Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What security check points?

We got Uber and Lyft on multiple occasions this past October. We had a room in Ranchos, but were equidistant between Ranchos and Cabanas, so we always went to get picked up at Cabanas bus stop, since there is only one stop after it. We quickly learned after our first night and first morning that we had to Uber or Lyft if a bus wasn’t showing. No problem at all getting picked up at Cabanas.

Edit to add a pic of one of the trips. If you are familiar with the layout of CSR, you’ll recognize that the pick up point is at the Cabanas bus stop.

View attachment 472976
They aren't security check points but there are internal gates, where you have an arm and have to use a MB, like the side gate at the main guard shack. SOME drivers evidently can get past those gates. Others however, can't. This is why there are so many inconsistencies with reports of pick up at CSR.

I tried to see if I got any photos that included the gate while we were at the Tower last month but I did not. I watched the traffic go through it (specifically looking to see if they were still there from before the tower was built) but no photos.

Last edited:
What security check points?

We got Uber and Lyft on multiple occasions this past October. We had a room in Ranchos, but were equidistant between Ranchos and Cabanas, so we always went to get picked up at Cabanas bus stop, since there is only one stop after it. We quickly learned after our first night and first morning that we had to Uber or Lyft if a bus wasn’t showing. No problem at all getting picked up at Cabanas.

Edit to add a pic of one of the trips. If you are familiar with the layout of CSR, you’ll recognize that the pick up point is at the Cabanas bus stop.

View attachment 472976
Maybe security check point was the wrong wording. But CSR has gates that require you scan a magic band to access the rest of the resort.
Some drivers get through but others can't. I've seen reports of people who tried to get picked up at other areas only to be asked to walk to the tower

Maybe security check point was the wrong wording. But CSR has gates that require you scan a magic band to access the rest of the resort.
Some drivers get through but others can't. I've seen reports of people who tried to get picked up at other areas only to be asked to walk to the tower

On our most recent trip a few weeks ago people could get through during the day but not at night.

DB and I have booked a standard king room at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon next year, just wondering what the pros and cons are of staying in the tower? We would like a nice view, but don't mind walking to restaurants/bus stops etc. We can't decide where we would ideally like to stay within the resort so any tips would be great! (apologies if this has already been asked).

Just got back from our 5 day stay, club level, tower, standard view, AMAZING!!! The staff, Annette and Daniel were unreal, the level of service at Chronos is second to none. Always asking what we needed, foods we like, drinks we would like if they were not out, just nice touches every day we stopped into the club. We were given a total of 9 extra fast passes for 3 of the days at the parks. The food, the smells, the resort, everything was such a great experience. There was even an adjustment for our table service credits, and we were given 4 more.

How is Rix B&G's breakfast? We've never been, but I just looked at the menu and it looks pretty good.

I just booked Coronado for 5 nights. Booked a King Tower Water view room. This is a grown ups only trip! Our second. What are must do's for us at Coronado? I will be celebrating a birthday and looking forward to a little bit of pool time.

Just got back from our 5 day stay, club level, tower, standard view, AMAZING!!! The staff, Annette and Daniel were unreal, the level of service at Chronos is second to none. Always asking what we needed, foods we like, drinks we would like if they were not out, just nice touches every day we stopped into the club. We were given a total of 9 extra fast passes for 3 of the days at the parks. The food, the smells, the resort, everything was such a great experience. There was even an adjustment for our table service credits, and we were given 4 more.
That’s great to hear! Any pics of the food? I think we’re going to try to make “dinner” out of the lounge offerings on our arrival day.

I always took the stop closest to the main lobby and I never had a problem with busses arriving full even though it is the last stop...think it’s stop number 4? Someone help me please ;)

Anyone have any current information as to what mattress is being used now (in Cabanas section if that mattress). We just returned and really liked the mattress and we are in need of a new one at home, if I'd thought while there I would have looked. I'm getting a lot of conflicting information from various blogs, sites, and forums and even from Disney and the mattress companies themselves. Though I had it narrowed down to it being a Sealy Sayer plush pillowtop but I contacted Sealy and they said nope its not theirs.

I booked GDT for 11/29-12/5. Am excited to try a new resort. Looking forward to trying the restaurants and lounges too. Plan to ask for a high floor.

Finally booked the rest of my March trip staying in GDT for my daughter's birthday/graduation trip. Got a Water view room but had to fight booking a CL standard view for less than 100 more pn lol we will be in the parks most of the time we are there so it didn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully my daughter and her Bestie like what the Tower has to offer on their 1st "Grown up" Trip.

Anyone have any current information as to what mattress is being used now (in Cabanas section if that mattress). We just returned and really liked the mattress and we are in need of a new one at home, if I'd thought while there I would have looked. I'm getting a lot of conflicting information from various blogs, sites, and forums and even from Disney and the mattress companies themselves. Though I had it narrowed down to it being a Sealy Sayer plush pillowtop but I contacted Sealy and they said nope its not theirs.
https://beautyrestguestpurchase.com/hotel-mattresses?category=661
https://www.castmemberlinen.com/

Finally booked the rest of my March trip staying in GDT for my daughter's birthday/graduation trip. Got a Water view room but had to fight booking a CL standard view for less than 100 more pn lol we will be in the parks most of the time we are there so it didn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully my daughter and her Bestie like what the Tower has to offer on their 1st "Grown up" Trip.
I know this isn't helping but even if you just do breakfast each morning you've paid for that

I know this isn't helping but even if you just do breakfast each morning you've paid for that
Yeah I definitely thought about that but I have a Ohana Breakfast I'm keeping because my Daughter's Bestie loves Stitch and and a BOG breakfast my daughter is adamant we do and California grill brunch on our last day lol so we wouldn't even be able to have breakfast and the rest of our time is fastpasses and park fireworks so I definitely cant make it back for evening apps or dessert or I would definitely do it.

I went back and forth for a week it was between the GDT CL and a Garden view room at POFQ with no discounts then I was able to find a GOM discounted Tower Waterview Room for the same Price as POFQ. So I think the money I'm saving will go toward the meals the girls wanted. I missed typed though I'm saving $152 pn with the discount lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter