(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I returned Sunday from a fantastic stay in a 2 bedroom villa at the Grand, I can't say enough about how great the room was! The space was perfect for our family which included my husband, 2 year old son and my parents.

One question. Does anyone know what kind of pillows are on the beds? My mother, who suffers from migraines and is not a good sleeper got great sleep with the pillows there. Thanks much!!

Glad you had a great time! The GF is an amazing resort! :goodvibes

I can't help on the pillows, but hopefully others will be able to help :).

If you book a cabana, do they charge you in full at time of booking or do they just hold your credit card?

I can't answer your question as we've never booked a cabana, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Yes! You get the best of both worlds. You get the excitement of the parks but then you come back and it is so quiet and relaxing you can wind down while still being in the bubble and seeing MK. People often ask me why I love Disney so much and I always tell them I can't explain it. There is just something about it. There are a few places in property where I just feel so relaxed and at "home" and I can't explain those either. GF is one.

I totally agree....the GF is definitely a place to relax and wind down, especially later at night when things have settled down. People often ask me why I love Disney so much and keep going back and my response is the same as yours. There's just something about being in the Disney bubble that makes it great, but no way to really explain it to others where they'll understand ;).

We got our tickets for Mary Poppins Returns bought last night, our favorite movie theater is the one you get the big recliners and bistro!!!! So getting tickets early is important because big movies always sell out fast.

So what are everyone's opinions on the restaraunts in the GF? Do you like them because they are there or are they judged on the food itself independent of the hotel?

I have only eaten at 1900 Park Fare and GF Cafe, along with food court. I haven't tried the higher end places yet. Every time I try I can't get an ADR.

I think V&A's is too fancy for me anyway. I am sure its nice but I can't see myself getting dressed up on vacation.

So what are everyone's opinions on the restaraunts in the GF? Do you like them because they are there or are they judged on the food itself independent of the hotel?

I have only eaten at 1900 Park Fare and GF Cafe, along with food court. I haven't tried the higher end places yet. Every time I try I can't get an ADR.

I think V&A's is too fancy for me anyway. I am sure its nice but I can't see myself getting dressed up on vacation.

V&A is one I pull the Disney math card out on, for one it would probably be my wife and I, and at that, the price we’d pay we could do a couple of other favorites we have that the entire family can enjoy.

Narcossees is awesome especially if you have it timed right for fireworks, on our recent stay in Sugar Loaf we could smell the cookin on some evenings from our balcony and I was like why didn’t we make a res...:confused3

We do dress up somewhat for certain places like Cali Grill or CRT and a couple others, but yeah not really interested in V&A type dressing up on vaca, although it obviously is great considering the rating.

We loved both Narcossees and citricos. The service was better at citricos (Narcossees was very slow), but the view was amazing at Narcossees. I don’t think you could go wrong with either one though.

V&A is one I pull the Disney math card out on, for one it would probably be my wife and I, and at that, the price we’d pay we could do a couple of other favorites we have that the entire family can enjoy.

Narcossees is awesome especially if you have it timed right for fireworks, on our recent stay in Sugar Loaf we could smell the cookin on some evenings from our balcony and I was like why didn’t we make a res...:confused3

We do dress up somewhat for certain places like Cali Grill or CRT and a couple others, but yeah not really interested in V&A type dressing up on vaca, although it obviously is great considering the rating.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind V&A for a special occasion. Like if I ended up going back there on my next honeymoon. But regularly, no.

We loved both Narcossees and citricos. The service was better at citricos (Narcossees was very slow), but the view was amazing at Narcossees. I don’t think you could go wrong with either one though.

I have heard Citricos is better as far as food and service. I also heard Narcoossees is outdated. But that view is cool. I will keep trying to get an ADR on future trips at either place for sure. Thanks for the info.

Thanks.

I wouldn't mind V&A for a special occasion. Like if I ended up going back there on my next honeymoon. But regularly, no.

I have heard Citricos is better as far as food and service. I also heard Narcoossees is outdated. But that view is cool. I will keep trying to get an ADR on future trips at either place for sure. Thanks for the info.

That’d be a pretty special occasion!!!!!

Thanks.

I don’t feel Narcossees is outdated or slow. We eat there every trip. The food is excellent and it’s such a great place to see fireworks after dinner.

That’d be a pretty special occasion!!!!!

Oh, it is. But we might go to DL instead. It is hard because we did DL for the first time in October and I loved it. So while I can easily make a case for going to WDW and staying at GF I feel like I don't want to fight too hard because it means I don't get to go to DL. I should have never gone. Now I need to worry about getting back to two places instead of just one.

It’s finally here, our first DVC stay at the Grand Floridian. Two 2 bedroom villas for 6 nights (18 people are we nuts? Possibly).

We have stayed at the Grand hotel side for years, but purchased two DVC contracts earlier this year and finally using them. Beyond excited!

Thanks.

I actually dislike Citrico’s and prefer Narcoossees. However last year the last at Narcoossees was so-so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter