(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning!!

Here now and no cabanas, round couches. They took them down for Irma and they said nothing is going up until the referb. It looks so strange.

Thanks for the update. We're bummed as we had a cabana reserved for our trip in 2 weeks. Oh well. Thanks again for the update.

I have clients wanting to book the Grand Villa next September. Does anyone know why the DVC Villas weren't opened to the public at the 11-month mark like usual?? They still aren't available to book and my clients are getting antsy.

I have clients wanting to book the Grand Villa next September. Does anyone know why the DVC Villas weren't opened to the public at the 11-month mark like usual?? They still aren't available to book and my clients are getting antsy.

Do you mean via a cash reservation or with DVC points? :confused3

Thanks for the update. Hope you're having a good time :goodvibes.

Hi Mickeynut1 - Just home, depressed as usual after a trip to the GF. We BB for late May, so that makes it a bit easier. This May we had horrible rainy weather, but this last week was amazing. Blue skies and perfect days, a little warm but yesterday was amazing.

Hope everyone is getting ready for trips or busy planning new ones!!

Do you mean via a cash reservation or with DVC points? :confused3

A cash reservation. Usually the Villas are open to the public at 11 months out for cash reservations and to DVC members who have a different home resort at 9 months out for DVC point reservations.

Hi Mickeynut1 - Just home, depressed as usual after a trip to the GF. We BB for late May, so that makes it a bit easier. This May we had horrible rainy weather, but this last week was amazing. Blue skies and perfect days, a little warm but yesterday was amazing.

:wave:

Glad you had great weather. I'm sorry your trip is over, but yay for booking a BB! May seems like a long ways off, but it will be here before you know it. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Did you book the free dining bounceback or was the room only bounceback for 2018 available?

Did you book the free dining bounceback or was the room only bounceback for 2018 available?

Hi Wood Nymph - We booked Free Dining, but I would have liked room discount, but at least its something. This will be another trip without the kids and we don't use the meal plan when its just the two of us, so much easier. If a room only discount comes around I might switch if I can, the free dining would be great if the kids were coming but that wont be until October. Maybe I can bounce back again in May!!:yay:

I know you like WL too, we went for a late lunch there in between our visit to the MK and just loved the new bar outside. This was our second visit there and Disney is amazing, they got rid of all the birds. There are bumps on the rafters and in those bumps are something that release a scent that the birds don't like that we can't smell. We didn't see one bird, last visit there were tons with all the food around.

60 days til we check in!

I just booked all my FP+ today.
I got FOP when we wanted, and Frozen Ever After, and a couple goes on 7 dwarves.
And, basically, over the holiday ALL of the things we wanted.

But, really, it's so incredibly stressful. I hope it will pay off and make our actual holiday better?

Plus, hoping being at GF will reduce my stress.

Now meals are booked, rides are booked, think we are all set!

60 days til we check in!

I got FOP when we wanted, and Frozen Ever After, and a couple goes on 7 dwarves.

But, really, it's so incredibly stressful. I hope it will pay off and make our actual holiday better?

Glad you got everything you wanted! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Glad you got everything you wanted! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.
Thank you so much. The kids are BEYOND excited.
I also just had a thought. We have DXDP, and I was wondering whether it is possible we might be able to luck into asking the concierge for a spot in Citricos, or narcoses or GF Cafe when we are all checked in a comfy on arrival day? We can't book cos, flying from UK, we can't guarantee arrival time.
No biggie if not.
I really am starting to feel good about my holiday, now all the pieces have been fitted together!

I also just had a thought. We have DXDP, and I was wondering whether it is possible we might be able to luck into asking the concierge for a spot in Citricos, or narcoses or GF Cafe when we are all checked in a comfy on arrival day? We can't book cos, flying from UK, we can't guarantee arrival time.
No biggie if not.
I really am starting to feel good about my holiday, now all the pieces have been fitted together!

You're welcome! I'm glad the kids are excited, I'm sure they're gonna have a great time :goodvibes.

I would definitely ask about getting an ADR when you arrive at the resort. You might even be able to get seated at GF Cafe as a walk up if you choose to go there or can't get a reservation at Citricos or Narcoossee's :).

60 days til we check in!

I guess we are checking in around the same time! We booked our FP today.

No biggie if not.
Having everything in order is a great feeling! I would think you could at least get a GF Cafe reservation same day, but the GF lobby is extremely popular in December with the gingerbread house being there, so it may be more difficult to get a reservation than normal. There are always last minute cancellations, particularly due to people making multiple reservations until they figure out their plans, so maybe you'll get exactly what you want! You could check your MDE account to see what's available once you've cleared customs and your arrival time is more predictable, but concierge may be able to help you out more! Best of luck to you! I hope you have a great trip!

Having everything in order is a great feeling! I would think you could at least get a GF Cafe reservation same day, but the GF lobby is extremely popular in December with the gingerbread house being there, so it may be more difficult to get a reservation than normal. There are always last minute cancellations, particularly due to people making multiple reservations until they figure out their plans, so maybe you'll get exactly what you want! You could check your MDE account to see what's available once you've cleared customs and your arrival time is more predictable, but concierge may be able to help you out more! Best of luck to you! I hope you have a great trip!
Thank you. Honestly, we'll be happy with any of the three, and, if there is nothing, then, we are back where we started expecting to go to Gasparilla's, so, no loss. I reckon it's at least worth asking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter