Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back Wednesday night from another stay in the tower, club level. I love this place even more than I hate the horrific bus service that we always see.

I tweaked our December trip at GDT club level earlier today to accommodate our days at Boardwalk where our friends are staying too. I am with you on the bus service. We did a lot of Uber’s during our January trip. much better than the hit or miss with the bus. Bus arrival times weren’t working correctly either on MDE or the signs by the bus stop.

Agree - Same with us. Were there in August and thought maybe it was a one-time thing...nope, it seemed like it was even worse. Definitely leave room in the budget for a couple of Lyfts a day. The $20 is well worth it.

Agree - Same with us. Were there in August and thought maybe it was a one-time thing...nope, it seemed like it was even worse. Definitely leave room in the budget for a couple of Lyfts a day. The $20 is well worth it.
Is it $20 round trip, or one way on average?

We do some Ride Share leaving the resorts but usually use the buses going back. Waiting to get back seems to always be easier/take less patience. And you don't risk a full bus, except at closing. And at closing, Ride Share can be a nightmare too.
But this at all resorts, not just GDT. That's mostly because we never leave the resort in time to be where we need to be when we need to be there (and it's my DH who is always running late, not me, LOL) He has an idea that you are on time when you leave somewhere at about the same time you are due to be somewhere. :crazy2:

Can you get a Lyft or Uber from another area than the tower? Just wondering if lugging myself to the tower to get one is worth it in the summer heat or just stay waiting at the bus stop lol

So I understand that Coronado Springs rooms now have Kuerigs.

Do Disney provide any K-pods and replenish or is that something should bring?

So I understand that Coronado Springs rooms now have Kuerigs.

Do Disney provide any K-pods and replenish or is that something should bring?
They supply 2 French Roast, and 2 Decaf, I believe. Something tells me there's one other flavor of regular, but I might not be right about that. There are teas provided too.

So odd reading the bad reviews about the bus system. We would catch the bus to the parks around 8:30 everyday (except on our HS day), and arrived either right before opening, or a few minutes after 9. They didn't take long at all. We caught the bus at stop1. The only time the bus was somewhat full was on our Epcot day, but we didn't mind standing.

Going back it seemed to always take a long time for one to come, but we were probably tired and ready to go lol.

Just got back Wednesday night from another stay in the tower, club level. I love this place even more than I hate the horrific bus service that we always see.
We’ll be staying GDT club level next month. What did you think of the club offerings? Any tips? We won’t be doing any parks this trip, so the bus service won’t be an issue, thankfully.

Those of you who have stayed at Gran Destino Tower, have you seen many families with younger kids staying there? We plan to go to Disney most likely in June 2021and DS will be 7 at the time. We went a couple of years ago and stayed at POFQ and loved it. We are debating if we are going to stay there again or try a new resort. This is one of the places we were possibly considering.

We stayed at GDT Jan 19- Jan 25th and while the resort itself is great, kid friendly depends on which convention is currently in town. We had issues with groups of rowdy intoxicated men during the first part of our stay.

Is there a calendar anywhere that shows movies under the stars dates and times? We happened to catch part of one last time we were at WDW and it was nice relaxing way to end the day and I’d like to see if we’ll have the chance to do it again one night this trip.

They supply 2 French Roast, and 2 Decaf, I believe. Something tells me there's one other flavor of regular, but I might not be right about that. There are teas provided too.

Thanks, do they replenish each day or just provide at start?

Thanks, do they replenish each day or just provide at start?
Coffee is replenished every day when the room is serviced
However you can ask for however many you want. There’s no limit
If you skip housekeeping you’ll have to ask
Sometimes the housekeepers forget to leave some and again just ask for more
Want only decaf, leave a note to let them know
Want only tea, leave a note to let them know
Want only regular, leave a note to let them know
Want more that 2,leave a note to let them know
Bottom line, just let them know what you want, need

Is there a notepad and pen in CSR rooms? We had none in our room at FQ in December. I wanted to leave housekeeping notes but couldn’t. Thinking of bringing post it’s and a pen next trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!