(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 days until we arrive for our first visit to GF! I seriously cannot WAIT. I am in the midst of Bar Mitzvah planning for my son and invitations just went out Saturday. Bar Mitzvah is November 10th. I have so much to do and really cannot wait to get to GF and relax and be done with planning. We have not told the kids we are going on this trip, and will be surprising them a few days before we leave.

65 days until we arrive for our first visit to GF! I seriously cannot WAIT. I am in the midst of Bar Mitzvah planning for my son and invitations just went out Saturday. Bar Mitzvah is November 10th. I have so much to do and really cannot wait to get to GF and relax and be done with planning. We have not told the kids we are going on this trip, and will be surprising them a few days before we leave.

The GF is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a nice relaxing trip :wizard:.

We extended our stay for two days since our routes home are blocked. Thankfully they were very accommodating to us and able to even keep us in the same room. GF has two new customers for good
Maybe your routes home will be blocked for another week, and sadly, you will have to suffer through another week there ;)

We extended our stay for two days since our routes home are blocked. Thankfully they were very accommodating to us and able to even keep us in the same room. GF has two new customers for good

Safe travels back!!!

On a serious note though hopefully all effected will make out ok, thoughts and prayers from the Midwest, any storms are never fun.

Last edited:

Our waitlist just went through! We are so excited to be staying at the Villas at the Grand Floridian. It's our first stay at a monorail resort.

Congratulations! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the VGF :wizard:.

We have 36 more days to go :hourglass I feel kind of lost since all the planning is done.

The time will go fast and you will be checking in before you know it! :thumbsup2

I feel the same way as a trip gets closer. We spend so much time planning ADRs, FPs, etc and when it comes down to the wire and everything is done, we don't know how to occupy our time :rotfl::rotfl:.

Hello fellow GF fans!

I see lots of trips coming up....lots of planning to do! We are pretty well set for out nest trip...lest I change the dining around...again...:blush:..you know it's always about the food...

Seems Trisha and dispro are thoroughly enjoying their time at the world....and have been kind enough to share lots pf pics with their Disney deprived friend :earsgirl: ....I am sure that they will be along to share details soon!:thumbsup2

~There is a new tea experience being offered at the Rose and Crown Pub..it starts at the end of this month..will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sundays....just booked this for DD and I for our upcoming trip...will report back on our experience...

Hope that you are all having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl:

Hello fellow GF fans!

I see lots of trips coming up....lots of planning to do! We are pretty well set for out nest trip...lest I change the dining around...again...:blush:..you know it's always about the food...

Seems Trisha and dispro are thoroughly enjoying their time at the world....and have been kind enough to share lots pf pics with their Disney deprived friend :earsgirl: ....I am sure that they will be along to share details soon!:thumbsup2

~There is a new tea experience being offered at the Rose and Crown Pub..it starts at the end of this month..will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sundays....just booked this for DD and I for our upcoming trip...will report back on our experience...

Hope that you are all having a wonderful Wednesday! :earsgirl:

:wave2:

I see people are staying here due to hurricane impacts. We were at VGF last year during the hurricane and they were just awesome! We had to arrive 3 days early to miss the hit but knew we would be safe there.

What we didn’t know was how wonderful the ride out staff would be, how much they truly cared and wanted to make the guests happy and feel safe. I will rave about them always!

I see people are staying here due to hurricane impacts. We were at VGF last year during the hurricane and they were just awesome! We had to arrive 3 days early to miss the hit but knew we would be safe there.

What we didn’t know was how wonderful the ride out staff would be, how much they truly cared and wanted to make the guests happy and feel safe. I will rave about them always!

❤️Love❤️ that Disney Magic! :tink:

Congratulations! We have 36 more days to go :hourglass I feel kind of lost since all the planning is done.

We are down to 28 days! I feel the same way. I did switch up a dining reservation tonight for our arrival day. We were going to eat at Disney Springs because we were originally staying at SSR. Since we are at VGF now, I got a reservation for Narcoossee’s. We’ve never eaten there, so we’re are looking forward to that, too.

OMGosh. I just added on a day to our trip coming in a couple weeks. Got a good rate for Garden View Outer Building for one night. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN....only that it is beautiful and I never in my wildest dreams expected to ever stay here!

Is there something specific I should be requesting? I've looked at Touring Plans reservation requests and picked out a view overlooking the pool with the main building in the background (according to the view). Thinking we would like to be close to the main building for dinner purposes but since it's our last night of vacation I think we will really be spending the entire afternoon and evening at the resort, taking it all in. Is there a better request I should be making? What views do you like (within my room category, of course)?

Our last WDW trip we had dinner at Narcoossee's which was really a nice experience. Probably going to keep it a little simpler this time, though. I made a dinner ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe. Anything else I should know? I'm off work tomorrow and will be spending the better part of the day reading through this thread!

OMGosh. I just added on a day to our trip coming in a couple weeks. Got a good rate for Garden View Outer Building for one night. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN....only that it is beautiful and I never in my wildest dreams expected to ever stay here!

Is there something specific I should be requesting? I've looked at Touring Plans reservation requests and picked out a view overlooking the pool with the main building in the background (according to the view). Thinking we would like to be close to the main building for dinner purposes but since it's our last night of vacation I think we will really be spending the entire afternoon and evening at the resort, taking it all in. Is there a better request I should be making? What views do you like (within my room category, of course)?

Our last WDW trip we had dinner at Narcoossee's which was really a nice experience. Probably going to keep it a little simpler this time, though. I made a dinner ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe. Anything else I should know? I'm off work tomorrow and will be spending the better part of the day reading through this thread!

Congrats on the good rate! I think anywhere at the GF is great, but two of my favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building. Sago Cay and Conch Key are close to Gasparillas and the boat dock. The GF isn't all that spread out so while some things are closer to the main areas than others, nothing is really far away. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

Congrats on the good rate! I think anywhere at the GF is great, but two of my favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building. Sago Cay and Conch Key are close to Gasparillas and the boat dock. The GF isn't all that spread out so while some things are closer to the main areas than others, nothing is really far away. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF :wizard:.
Thank you for responding. Big Pine Key is the building I requested but honestly I'll be tickled wherever we end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter