(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thaggie 1 - I had posted the same thing a while back that I couldn't find anything for the dates you are looking for either. I thought that SL might be undergoing a renovation. Keep looking and good luck finding dates. I'm going to continue to look as well.

I just booked one night at GF - June 22. Disney had given us 1 free night at a deluxe due to an issue on a previous stay, and I gave DD8 the choice of any resort and she picked GF! I love her taste! We'll be at POFQ (may change to AKL) 4 nights prior and BC 8 nights after.

We have a lagoon view room, any suggestions on what building I should request?

Sounds like a great trip you have planned! I agree with trisha's suggestion on BPK. Looking out over the lagoon at the Poly is a very nice view :cloud9:.

I would enjoy the view of poly from BPK.

:thumbsup2

Just back. Thanks for all of the info on the GF! We had a wonderful time and even received a bit of Pixie Dust via an upgrade to CL (Sugarloaf 6317)! WDW is beautiful at Christmas time and it was even better because of the cold snap that made it feel more like Christmas at home. Thanks again all and good luck on your upcoming trips.

20171211_095623 (Medium).jpg 20171211_095659-EFFECTS (Medium).jpg
20171210_095329-EFFECTS (Medium).jpg

Just back. Thanks for all of the info on the GF! We had a wonderful time and even received a bit of Pixie Dust via an upgrade to CL (Sugarloaf 6317)! WDW is beautiful at Christmas time and it was even better because of the cold snap that made it feel more like Christmas at home. Thanks again all and good luck on your upcoming trips.

View attachment 288627 View attachment 288628
View attachment 288629

I thought that view looked familiar! I was in the same room in April! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!

2.JPG

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the upgrade to CL. Glad you had a great time :).

It's closing in Jan (can't remember the exact date).
Yes! I actually did the chat with a CM on the website, and she said it's closing January 2nd.

I'm so glad. It's going to be in the 80's while we're there, and we'll hopefully get at least one chance to swim during our brief stay. Plus, I told Mom about the crab cake sandwich at the Beaches pool bar, and I think she's counting on enjoying one poolside at some point. :)

Two random questions - First time taking ME. I know the bus makes various stops but is there a method to the madness? I guess what I really want to know is how many stops before I make it to the GF? Also, will I be able to find GF Christmas ornaments in January at their shops? TIA!

Two random questions - First time taking ME. I know the bus makes various stops but is there a method to the madness? I guess what I really want to know is how many stops before I make it to the GF? Also, will I be able to find GF Christmas ornaments in January at their shops? TIA!
The Magical Express only stopped at the Poly and at the Grand Floridian when we took it three weeks ago. It has always stopped at the Poly before going to the GF every time we have taken it. :)

Yes! I actually did the chat with a CM on the website, and she said it's closing January 2nd.

I'm so glad. It's going to be in the 80's while we're there, and we'll hopefully get at least one chance to swim during our brief stay. Plus, I told Mom about the crab cake sandwich at the Beaches pool bar, and I think she's counting on enjoying one poolside at some point. :)
The Lobster sliders were also wonderful we enjoyed them with the crabcake sandwich. It was some of the best food we had at GF.

I found no GF specific ornaments on our stay recently, I checked all of the stores in GF. I ended up with a Gingerbread cookie ornament, but it has no preservatives in it so not sure how long it will last.

I found no GF specific ornaments on our stay recently, I checked all of the stores in GF. I ended up with a Gingerbread cookie ornament, but it has no preservatives in it so not sure how long it will last.
Thank you for your reply. I have not found a hotel-specific ornament since we stayed at the Poly in 2006. I guess I'll stick to collecting pins.

So excited!! 1st Grand stay in less than a month.

I have a GV room booked ans asked for an unobstructed view of the courtyard pool. I think I would be happy with any view as long as it's not facing the pool bar.

Any other tips from the GF vets? I would love to know a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.

So excited!! 1st Grand stay in less than a month.

I have a GV room booked ans asked for an unobstructed view of the courtyard pool. I think I would be happy with any view as long as it's not facing the pool bar.

Any other tips from the GF vets? I would love to know a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.

Can’t say I’m an expert in the best places to watch MK fireworks from GF, but the marina area in front of Gaspy’s worked well for us!

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6877.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter