk to El Centro (where the food court is) is a bit long. My DH and I think maybe 10 minutes. That probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're walking about 10 miles every day in the parks, another 10 minutes of walking seems like torture - at least to us!
You can take the bus from bus stop 3 to El Centro - any theme park bus goes last to El Centro. Then take a Disney Springs bus back to bus stop 3.

Read through a bit, but haven't really found the information I am looking for. Looking at staying CSR late October 2018, besides the tower what constriction is expected to be still going on? will the all the room refurbishments be done?

Read through a bit, but haven't really found the information I am looking for. Looking at staying CSR late October 2018, besides the tower what constriction is expected to be still going on? will the all the room refurbishments be done?

At the rate they are going now , I doubt they will be done refurbing the existing rooms by October 2018 .
We visited in late March 2017, and they were working on Ranchos 7A then. They only have 3 buildings out of 12 done so far , and 1 is in the works now (Casitas 3) . So when they get done with Casitas 3 , there will still be 8 more buildings to go .
Seems like a very slow refurb process to me on the CSR project !
We will be at CSR in January and can't wait to see the progress . Requested a room in Rancho's 7A , to be as far away from the construction noise as possible !

Here is the current schedule and progress of the refurb project (Thanks to Mario on the CSR Facebook group)

Refurbishment/Complete
  • Casita 1 - COMPLETE
  • Casita 2 - TBD (Next)
  • Casita 3 - under rehab (some rooms open)
  • Casita 4 - TBD
  • Casita 5 - TBD
  • Rancho 6a - TBD
  • Rancho 6b - TBD
  • Rancho 7a - COMPLETE
  • Rancho 7b - TBD
  • Cabana 8a - COMPLETE
  • Cabana 8b - TBD
  • Cabana 9a - TBD
  • Cabana 9b - DEMOLISHED - Tower being build (completed 2019)

Last edited:
Here now. We got in very late (2 am) and we're put in ranchos 7b. Since it was so late I got the bags in the room and we went to bed. When we got up we noticed the room just wasn't clean. Hair and a slime in the bathtub. Stuff on the carpet. Cleanable stains on the desk. Grease/smudges on doors and windows. We requested to have a manager come to the room to which she states "this is not acceptable" and decided to switch our rooms.

We were moved to casitas 1in a refurbed room. What a difference. Definitely cleaner but even things like having brochures and there were the pardon our dust complimentary pins. Neither were available with the first room. They've done a nice job with shelving and storage in the refurbs. One thing we liked is the platform beds do that we could put our luggage and stroller underneath to get them out of the way. We ate at the foot court last night and it was a quick walk through the convention center. Not hearing any construction noise. We're here for another week and it looks like we should enjoy our stay!

Here now. We got in very late (2 am) and we're put in ranchos 7b. Since it was so late I got the bags in the room and we went to bed. When we got up we noticed the room just wasn't clean. Hair and a slime in the bathtub. Stuff on the carpet. Cleanable stains on the desk. Grease/smudges on doors and windows. We requested to have a manager come to the room to which she states "this is not acceptable" and decided to switch our rooms.

We were moved to casitas 1in a refurbed room. What a difference. Definitely cleaner but even things like having brochures and there were the pardon our dust complimentary pins. Neither were available with the first room. They've done a nice job with shelving and storage in the refurbs. One thing we liked is the platform beds do that we could put our luggage and stroller underneath to get them out of the way. We ate at the foot court last night and it was a quick walk through the convention center. Not hearing any construction noise. We're here for another week and it looks like we should enjoy our stay!

Oh man I've never eaten at the foot court before, anything good? Does everything smell or is it fresh? ;)

Oh man I've never eaten at the foot court before, anything good? Does everything smell or is it fresh? ;)

It's a food court. Sounds like they have more options at lunch than dinner. The staff does a good job of accommodating any requests, are friendly and are patient. We've eaten there twice so far. No smell.

It's a food court. Sounds like they have more options at lunch than dinner. The staff does a good job of accommodating any requests, are friendly and are patient. We've eaten there twice so far. No smell.

You missed the joke. The first post said foot court not good court.

If you book a standard room can you still make a room request for things such as building and renovated room?

Yes absolutely. There are standard rooms in Cabanas 8A and Ranchos 7A that are renovated so those would be the best buildings to request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!