(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was Transportation?
We went to Epcot Via bus. Had the bus to ourselves both ways but we went at odd times. The bus pick up and drop off was right at the Villas which is so nice. No shared bus. The wait wasn’t too bad. The monorail is nice too (rode once). No long line there either.
They tell you exactly where to sit in both bus and monorail.... helps loading go very smoothly.

We went to Epcot Via bus. Had the bus to ourselves both ways but we went at odd times. The bus pick up and drop off was right at the Villas which is so nice. No shared bus. The wait wasn’t too bad. The monorail is nice too (rode once). No long line there either.
They tell you exactly where to sit in both bus and monorail.... helps loading go very smoothly.
Dd and I will arrive around 2p on our Epcot day. We usually do parks morning and evening and enjoy shopping, pools and exploring midday.

I was thinking we would head to the room and unpack. Then head to poly and gf and check our fav resorts out (staying CR) . Then catch bus to Epcot around 4 or 5.

I was guessing the bus stop over there but hadn’t seen it posted. Thx for heads up!

Is anyone there now or just left? I'm trying to figure out if they opened Enchanted Rose back up? I know they reopened Abracadabar at BWV so I am wondering if they reopened all the lounges?

Is anyone there now or just left? I'm trying to figure out if they opened Enchanted Rose back up? I know they reopened Abracadabar at BWV so I am wondering if they reopened all the lounges?

I guess nobody is there right now. I am friends with one of the bartenders and he seems to be vacationing at the Villas right now..lol. I am sure if you call the hotel directly they would obviously know. Good luck, would love to know the answer.

I’ll be there next week, not sure when you’re going. I will report back if they’re open or not.

Any reports on how busy the beach pool is since the nba has the other pool closed? Thinking about coming in a couple of weeks

I should add... in our experience pools did start to get busier around 7 at both poly and GF (as parks closed). Not too busy in our opinion, but busier and everyone’s comfort level is different.

I should add... in our experience pools did start to get busier around 7 at both poly and GF (as parks closed). Not too busy in our opinion, but busier and everyone’s comfort level is different.
Thanks for the response! That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear

Thanks for the info. Quick question. My family will be at VGF for a week in August. My boys are HUGE NBA fans. Do they stand any chance of a long distance spotting or picture?

Thanks for the info. Quick question. My family will be at VGF for a week in August. My boys are HUGE NBA fans. Do they stand any chance of a long distance spotting or picture?
Not really a good chance for that...We saw someone take out their phone and try to take a picture from Gasparillas over the fence and security stopped them. We saw some players on their hotel room balcony while riding by on the monorail... but that is pretty far away. They did have some basketball merchandise in the store though.

I guess nobody is there right now. I am friends with one of the bartenders and he seems to be vacationing at the Villas right now..lol. I am sure if you call the hotel directly they would obviously know. Good luck, would love to know the answer.
I’ll be there next week, not sure when you’re going. I will report back if they’re open or not.
Thanks! I actually found out it was open and I visited last Thursday!

Wow thats great, how was it? How was the GF?
It was nice. We hadn't visited Enchanted Rose before. The drinks are rather expensive though.

The lobby was empty. We've been a few times since the resort reopened (we did a resort only trip 6/28-7/5 and had both breakfast and dinner at GF Cafe and then the Enchanted Rose visit on 7/23) and there has never been very many people in the lobby. We didn't really look around anywhere else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!