(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a lot of food and the steak options were very good. We barely ate anything outside of the club level. :thumbsup2

I was kind of sad that they took away the surprise and delight of having a chef cook things. Not that we needed anymore food!

We also saw Jon Anderson from the group YES. A throwback to the 70's but my husband talked to him a little while I was still up in the room. I only got to say hi. lol

Hi all! First stay at GF coming up in September. We have a Theme Park View Outer Building room booked. It was recommend to me to request Boca Chica or Sago Key. Which, in your opinion, is a better choice? I know very little about this resort so figured I would ask the experts here :)

Thank you!

Hi all! First stay at GF coming up in September. We have a Theme Park View Outer Building room booked. It was recommend to me to request Boca Chica or Sago Key. Which, in your opinion, is a better choice? I know very little about this resort so figured I would ask the experts here :)

Thank you!

Here’s the map! I loved Conch Key! Have fun!

We
there was a lot of food and the steak options were very good. We barely ate anything outside of the club level. :thumbsup2

I was kind of sad that they took away the surprise and delight of having a chef cook things. Not that we needed anymore food!

We also saw Jon Anderson from the group YES. A throwback to the 70's but my husband talked to him a little while I was still up in the room. I only got to say hi. lol
Would you recommend staying at Sugarloaf? I am thinking of changing my July reservation from the Polynesian to try something new...but I hate trying new things 😂

I love Sugarloaf. The only thing I miss is I like being in the Epcot resort area. We stayed at YC CL in October and I enjoyed it, but this was better. I would have to say that the CL that I have enjoyed the least would be WL. I wasn't into the food offerings, too gamey for me.

We

Would you recommend staying at Sugarloaf? I am thinking of changing my July reservation from the Polynesian to try something new...but I hate trying new things 😂
I'm debating changing my WL cl in August to Sugarloaf lol. I'm hoping to hear more good things!
I know this question was directed to another poster but I would totally recommend SL! We just stayed there for the first time in the beginning of January, after staying at RPC a few times and CL at BC and Poly. I loved it. The food was amazing, the lounge was never crowded even though the park crowd levels were 10's, and I loved the location of the building. I have read a lot of reviews on here where people really did not care for SL, so I was very apprehensive going in. We were so pleasantly surprised and I would love to stay there again.

I know this question was directed to another poster but I would totally recommend SL! We just stayed there for the first time in the beginning of January, after staying at RPC a few times and CL at BC and Poly. I loved it. The food was amazing, the lounge was never crowded even though the park crowd levels were 10's, and I loved the location of the building. I have read a lot of reviews on here where people really did not care for SL, so I was very apprehensive going in. We were so pleasantly surprised and I would love to stay there again.
Thanks! How did it compare to Poly CL? We love poly because it's like a vacation within a vacation. Is GF relaxing like that as well? I want GF, my kids and hubby want WL.

Thanks! How did it compare to Poly CL? We love poly because it's like a vacation within a vacation. Is GF relaxing like that as well? I want GF, my kids and hubby want WL.
What is nice about Sl is LOCATION!! It is central to everything.

The lobby is kinda boring compared to Poly. However the rooms are all close to the lounge so taking things to your room is easy. For ex morning coffee on my balcony with a nice view is a good way to start the day!

I love that GF has soup now midday.

Gf is very relaxing. The courtyard pool right there is so ...ahhhhh.....!

What is nice about Sl is LOCATION!! It is central to everything.

The lobby is kinda boring compared to Poly. However the rooms are all close to the lounge so taking things to your room is easy. For ex morning coffee on my balcony with a nice view is a good way to start the day!

I love that GF has soup now midday.

Gf is very relaxing. The courtyard pool right there is so ...ahhhhh.....!

Couldn’t agree more!!!:cloud9: However, they will have the main lobby to enjoy!!!!!! Poly doesn’t have an orchestra or pianist!!

I like it better than Poly. While Poly does have that nice view, I find Poly to be crowded during peak times of the day, and I find their self-serve area feels like a cafeteria at times, like you're waiting in line for food. I felt that SL's lounge was much quieter and more relaxing. And my dd20 actually prefers SL to the main building because she feels that it was much more relaxing and less chaotic.

We will be staying at the GF for the first time this June. We will be staying in an outer building garden view. Can anyone tell me which building(s) we may be staying in? We usually stay at the Polynesian, but decided to try the GF this time. I am very excited and can't wait! Also, does anyone have any pictures they can share of their stay in the same location we will be at? :thanks: :tinker:

I would request a room in Conch Key, monorail side. We had a view of the water and the monorail for a garden view price. We’ve also stayed in Sago Key. One time we had a dormer room facing the resort, and we could see Space Mountain. The other trip we were monorail side.... just request to be away from the loading zone on that side. We had a fantastic room with a view of the monorail and the water. I also ask to be on a high floor.

I may have missed it in my scroll- but does anyone know when the movies on the lawn are happening? We will be at GF first week of March. I’m assuming that they will be similar to February in frequency.

I may have missed it in my scroll- but does anyone know when the movies on the lawn are happening? We will be at GF first week of March. I’m assuming that they will be similar to February in frequency.

We won't know about March exactly until March 1st, 2nd or 3rd. But I would guess it would be the same frequency as February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter