(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long they leave the Easter eggs out? We fly in the day after Easter and it would be neat to see them.

I can't find my photographic evidence of the ones at the Grand, but in 2016 the ones at the Contemporary were up over a week later - my photos were taken the Monday after Easter (it was March 27, and I have photos I took of the Easter Eggs on April 4). I think you are safe with the day after Easter!

[B said:
"[/B]pepperandchips, post: 58933948, member: 509322"]Just thought I would drop by with a few pictures of "home" from October...

L0gPza2.png

Our home - the DVC Villas building

y5vAFjy.png

The resort as seen from California Grill's observation deck

jsbxPBS.png

Going to the chapel...

sEaWWqy.png

Just a little visual for all those planning incredible Grand vacations!

There's no place like 'home'! :cloud9: Thank you for the gorgeous pics, pepperandchips!

Good morning fellow GF fans! :wave2:

pepperandchips What lovely pics...:cloud9: Thanks so much for sharing!

We had one in a Deluxe 2 queen room in RPC.

Sue Totally forgot about the queen deluxes having a wet bar :eek: :blush:...there are only 6...I haven't stayed in them all ..yet...lol...but am sure that they all do have them as well... so that room category would be main building deluxe queen...::yes:: Thanks for pointing that out..:goodvibes

Good morning GF friends from another snowy day in Connecticut! Seeing the pics of the GF makes me want to go back right now! We got a great deal going to Mexico this summer, so we have put the GF off until next year. Can't wait to go back. Haven't been there since 2013. Just looking at the prices for this year, don't know if we will be staying in RPC. Probably will depend on if either of our kids will be coming with us. Hopefully, one will be gainfully employed after college graduation this May.

Have a Grand Day.

Hey there!! :goodvibes Time for a trip back...:thumbsup2 Hoping that you will have one gainfully employed child by then too!

Does anyone know how long they leave the Easter eggs out? We fly in the day after Easter and it would be neat to see them.

I believe that its about a week or so after Easter that they are still on display....

~Been reading about WDW "incredible Summer" events scheduled for this coming summer....since we have a summer trip planned I have been checking things out...and just read about something neat that I wanted to share...Typhoon Lagoon is going to have an event called H2O Glow Nites..sounds like lots of fun under the stars..Will be Toy Story themed..isn't everything these days...lol...(or SW)...a beach party with characters, music and cool lighting....:flower:...Of course..its a separate ticketed event.... :upsidedow...Think we might add this to our plans...

Counting down our days till we are at the GF...:dance3:Spring can't get here soon enough...

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Thursday....:earsgirl:

Hello all my GF Buddies:wave2:

Getting excited for my next trip the end of May, added the kids last minute.:goodvibes:confused3

Love all the pictures and I hope to be around more often. So disappointed we're missing Toy Story, I guess we'll have to BB.

BlueSkies - Missing you again this year!! Always close but never close enough:goodvibes:rotfl2:

Quick question regarding room requests- we are staying in Sugar Loaf in May and have kids that still nap during afternoon breaks. I’ve heard that the building is noisy -so are there any room requests worth making? Would we want a higher or lower floor?

Quick question regarding room requests- we are staying in Sugar Loaf in May and have kids that still nap during afternoon breaks. I’ve heard that the building is noisy -so are there any room requests worth making? Would we want a higher or lower floor?
I enjoy the rooms in the center where it overlooks the atrium to the lobby /lounge. However the noise wafts up.

Request quiet room either marina or courtyard if prefer one.

IMG_0848.jpg

Sorry I got busy and forgot to post this.

Again the rooms in the center are noisier (6x12-20, 6x11-19)

Do they allow the big pool inflatables in the big pool? Was thinking of getting my girls some for Easter but want to be sure they can use first. :) Also how deep is each pool at the deepest point now? Thanks so much everyone, getting close!!

Hey guys! Question for those of you that travel during the thanksgiving/Christmas holidays: Wr are currently booked for Dec 7-14 so I’m fairly certain that we will see GF decked out in all of its Christmas glory! BUT... we are contemplating moving our dates to Nov 10-17th but I don’t want to miss decorations at GF including the amazing Gingerbread house ( don’t care if we miss other parks or resorts, I know MK will be decorated )... can you tell me when approx. that all the Christmas Decor is up at GF? Thank you!

Hey guys! Question for those of you that travel during the thanksgiving/Christmas holidays: Wr are currently booked for Dec 7-14 so I’m fairly certain that we will see GF decked out in all of its Christmas glory! BUT... we are contemplating moving our dates to Nov 10-17th but I don’t want to miss decorations at GF including the amazing Gingerbread house ( don’t care if we miss other parks or resorts, I know MK will be decorated )... can you tell me when approx. that all the Christmas Decor is up at GF? Thank you!
The resort most likely won't be done that early. The gb house gets built fast but the store inside doesn't open for days to a week or so later. So you can see it but can't shop at it. They do usually sell the GB in Sandy Cove until shop is open.

Do they allow the big pool inflatables in the big pool? Was thinking of getting my girls some for Easter but want to be sure they can use first. :) Also how deep is each pool at the deepest point now? Thanks so much everyone, getting close!!
They took out a big chunk of courtyard pool for refurb last time so a large section is wading now. Although enough deep and shallow for everyone.

Both pools I can stand at all points so 4ft maybe a 41/2?.

A large raft doesn't seem practical. How to keep kids from bumping into other quests could be a problem. I think I've seen noodles at resorts but my kids are all grown so I don't pay attention.

Lots of kids have goggles from home and that may be a fun solution?

Last edited:
Do they allow the big pool inflatables in the big pool? Was thinking of getting my girls some for Easter but want to be sure they can use first. :)
You never see anyone at the Disney resort pools with large floats. People are allowed to bring outside flotation devices for themselves, like the ones young children would wear, and pool noodles. I've also see inflatable beach balls. Life guards need to be able to see if anyone is drowning, so large rafts and other things like that might not be allowed.

You never see anyone at the Disney resort pools with large floats. People are allowed to bring outside flotation devices for themselves, like the ones young children would wear, and pool noodles. I've also see inflatable beach balls. Life guards need to be able to see if anyone is drowning, so large rafts and other things like that might not be allowed.
Thank you, I wasn't thinking a huge one, I'll probably just do one of the smaller donut rings. I always did those when my girls were little with no issues :)

Good afternoon fellow GF fans!

Just a heads up to any summer travelers...if you aren't already aware..this is a pretty aware group around here ::yes::...and a special thank you to my friend Trishadono for the early morning heads up :goodvibes..summer GP discounts are out....and fortunately the GF has 25% discount available.. unlike other monorail resorts which are only 15%..I mean any discount is better than none... but...lol...25% is def better than 15%!! Now lets all hope that an AP discount will be released sooner than later with an even better offer...

follow beautiful pics as always...

Happy to see that the MNSSHP and MVMCP dates have been released! Both parties are awesome....:thumbsup2...

Happy planning everyone....and best of luck with the discounts! :earsgirl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter