Disney's Eastern Fantasy Cruise departing July 28, 2018

joycsk

Red's my girl
Hello everyone! At first, I started a thread for the July 14th cruise, but had to jump ship to accommodate DD's schedule. This will be our 6th cruise (YAY Gold!) Looking forward to meeting all of you on our way to St. Thomas and Tortola!

Hi all, this will be our second DCL cruise, our first having been the Western Caribbean cruise in 2016. I don't know who's looking forward to it the most, the kids or the parents! :D

Super excited!!!! This is our 2nd cruise with our 1st being in 2016 Western Carribean too!!!! Is this where a fish extender group would be formed?

Last edited:
It was when I did my first cruise last year. It was organised through here then moved into a Facebook group.

Last edited:
Just 153 days to go! Has anyone on here done this cruise before? We’d love to hear about your port adventure experiences.

This is going to my family's Disney Cruise. We are so excited. I've been reading a lot about the Fish Exchange. Is anyone doing that for this cruise? We are interested in joining a group.

This is going to my family's Disney Cruise. We are so excited. I've been reading a lot about the Fish Exchange. Is anyone doing that for this cruise? We are interested in joining a group.

We're undecided (ie I've yet to convince my wife). It was great fun last time getting 'surprise gifts' when we returned to our room, and fun for the kids to deliver gifts, but we didn't have space in a suitcases to bring it all home so had to leave much of it on the ship.

This is our very fist Disney Cruise, we LOVE DISNEY of course and WE LOVE CRUISING, so this is perfect, itll be my husband and I and our 10 year old little boy!!! We want to join the fish extender, we think itll be pretty neat to get all of the Disney Magic onboard too, but dont know when , where or how to sign up!!! Can someone please help me and maybe provide me with a link that takes me right there, Id surely appreciate it!!! Have a Magical day/night!!! I cant wait to meet all of you, and we are super excited, thank you very much in advance!!!

This is our very fist Disney Cruise, we LOVE DISNEY of course and WE LOVE CRUISING, so this is perfect, itll be my husband and I and our 10 year old little boy!!! We want to join the fish extender, we think itll be pretty neat to get all of the Disney Magic onboard too, but dont know when , where or how to sign up!!! Can someone please help me and maybe provide me with a link that takes me right there, Id surely appreciate it!!! Have a Magical day/night!!! I cant wait to meet all of you, and we are super excited, thank you very much in advance!!!

Welcome Dawn. You'll love the cruise I'm sure. We loved our first one, hence coming back for another one.

In answer to your question, fish extenders is voluntary and requires as passenger on the cruise to volunteer to co-ordinate it. On my last cruise it was arranged by a lovely family who had done quite a few cruises, do had plenty of experience to draw from. From a first-timers perspective they did a fantastic job.

I'm sure there is info on this forum on what's involved but from what I saw they set up an FB group and directed people to it from here. They created a spreadsheet of participating passengers that included room number, names, ages, allergies, special occasions and favourite Disney characters and circulated it to the group.

Participants kept in touch and asked questions via the FB group.

From memory, nothing really started happening until around 3 months before the cruise, but there's no reason to wait if someone is ready to take it on.

I don't know if we're doing it yet (still have to convince my lovely wife).

Hi everyone! My family and I are super excited for this cruise!! This will be our 2nd DCL Cruise. We were on the 2016 Western Caribbean DCL last time and this time our girls will be 9 & 7, we are so excited to see them enjoy this cruise even more then last time Also super excited that my husband & I will be celebrating our 13th wedding Anniversary on the ship ❤️.

I’m debating if we should stay onboard during our stop in St. Thomas. Have any of you ever stayed onboard?
We will be getting off in Tortola for the JVD Beach Day but I don’t see anything that catches my eye in St.Thomas.
Thanks for your input.

We 'kind of' stayed on board one port day on our previous cruise; we got off for about an hour and looked around the port but spent most of the day on the ship. We had a pool and cinema day. The cinema sessions were pretty well empty (quite something as it was the week that Finding Dory was released), there were plenty of tables at Cabanas, the pool wasn't crowded and there were short or no waits for the waterslide/aquaduck. It was also a good day to do a midship detective agency mission.

Checked in and booked a few cruise activities and port adventures today. Very excited! :flower1:
Yay! I did that last night too. Super excited! Thanks for your reply on staying on board, we decided to do what you said. And looking forward to somewhat of a lonely/ quiet ship

Cool. We've just booked morning activities so we can relax in the afternoon. Our girls are 11 and 8 so aren't keen on doing all day excursions.

I rarely use FB so don't know how to find out, but I'd guess that there isn't one given that there are no links on here.

This is going to my families 8th Disney Cruise (my favorite being the Alaskan Cruise). We have 4 boys (22,22,14,11) the boys who are 22 will not be sailing with us this time :( one is in college and the other just got done serving 4 years in the Marine Corps. and now going to trade school. We will be celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary, my son's 8th grade graduation, and my youngest sons 12th birthday on this cruise.
I'm probably getting a late start on this, but I just ordered our Fish Extender, joined Disboards and want to participate in the fun. Not sure where I'm supposed to go from here. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter