(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

Does anyone know when Citricos will be reopening?
Good question. I don't thinnk they announced when CG opened. It just did the day the resort opened and I had to scramble to book ressies.

My best guess would be 9/21 when resort opens IF it reopens.

Good question. I don't thinnk they announced when CG opened. It just did the day the resort opened and I had to scramble to book ressies.

My best guess would be 9/21 when resort opens IF it reopens.

Thank you my friend, good advise.

I hope it opens we're scheduled to be there October 5th!!! I am reading such good reviews of people going to WDW that I am starting to look forward to the trip. I hope I get CG as well, my ADR date is this week.

Thank you my friend, good advise.

I hope it opens we're scheduled to be there October 5th!!! I am reading such good reviews of people going to WDW that I am starting to look forward to the trip. I hope I get CG as well, my ADR date is this week.
If you haven’t check out the chef Mickey breakfast. They bring everything to the table! Fruit, yogurt, breads/muffins, waffles, French toast, meats, cheesy potatoes etc! Tons!

if we can’t have cl might as well have someone bring us all our favs, right?

If you haven’t check out the chef Mickey breakfast. They bring everything to the table! Fruit, yogurt, breads/muffins, waffles, French toast, meats, cheesy potatoes etc! Tons!

if we can’t have cl might as well have someone bring us all our favs, right?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

This trip is with the kids and they don't wake up for breakfast...lol. My DH and I don't mind it gives us time alone to have breakfast and chat, then we deliver breakfast when we're ready to get moving.

When are you going? Are you nervous? Excited? I am ready, I do hope the numbers go down in Florida, but I good either way....I think...lol. DS and I already had Covid and I am sure my DH and DD were exposed. Not sure if any of that matters, but we all need a vacation. I don't care if we spend most of time at the hotel or hotels. We're actually planning very little time in parks and then we're going to play it by ear if we're comfortable wearing masks and crowd levels.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

This trip is with the kids and they don't wake up for breakfast...lol. My DH and I don't mind it gives us time alone to have breakfast and chat, then we deliver breakfast when we're ready to get moving.

When are you going? Are you nervous? Excited? I am ready, I do hope the numbers go down in Florida, but I good either way....I think...lol. DS and I already had Covid and I am sure my DH and DD were exposed. Not sure if any of that matters, but we all need a vacation. I don't care if we spend most of time at the hotel or hotels. We're actually planning very little time in parks and then we're going to play it by ear if we're comfortable wearing masks and crowd levels.
I have zero concerns. I have only canceled due to state requirements.

Me and dd25 8/19-23 at Cr TPV.
We also have CDW at Cr GW. 10-8/12.

I live where it’s had minimal effect so I guess I just don’t have the fear others have.

Oh and I am so excited ! Dd and I haven’t been alone (dh/Ds/bf)since last August.
I miss my girl time.

Ugh DD’s friend is at vgf. He is staying with some friends. He doesn’t know much about resorts so was trying to describe his room.

Wait, what??? Yep he and his gf are in one of the grand villas. So jealous!

I have zero concerns. I have only canceled due to state requirements.

Me and dd25 8/19-23 at Cr TPV.
We also have CDW at Cr GW. 10-8/12.

I live where it’s had minimal effect so I guess I just don’t have the fear others have.

Oh and I am so excited ! Dd and I haven’t been alone (dh/Ds/bf)since last August.
I miss my girl time.

My DS and I both had Covid 19 and while we have antibodies I am going to enjoy...lol. My DH and DD took care of the both of us for 3 weeks and never got sick, so I am hoping that they have the antibodies as well. Not that anyone knows anything for sure, but I am not too concerned either. We'll just wash our hands, wear our masks and relax at the hotel most of the time.

I love my girl time with mine as well, enjoy! I think I can make ADRs on the 6th, do you know what time I can start in the AM? I really want CG is everyone favorite.

Ugh DD’s friend is at vgf. He is staying with some friends. He doesn’t know much about resorts so was trying to describe his room.

Wait, what??? Yep he and his gf are in one of the grand villas. So jealous!

WOW, I am jealous too, but good for them!!!

My DS and I both had Covid 19 and while we have antibodies I am going to enjoy...lol. My DH and DD took care of the both of us for 3 weeks and never got sick, so I am hoping that they have the antibodies as well. Not that anyone knows anything for sure, but I am not too concerned either. We'll just wash our hands, wear our masks and relax at the hotel most of the time.

I love my girl time with mine as well, enjoy! I think I can make ADRs on the 6th, do you know what time I can start in the AM? I really want CG is everyone favorite.

WOW, I am jealous too, but good for them!!!
7a? I keep checking and CG still has times for my trips in 2 weeks. I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

I’m surprised we have any skin left with all the hand washing. 🤣

We have reservations for September 20-29.... went to book dining last week as we are within our 60 day window... We were NOT able to book either Citricos or Narcoossee’s.

Apparently although the Grand Floridian Hotel is opening 9/21, it’s restaurants (except for The Cafe) are not.

No idea why....

And I’m bummed because I love both those places!

I'm torn between staying between the BCV and GFV for this upcoming trip in October. Currently things are so up in the air with both. In one regard it will be nice to have more privacy at BCV since it is not officially opening as of yet while we'll be there, but as of right now, there is no guarantee of Stormalong Bay opening. On the other hand, the last time we were t GFV, it was February and I think the larger pool was closed and I don't really remember if the kids liked the pool there. They loved the resort, but this trip, due to COVID, I was only planning 4 park days and wanted a resort I could lounge around the pool at and just relax so the more entertaining pool will definitely be a benefit. Also, we love Yachtsman and Narcoosees. Has anyone gotten any word on if signatures will be opening when the actual resorts open?

Any input you veterans who stay at GF have would be welcomed. We really love both resorts and it's hard to turn down a trip to the GF. Do you know when the NBA will be leaving. I know others have said it didn't really impact their stay, but I would like to have access to all the pools, especially if the full resort opens and then the capacity will really increase.

All I can say is CG at Cr was not announced it just opened the day the resort (not dvc) opened.

Best guess would be the same for gf but only time will tell.

I have asked and something about as teams lose the remaining teams will be consolidated to a different resort and its NOT gf. I think but not sure that is why opening 9/21 because NBA will be out of gf then. Any bball fans confirm this????

I would pick gf over bc villas. WHY? The gf beach pool has the slide, great view of lake and nice bar right then. Also the probability of the rest of the resort opening seems a higher chance than bc/yc.

It is all speculative at this point but that is my 2 cents worth :flower1: :wave2: :flower1:

All I can say is CG at Cr was not announced it just opened the day the resort (not dvc) opened.

Best guess would be the same for gf but only time will tell.

I have asked and something about as teams lose the remaining teams will be consolidated to a different resort and its NOT gf. I think but not sure that is why opening 9/21 because NBA will be out of gf then. Any bball fans confirm this????

I would pick gf over bc villas. WHY? The gf beach pool has the slide, great view of lake and nice bar right then. Also the probability of the rest of the resort opening seems a higher chance than bc/yc.

It is all speculative at this point but that is my 2 cents worth :flower1: :wave2: :flower1:

Thank you for your input. You highlighted definitely some of the thoughts I'm having as well. If I knew the NBA was out and that the resort was fully open, I would definitely switch. However, with Yacht Club opening and the thought of have full access to Stormalong Bay (with less capacity if the BC is closed) is also enticing. What a tough decision. I know the kids will have a blast no matter where we are and we are blessed to even have this choice.

I also appreciate the point about CG, I didn't think about the fact that it wasn't announced before hand. That is true, so there is a good chance Narcoosees and Citricos might open as well!

Appreciate your taking the time to write!

7a? I keep checking and CG still has times for my trips in 2 weeks. I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

I’m surprised we have any skin left with all the hand washing. 🤣

Thanks so much, I hope your right. I'll let you know how I do. I get to start booking Thursday, I think...I need to check that...lol

Oh, look, another person with an "are you psychic" question!

What do ya'll think about the walkway to MK being open in 2020? Selfishly, I'm thinking specifically of before I go (Nov 4-8). Seems from various posts that they won't open it while the NBA bubble is in place, but...after that? I've never stayed at GF, and the only way I can get DS to switch from CR is if there's walkability. Thanks, my clairvoyant friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter