(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your room too and made a note of the number from another post of yours. Someone may have all ready asked this but I couldn't find it...is this room a bookable category for Sugarloaf? Or just a room number request? I'm curious because we stayed there this past February and would love to go back. This room would work great for the fam! TIA!

FYI, the Deluxe Rooms in SL are not a bookable room category, which is different than the Deluxe Room category in the rest of the outer buildings that is a bookable room category. In SL, they are by request (or Pixie Dust) only. There are three of them, 6220, 6320, and 6420 (second, third, and fourth floors). All face the Courtyard Pool. 6220 has a wall balcony, 6320 has a normal railing balcony, 6420 does not have a balcony.

Hope that helps!

Credit to DISfriends @BlueSkies and @trishadono who have helped me understand the SL building and its nuances over the years.

Last edited:
Just returned home from a lovely YC/GF split stay.

The Grand was wonderful as usual, but I have to say the crowds were much worse this December IMO compared to years past. I am not sure if it was the 20th anniversary of the gingerbread house or what, but it was chaotic at times to navigate the resort lobby. The monorail security lines stretched far into the lobby daily/nightly which I guess I can only compare to last year. Elevators seemed overwhelmed and visitors did not hold the door open button numerous times and doors closed on people with strollers/scooters/etc before they could even board. The Grand Floridian Cafe even seemed overwhelmed every time I entered the main building.

I was sad to see that the gingerbread house pin and GF ornament were both sold out. I was told the ornament will be back in stock in April, but I will have to look to eBay for the pin.

With all that said, I could not complain about my room in Big Pine Key. It was ready early and my late check-out was approved. Housekeeping and turndown provided ample toiletries and chocolates and were completed everyday before I got back to the room for a break. Citricos was absolutely fantastic and was hands down the best meal of the trip (if not best out of all my visits to WDW). I miss it so much already and can't wait for Sugarloaf in March. :cloud9:

Sorry about the crowds, but glad you had a great time. Disney at Christmas time is the best :santa:.

Nothing new or earth shattering below that isn’t well-documented by thousands of guests and bloggers already, but DW and I took a stroll (from YC through Epcot then via monorail) over to the GF this weekend and captured a few pics. We had never seen the holiday display in the lobby before, so wanted to check it out.

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. Glad you had a great weekend :).

I am so excited. We are booked to stay at the GF next November 5-10. I never thought we would ever be able to stay there, but with a pretty good deal from our Travel Agent and DH saying "just go ahead and splurge", we are doing it.

We visited Disney in the summer of 1988 and walked around the GF just a few weeks after it opened - In my 10 year old head, that was the most fantastic, fancy, elegant, etc hotel I could ever even imagine seeing. I can't believe, now, 30 years later, we are actually going to stay there.

Ironically we were guests there about the time you were walking thru for your family visit. At that time our 9 year old son was also taking it all in. I think we paid 160 bucks a night that fall trip. Well >>our son got the "fever" and is now a DVC Grand Floridian owner! Now it is his job to find us a deal for our next trip in later November of 2019. Yeah, the prices are borderline absurd ...but now and then a deal pops up so we are very happy to hear your dream will also come true! When you do arrive, I hope you will get up early, make the walk to Gasparilla's grill and just take in the wonderful ambiance that only early mornings can bring. You will understand once you are there as a guest!

I am so excited. We are booked to stay at the GF next November 5-10. I never thought we would ever be able to stay there, but with a pretty good deal from our Travel Agent and DH saying "just go ahead and splurge", we are doing it.

We visited Disney in the summer of 1988 and walked around the GF just a few weeks after it opened - In my 10 year old head, that was the most fantastic, fancy, elegant, etc hotel I could ever even imagine seeing. I can't believe, now, 30 years later, we are actually going to stay there.

It’s definitely worth splurging on!! You definitely won’t regret it!! :cloud9:

Me too. It was SO much better than last year.

It seems like forever ago since we were there....even though it has only been a few weeks. :(

Is it bad if I’m trying to throw something together for the first weekend in January?

:confused3

Frontier has nonstop flights from my area for $24, I could skip southwest for that price and save my points for something else :thumbsup2

I be like :tigger: for that price!

Last edited:
Is it bad if I’m trying to throw something together for the first weekend in January?

Frontier has nonstop flights from my area for $24, I could skip southwest for that price and save my points for something else :thumbsup2

That's amazing!! This Feb, our flights were like £200 each thanks to reward points (the remaining balance was tax) and that's the best we've ever got. Totally go for it!!

How exciting! You are going to LOVE the GF! Have fun planning :goodvibes.

When you do arrive, I hope you will get up early, make the walk to Gasparilla's grill and just take in the wonderful ambiance that only early mornings can bring. You will understand once you are there as a guest!

It's hard to beat the GF in the morning :cloud9:.

It’s definitely worth splurging on!! You definitely won’t regret it!! :cloud9:

I agree! ::yes::

Go for it!! You can't beat that airfare! :wizard:

It is a “Deluxe” room, I had a standard room booked and was given this one, a bit of “Pixie Dust”. If it DOESN’T show up online maybe try calling and specify that room or category REQUEST, it’s nice getting the extra space for sure.
Ok, thank you so much!!! I'm so happy that you got "Pixie Dusted" so I could see this room!! pixiedust: Have a Merry Christmas!!

Not yet.........just looked still available but I’m on the fence now, I’ll be taking my youngest, Rates over the weekend where I decided to stay were through the roof, even with AP so looking at other options currently, might just slide over to PB......:confused3.....if only people knew the stress US NORMAL people deal with booking trips...:rotfl2:

Not yet.........just looked still available but I’m on the fence now, I’ll be taking my youngest, Rates over the weekend where I decided to stay were through the roof, even with AP so looking at other options currently, might just slide over to PB......:confused3.....if only people knew the stress US NORMAL people deal with booking trips...:rotfl2:

Not many people truly understand the struggle lol Hope you can make it work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter