(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy!!

We just got back from a long-weekend trip to soak in Disney Christmas - our first time staying at Grand Floridian too. Loved it!!
I’m so glad you had grand time!
Thanks for your transportation info. I have a question, even though I should know this, can you catch the Epcot monorail at MK, or is the transportation center the only place? Thanks!

I’m so glad you had grand time!
Thanks for your transportation info. I have a question, even though I should know this, can you catch the Epcot monorail at MK, or is the transportation center the only place? Thanks!

The Epcot monorail travels only between Epcot and the TTC. It does not go to the MK, but you can reach the MK by transferring at TTC to either express or resort monorails.

The Epcot monorail travels only between Epcot and the TTC. It does not go to the MK, but you can reach the MK by transferring at TTC to either express or resort monorails.
Thanks. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part that I could jump from MK to Epcot without transferring to another monorail.

Hello to all GF friends!
I just wanted to share my excitement! We will be in the Disney bubble in 8 days! The first night we are checking in POR and plan to take the boat to Disney Springs, eat dinner and shop. Then check in December 17 at the Grand Floridian! Woohoo first time staying here and we are so excited! I booked a garden view room, requesting marina view. I just bought our 12/19 MVMCP tickets, expensive but I just had to do it ::yes::. Grabbed a Be our Guest and California Grill dinner, by stalking everyday, still working on my sons favorite, ‘Ohana.
Thanks for letting me rant about my Disney plans!
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you and yours have a beautiful holiday filled with love!:grouphug:

Sounds like an awesome trip! The GF is amazing, especially at Christmas time. Have a great trip :santa:.

We just got back from a long-weekend trip to soak in Disney Christmas - our first time staying at Grand Floridian too. Loved it!!

Disney at Christmas time is amazing! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF :goodvibes.

Question - is the Beach Pool currently open? I got an email in September saying it would be closed for refurbishment during my stay (next week). It was originally supposed to close mid-November, but then I saw on another Disney news site that it was postponed until January 2nd - early April. Not sure which is correct. Thanks!
I noticed your ? didn't get answered. Yes the Beach pool is currently open and so is the Beaches Pool Bar. Etleast it was on Wed Dec 6'th.

Just back from our long awaited stay at the GF.

Sugar Loaf CL staff weren't as friendly as they should be. Jared actually gave DH a lil grief when he asked for beers at 3pm, saying "cocktails would be served at 5pm" needless to say he did give us the beers. On the other hand when I asked Jordan for a glass of Champagne when we arrived at 8am he acted like it was the most common thing to ask and that it wasn't a problem.

Our room was on the 3'rd floor directly above the CL and it was loud. We had a marina view which was also loud with all of the noise coming from Gasparillas and especially all of the loud golf carts hauling linen to and from the loading dock behind Sago Key. I'm wondering if the pool side would have been quitter? We requested a king bed and received 2 queens. When I asked about being transferred to a king they said they didn't have any available for the duration of our stay. I understand it is just a request and not a bookable category. In the future I would request a rm down the hallway away from the CL and behind closed doors.

CL offering were very tasty and refilled frequently. I loved the Vegetable Frittata's and Maple Pecan Stickybuns in the morning and I fell in love with the Cappuccino machine. They had freshly made Mickey waffles on Wed AM.

I must say that I was slightly disappointed in our stay, I believe I had too high of hopes.

Thanks everyone for all your help on many of my ?'s pre stay. I will post a link once I write up a trip report about our stay. Hope to be posting pics for you all soon.

Hello. A couple of questions…

Has there been a Minnievan roll out at GF yet?

Secondly do you know if rooms typically have two queen size beds? I want a room with two queens, but I’m not sure if I need to specifically request that.

Hello. A couple of questions…

Has there been a Minnievan roll out at GF yet?

Secondly do you know if rooms typically have two queen size beds? I want a room with two queens, but I’m not sure if I need to specifically request that.
Minnie Vans rolled out to the GF back in September. I used them a few times during my October stay and the service was wonderful!

A majority of the rooms have two queen beds. It can't hurt to place the request. I feel this is a very easy one to meet.

Just back from our long awaited stay at the GF.

Sugar Loaf CL staff weren't as friendly as they should be. Jared actually gave DH a lil grief when he asked for beers at 3pm, saying "cocktails would be served at 5pm" needless to say he did give us the beers. On the other hand when I asked Jordan for a glass of Champagne when we arrived at 8am he acted like it was the most common thing to ask and that it wasn't a problem.

Our room was on the 3'rd floor directly above the CL and it was loud. We had a marina view which was also loud with all of the noise coming from Gasparillas and especially all of the loud golf carts hauling linen to and from the loading dock behind Sago Key. I'm wondering if the pool side would have been quitter? We requested a king bed and received 2 queens. When I asked about being transferred to a king they said they didn't have any available for the duration of our stay. I understand it is just a request and not a bookable category. In the future I would request a rm down the hallway away from the CL and behind closed doors.

CL offering were very tasty and refilled frequently. I loved the Vegetable Frittata's and Maple Pecan Stickybuns in the morning and I fell in love with the Cappuccino machine. They had freshly made Mickey waffles on Wed AM.

I must say that I was slightly disappointed in our stay, I believe I had too high of hopes.

Thanks everyone for all your help on many of my ?'s pre stay. I will post a link once I write up a trip report about our stay. Hope to be posting pics for you all soon.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the CM with the beer and the not-so-quiet room location, but I hope you had a nice trip overall :).

Tell me more about the Minnie Van. Is it a new, paid form of transportation? Can anyone use it?

Yes it’s point to point transportation. It uses Lyft software where you place your destination and request a ride. The Minnie Vans are driven by cast members and are a $20.00 flat fee no matter the destination around WDW.

They are very similar to Uber or Lyft with some slight modifications, such as being driven by CM’s and the flat fee.

Last edited:
I must be going crazy, but I swear I saw an article somewhere about a GF Christmas ornament that you could buy. No one seems to know when I ask about here, so can anyone either point me in the right direction or tell me i was hallucinating? Thanks!

I must be going crazy, but I swear I saw an article somewhere about a GF Christmas ornament that you could buy. No one seems to know when I ask about here, so can anyone either point me in the right direction or tell me i was hallucinating? Thanks!

They sell beautifully decorated gingerbread ornaments in the gingerbread house. Could this be what you're talking about?
Also, in the vein of too much information, they sell a limited edition pin only available in the gingerbread house.

They sell beautifully decorated gingerbread ornaments in the gingerbread house. Could this be what you're talking about?
Also, in the vein of too much information, they sell a limited edition pin only available in the gingerbread house.
No, I swear it was a regular style ornament, new to the GF, but I am probably mistaken. My memory is that it was a line of 3-4 items themed to the GF.

I bought one of the Gingerbread ornaments! It was $10 for the small one, $17 for the large. Didn’t like it though.

No, I swear it was a regular style ornament, new to the GF, but I am probably mistaken. My memory is that it was a line of 3-4 items themed to the GF.
So I really wanted a GF themed ornament and after checking all of GF stores last week found nothing other than the Gingerbread ornaments @mrsap mentioned. I bought the decorated Gingerbread cookie to give as a gift but at $18 ea (there was no price tag on it and I about choked at check out) I ponied up the $ and decide to keep it as a keep sake for the GF. Now I have to figure out how to preserve it for future use. It has no preservatives to keep it from rotting with time.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the CM with the beer and the not-so-quiet room location, but I hope you had a nice trip overall :).
Yes overall it was a good trip, but for the $ we paid I was going enjoy it one way or another. ::yes:: There was some Pixie Dust in the trip.

Some of the CL offerings.
Chocolate Canoles

Mickey Mouse Pot de Crème (coconut tarts)

Key Lime Pie Tarts

That's all the images I'm posting until I can find another image hosting site other than postimage.org, takes way too long to upload and can't figure out why some images are thumbnails and others are larger. Any suggestions from you fine folks is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!