(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in this afternoon & just wanted to let anyone who is interested in buying a case of water from Sandy Cove Gifts, they no longer sell a case of 24 regular size bottles.

They now only have an 8 pk. of Dasani 12 Oz bottles for $3.99.

Guess they weren't making enough money from the 24 pack :D

Also, half gallon of milk is $3.69, FYI ;)

Boooo. >:(

(Thanks for the update though)

Good evening Grand Floridian Friends!
Returned on Saturday from our amazing 5 night stay. We were in Conch Key- 3rd Floor (can't remember the room #!).
A few thoughts on our stay:
-we had a wonderful mousekeeper, Monika. She was so friendly and loaded us up with plenty of towels and shampoos, conditioners, etc. She even let us know before her day off and made sure we had enough "supplies"! While in Disney during the summer, I feel the need to shower 3x's day!!! She was always asking how our stay was and if we needed anything. And our room was spotless!!
-met the delightful elderly greeter. I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but for those who don't know (we didn't beforehand) he just turned 93! The nursing home that he lives in drops him off and picks him up everyday so he can greet the guests. He is particularly partial to the brides!!
-saw the "bed bug dogs". 2 beagles wearing "pest control" vests, with their handlers were walking through the lobby to the elevator. I was talking with one of the managers and she told me they are looking for bed bugs. Amazing!
-noticed the "turndown service" was inconsistent, but a nice touch. Some days we had towels replaced, somedays we received 2 chocolates and somedays we received 4. I don't like to share my chocolates so.... Sounds like a little thing, and it is, but it just didn't seem consistent if you know what I mean.

We had a wonderful time. This was our 1st time at GF, we usually stay at the Poly. I am partial to the Poly (memories...) but the Grand was outstanding!!

Good morning! Richard, the greeter, is 93!!!! Wow. Four years ago he was driving, by himself, to New Hampshire and back to visit family. Got to love him. He is an icon at the GF. I'm happy to hear about the bed bug dogs. It's good that the GF is being proactive. Cmadara - thank you for the trip review. I always like to know what's going on. Hope you enjoyed your stay at the GF.

Have a good day my GF friends!

Returned on Saturday from our amazing 5 night stay. We were in Conch Key- 3rd Floor (can't remember the room #!).
-we had a wonderful mousekeeper, Monika. She was so friendly and loaded us up with plenty of towels and shampoos, conditioners, etc. She even let us know before her day off and made sure we had enough "supplies"! While in Disney during the summer, I feel the need to shower 3x's day!!! She was always asking how our stay was and if we needed anything. And our room was spotless!!
-met the delightful elderly greeter. I'm sure it is on here somewhere, but for those who don't know (we didn't beforehand) he just turned 93! The nursing home that he lives in drops him off and picks him up everyday so he can greet the guests. He is particularly partial to the brides!!
-saw the "bed bug dogs". 2 beagles wearing "pest control" vests, with their handlers were walking through the lobby to the elevator. I was talking with one of the managers and she told me they are looking for bed bugs. Amazing!
-noticed the "turndown service" was inconsistent, but a nice touch. Some days we had towels replaced, somedays we received 2 chocolates and somedays we received 4. I don't like to share my chocolates so.... Sounds like a little thing, and it is, but it just didn't seem consistent if you know what I mean.

We had a wonderful time. This was our 1st time at GF, we usually stay at the Poly. I am partial to the Poly (memories...) but the Grand was outstanding!!

I love Richard, he's so cute! :goodvibes

Thanks for your review. The GF really is an amazing resort, it's hard not to love it. Glad you had a great time :wizard:.

Its our tradition every year to stop and chat and get a pic with him. I can't believe he's 93!! God Bless!!

I just booked a stay at the Grand Floridian for this Halloween!

This trip is only 2 months away and I'm feeling very overwhelmed! I usually do a lot of research before booking. This time around, I got a pin and a husband who gave me the green light and so I booked it!

Any tips, suggestions, facts would be great!
We're booked to stay in a garden view in an outer building.

This trip is only 2 months away and I'm feeling very overwhelmed! I usually do a lot of research before booking. This time around, I got a pin and a husband who gave me the green light and so I booked it!

Good Morning, I completely understand the research and planning around a WDW vacation. There are lots of people that will have so much info for you, but my first suggestion is make sure you enjoy the hotel. Save some time for the pools, the bar (miznors), the shops and the restaurants. You wont want to leave!!

As for room requests, we love Sago Key and Big Pine Key. Sago is close to Gasperilla's and if it rains you can get to the Main building without getting to wet if you go out the side doors closest to Gasperilla's. We like Big Pine Key because its close to the pools and also close to the Main building but you can get a room that faces the back of the pool house if your not high enough. I have had it before and its not horrible but not great.

There are lots of people that will have so much info for you, but my first suggestion is make sure you enjoy the hotel. Save some time for the pools, the bar (miznors), the shops and the restaurants. You wont want to leave!!

I agree :thumbsup2

We like Big Pine Key because its close to the pools and also close to the Main building but you can get a room that faces the back of the pool house if your not high enough. I have had it before and its not horrible but not great.

BPK is one of my favorite outer buildings for the reasons stated :).

I have a question. Just wondering if anyone has rented points from an owner and NOT got the room they paid for??We have 3 nights Lake View Studio Villa reservation and just wondering if we will for sure get this when we go?? There are only 17 Lake view rooms available all ending in 04, 10, or 14 so just wondering if they've ever gave standard view or offered a resort room instead? TIA!!

I have a question. Just wondering if anyone has rented points from an owner and NOT got the room they paid for??We have 3 nights Lake View Studio Villa reservation and just wondering if we will for sure get this when we go?? There are only 17 Lake view rooms available all ending in 04, 10, or 14 so just wondering if they've ever gave standard view or offered a resort room instead? TIA!!

You get what you are confirmed for on your reservation unless there is a major room maintenance issue that makes the room uninhabitable.

:earsboy: Bill

Chances are 99%+ that you will get Lake View.

I just booked too! Although we are not die hard planners and try to wing it most of the time but with FP+ that may not be feasible like our last trips. I am looking forward to the downtime at the resort though. This will be our first stay at the GF and I was only able to get outer building GV as well. I have always wanted to stay and it was the only resort with availability so I feel like its a win win for me :yay:

As far as room requests I was wondering what the general consensus was on this for GV. I personally like a higher view and a balcony.

Happy Planning pixiedust:

As far as room requests I was wondering what the general consensus was on this for GV. I personally like a higher view and a balcony.

I second this. I've never been to GF before and seriously can not wait. We have an outside garden view room. I'm not at all fussy so know we'll be happy but wonder if there's any request I should make? Was thinking of just asking for a decent view and a higher floor? Or a quietish room with a nice view? Any tips? As I say we'll be happy with whatever we get, still can't believe we will be staying there for the Christmas season!!!

Quick coffee question! How long of a walk is it from the grand villas area to the closest spot to fill up coffee in the refillable mugs? Is the only refillable spot with coffee at Gasparilla?

Quick coffee question! How long of a walk is it from the grand villas area to the closest spot to fill up coffee in the refillable mugs? Is the only refillable spot with coffee at Gasparilla?
No, you can also fill up at the beach pool eatery. Sorry, can't think of the name of it.

Edit to add: Funny enough it is called Beaches Pool Bar and Grill.

Last edited:
After all these years and I said we'd never stay here, because it's just not us. Well after this brief stay we can honestly say that WE GET IT NOW!!! We've had great stays at other resorts, with some amazing CM's but everything fails in comparison... From the grounds, to the CM's, to the views, to the atmosphere, to the Monorail, to last but not least(Richard)upload_2017-8-24_20-55-48.jpeg

A brief LiL Trip report as a prelude to set this up *If I might add.... ( But this didn't affect the way we felt about this place )

I follow it up in the next post.

We found out while driving up from FLL that we had gotten a phone call at home and My MiL told us that we needed to call DVC rep. right away...Well after a bunch of poor luck in the beginning of the trip, my DW calls the gentleman , only to find out that we've been selected to get upgraded to a 2 BR...Orig. was a dvc studio... We show up and find that we are not in the Villas, but rather at the ,main bldg...And to boot, it ends up being a suite, and also included Club level service....We were completely blown away by this news, but even more blown away by the room that was provided for us....More room than even we needed, and was waaay more than anything that we could afford. I told the kids to not get used to this, because this is a 1 time thing...Lo Crazy--->Lpixiedust: if you ask me

We are checking out tomorrow after an amazing 8-night stay at the GF villas.

We have some unopened provisions that we'd like to pass on to a family just starting their trip. Bottled water, juice, etc. for anyone who wants it. I can meet up tomorrow morning to hand it off. Just let me know.

I just booked too! Although we are not die hard planners and try to wing it most of the time but with FP+ that may not be feasible like our last trips. I am looking forward to the downtime at the resort though. This will be our first stay at the GF and I was only able to get outer building GV as well. I have always wanted to stay and it was the only resort with availability so I feel like its a win win for me :yay:

I second this. I've never been to GF before and seriously can not wait. We have an outside garden view room. I'm not at all fussy so know we'll be happy but wonder if there's any request I should make? Was thinking of just asking for a decent view and a higher floor? Or a quietish room with a nice view? Any tips? As I say we'll be happy with whatever we get, still can't believe we will be staying there for the Christmas season!!!

The GF is a great resort, you're both going to love it! For requests, I think anywhere at the GF is great, but my two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both over look the courtyard pool and are close to the main building and beach pool. With that said, Sago and Conch Key are nice choices if you want to be close to Gasparillas and the boat dock :).

After all these years and I said we'd never stay here, because it's just not us. Well after this brief stay we can honestly say that WE GET IT NOW!!!

Same here! I never thought we'd stay at the GF as we always found it "stuffy" whenever we visited. When I finally did stay there, I found out what a great resort it really is and loved everything about it. It's not my favorite overall, but it runs a very close second ;).

We found out while driving up from FLL that we had gotten a phone call at home and My MiL told us that we needed to call DVC rep. right away...Well after a bunch of poor luck in the beginning of the trip, my DW calls the gentleman , only to find out that we've been selected to get upgraded to a 2 BR...Orig. was a dvc studio... We show up and find that we are not in the Villas, but rather at the ,main bldg...And to boot, it ends up being a suite, and also included Club level service....We were completely blown away by this news, but even more blown away by the room that was provided for us....More room than even we needed, and was waaay more than anything that we could afford. I told the kids to not get used to this, because this is a 1 time thing...Lo Crazy--->Lpixiedust: if you ask me

Congrats on the great upgrade! Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the GF :wizard:.

We are checking out tomorrow after an amazing 8-night stay at the GF villas.

Glad you had an amazing trip :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter