Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get a Lyft or Uber from another area than the tower? Just wondering if lugging myself to the tower to get one is worth it in the summer heat or just stay waiting at the bus stop lol
I’m interested in the answer to this also...

I’m interested in the answer to this also...
Results are unclear.
The other areas are behind a gate that is only opened with a band or card. I guess some drivers are able to get by (I know I've had drivers who are Disney employees, maybe they have a pass?) and others can't. When you select a ride with CSR as your pick up point there is a list of places where they can pick you up.

Is there any place at this resort to purchase a case of water? It's the only food item we'll need in our room.

Just got home from a 5 night stay! We loved it! We were in the Gran Destino tower with a water view! So beautiful! We could see fireworks from the window at night.

I just booked a split stay with BWV and a tower water viewroom. I have stayed in the Castia's section several times, but never in the Tower. Super excited!

Just making sure that we check in at the lobby in the Tower, correct?

Any room requests for us? I was thinking higher floor close to elevator?

Is the bus stop still outside of the old lobby or is it by the Tower?

I just booked a split stay with BWV and a tower water viewroom. I have stayed in the Castia's section several times, but never in the Tower. Super excited!

Check in for all is in the Tower
There is a bus stop at the Tower. There is still one outside the old lobby too. There are 4 total, best I can recall

So what bus stop is recommended if staying at the tower? I don't mind walking a little to get a seat.

Club level vs regular room. Are the toiletries any different? Are they still giving them out? I heard club level get more than regular rooms.

I had a brief 2-night stay at Grand Destino Tower in January. I don't have a lot to report that hasn't been said a hundred times already, but I'll add this:
  • Booked a club standard, and requested even number high floor, for a lake view. Request granted: 9516. The room has a beautiful lake view and a king-bed instead of queens (bonus!).

• I've been wanting to check out Coronado Springs for years, and I'm so glad I finally did. I loved pretty much everything about the resort, though didn't visit parks during this stay, and can't comment about the bus situation. I especially loved the club lounge and Toledo.

• We will definitely come back for Toledo, at least (ate there both nights). I'd very happily stay there again, though my husband considers the lack of balconies a big down side. He really enjoys a balcony in the morning and evening, though he's okay without one for a short visit. We're DVC members, so don't stay in standard hotel rooms much, but I can see doing so again for a solo trip if/when I'm low on points, or perhaps if we want a club stay for the fast pass option.

Yep! Check in is at the tower. When we requested our room, we just said upper floor. We were on the 11th floor so we could see all of the water, plus fireworks at night :) We weren't near the elevator, but also not far. I am kind of glad because in past experiences at other hotels, rooms by the elevators can be noisy.

The Bus Stop at the tower is Bus Stop #1.

If you do Uber, the app will ask if you are at the Gran Destino tower. I'm not sure if all guests doing rideshare have to pick up here. So just a thought if you are in another part of the resort and want to use rideshare.

Can you get a Lyft or Uber from another area than the tower? Just wondering if lugging myself to the tower to get one is worth it in the summer heat or just stay waiting at the bus stop lol
Also interested in the answer to this. thanks

Also interested in the answer to this. thanks
Because of the security check points. You generally can't. However, I've seen reports that people were able to get one somehow. I wouldn't chance it though, we use UBER/Lyft heavily, so we requested to be in Cabanas so that we were a short walk to the tower pick up area.

Because of the security check points. You generally can't. However, I've seen reports that people were able to get one somehow. I wouldn't chance it though, we use UBER/Lyft heavily, so we requested to be in Cabanas so that we were a short walk to the tower pick up area.
What security check points?

We got Uber and Lyft on multiple occasions this past October. We had a room in Ranchos, but were equidistant between Ranchos and Cabanas, so we always went to get picked up at Cabanas bus stop, since there is only one stop after it. We quickly learned after our first night and first morning that we had to Uber or Lyft if a bus wasn’t showing. No problem at all getting picked up at Cabanas.

Edit to add a pic of one of the trips. If you are familiar with the layout of CSR, you’ll recognize that the pick up point is at the Cabanas bus stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!