(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! So I searched back to September on this forum about any info about the pool refurb scheduled in November. I am basically wondering now exactly what they are doing to it and the QS location and how long it is expected to be closed for? Our trip is in May. Anyone have any ideas?
As far as I know they have sent emails to the resort guests who will be affected by the pool closure, which includes us at the end of November. I have no idea what they have planned but I will be more than happy to ask them in November about it. :) I know that the resorts are adding fences to their pools, so maybe that is what they are doing. But the email did not explain why the pool was closed or an end date for the closure.

As far as I know they have sent emails to the resort guests who will be affected by the pool closure, which includes us at the end of November. I have no idea what they have planned but I will be more than happy to ask them in November about it. :) I know that the resorts are adding fences to their pools, so maybe that is what they are doing. But the email did not explain why the pool was closed or an end date for the closure.

Although just FYI, the GF feature pool already has a fence around it.

Thanks everyone for the room views! Looks like a room in Sago Cay would be best to try for one in center of the building to avoid those trees!So what does the other side of Sago look like?Any pics or room numbers! So nice to have everyone's opinions to help with possible requests!
I don't have a pix, but my room on the 'other' side of Sago overlooked a bit of lawn, a sliver of water from the lagoon/lake and the monorail track on the far side of the water. I really enjoyed sitting on my balcony w/ my coffee and watching the monorails glide by in the a.m.. I also really like how close Sago was to Gasparilla's and the main lobby. It was quite magic to be returning from a non MK park and just as I was walking by Gaspy's the Wishes fireworks w/ music started, it was so lovely to end the day that way. I'd stay in Sago again in a heartbeat, but now own DVC @ VGF, so am destined for stays in the DVC building instead.

I don't have a pix, but my room on the 'other' side of Sago overlooked a bit of lawn, a sliver of water from the lagoon/lake and the monorail track on the far side of the water. I really enjoyed sitting on my balcony w/ my coffee and watching the monorails glide by in the a.m.. I also really like how close Sago was to Gasparilla's and the main lobby. It was quite magic to be returning from a non MK park and just as I was walking by Gaspy's the Wishes fireworks w/ music started, it was so lovely to end the day that way. I'd stay in Sago again in a heartbeat, but now own DVC @ VGF, so am destined for stays in the DVC building instead.
Can you get to the park buses from Sago Cay without walking through the lobby?

We're there 11/12-18 and haven't gotten any pool closure emails or info.

I love these rooms! I think they're my favorite garden view rooms... so peaceful and pretty. I'm also now in the DVC building instead, but have good memories of Sago Cay.

Looks like I'm going back to the GF as that was the best deal on a monorail resort (one child gets horrible motion sickness and can't do "bus only" transportation). We'll be traveling spring break for a celebration of the youngest's graduation from college the following month.

Does anyone know the price of Grand Floridian valet parking?

I have breakfast reservations at 9:50am and want to just take the monorail to MK if possible just for convenience. I am an AP so it's not the cost of parking it's just inconvenience of going from place to place wth small kids. In the many times I have been there I have never heard of a time limit on parking but I have also never gone to MK after and don't want to chance my car not being there.

Thanks in advance for answering!!

Does anyone know the price of Grand Floridian valet parking?

I have breakfast reservations at 9:50am and want to just take the monorail to MK if possible just for convenience. I am an AP so it's not the cost of parking it's just inconvenience of going from place to place wth small kids. In the many times I have been there I have never heard of a time limit on parking but I have also never gone to MK after and don't want to chance my car not being there.

Thanks in advance for answering!!

Unless it recently changed, valet is $25 + tip at all WDW resorts.

When does the gingerbread house usually go up? I am assuming that November 12 & 13 probably too soon to expect it there?

This Disney visa rewards thing has been crazy ... we originally had a split stay with part of the trip at grand Floridian and the other part at akl cl but we realized that we could get the entire nine nights at GF garden view for the exact same price so that is what we are now doing.

I'm just reading now about the construction ...I hope that's not going to affect us. Our dates are February 2 to February 11 in the outer buildings and not in the Villas.

Can anyone that is at GF now comment on the cabanas at the pool? Are they still there or have them been replaced with oversized round couches? Any details/photos would be appreciated.

When does the gingerbread house usually go up? I am assuming that November 12 & 13 probably too soon to expect it there?
I have been to wdw in november many times. They start building the GH early/mid november. It may take a week or so to complete. Then sometime after that they announce it is open. That really means the store inside. However to just see it its in the lobby so doesn't have to "be open" .

Last year was a little later than other years I think . I have seen it that early many times but there is no set actual date for them to start building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!