(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea....

Sorry I am not very helpful.

I think it really all depends upon when the NBA departs.

That event may also elucidate when Narcoosee’s and Citricos could possibly reopen.

Like everyone else I‘ll just watch this thread and wait and see...

Disney moved us to the Riveria from BWI for our Jan 2021 trip. But we’re considering asking to be moved to the GF instead. Do y’all think the walk way to MK will be open by then? And what would y’all do, stay at Riveria or switch to GF? We’ve never stayed at either. We usually stay at BWI or BC now, but used to stay at Poly when our DD was little. It’s now just DH & I that go.

Hey everyone! :wave2:
I'm still planning my imaginary milestone birthday trip for next year

Not sure if any other NBA players staying at the GF have a You Tube channel but Matisse Thybulle from the 76ers has one and it's interesting to see the GF taken over by the NBA.

And the the only team I know what building they're in is Philly

Disney moved us to the Riveria from BWI for our Jan 2021 trip. But we’re considering asking to be moved to the GF instead. Do y’all think the walk way to MK will be open by then? And what would y’all do, stay at Riveria or switch to GF? We’ve never stayed at either. We usually stay at BWI or BC now, but used to stay at Poly when our DD was little. It’s now just DH & I that go.
Well it depends on if the walkway goes all the way to Floridian Way and loops back towards the convention center OR if another bridge is gonna be built across the lagoon to the GF marina

Happy Friday everyone! I finally got DH to commit to travel dates for Oct 2021 and am now looking for some advice.

There will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old for that trip as we're wanting to bring my mother along. She does so much for us and it has always been her dream to stay at the GF. She is not getting any younger (she'll be 75 by that time) & we really want to spoil her while she's still in good health.

I'm trying to figure out if we should get two separate rooms (with the chance that they would be connecting) or if we should go with an outer building 1 bedroom suite. We would probably make out better with the two rooms since there would be more actual beds vs. the sleeper sofa but the CL access with the suite would certainly be nice. My mom really plans to just enjoy the resort during our stay and will most likely avoid the parks. I don't know what CL will look like by then but we've stayed RPC once before and absolutely loved the convenience of the food with the kids. If we went with two rooms, we would most likely book lagoon or garden view rather than CL. For the cost of 2 CL rooms, we might as well go with the suite. We will not be purchasing the dining plan for this trip as I don't feel we get our money's worth out of it. My kids are all light eaters and prefer to snack during the day vs. eat a larger meal - which is why CL worked so well for us in the past.

Since I can't play around on the website to price out the differences for these dates yet, I was curious to hear what others would recommend.

Happy Friday everyone! I finally got DH to commit to travel dates for Oct 2021 and am now looking for some advice.

There will be 6 of us plus a 2 year old for that trip as we're wanting to bring my mother along. She does so much for us and it has always been her dream to stay at the GF. She is not getting any younger (she'll be 75 by that time) & we really want to spoil her while she's still in good health.

I'm trying to figure out if we should get two separate rooms (with the chance that they would be connecting) or if we should go with an outer building 1 bedroom suite. We would probably make out better with the two rooms since there would be more actual beds vs. the sleeper sofa but the CL access with the suite would certainly be nice. My mom really plans to just enjoy the resort during our stay and will most likely avoid the parks. I don't know what CL will look like by then but we've stayed RPC once before and absolutely loved the convenience of the food with the kids. If we went with two rooms, we would most likely book lagoon or garden view rather than CL. For the cost of 2 CL rooms, we might as well go with the suite. We will not be purchasing the dining plan for this trip as I don't feel we get our money's worth out of it. My kids are all light eaters and prefer to snack during the day vs. eat a larger meal - which is why CL worked so well for us in the past.

Since I can't play around on the website to price out the differences for these dates yet, I was curious to hear what others would recommend.

We took my MIL for her 90th birthday and she LOVED RPC so much. Now, she didn't go into the parks, but everyone came and went to the parks and were able to spend time with her - and she got some quiet time on her own which she also loved. She did share a room with one of my SIL's. That RPC was worth the extra we paid for rooms.

I have not been following it that closely but about the walkway to MK.

Is it for sure for guests (I assume so but not sure if its been fully confirmed)?
When is a safe bet on completion? Would end of 2021 be an assumed date that by then unless major issues it will be completed and open?

Hey everyone! :wave2:
I'm still planning my imaginary milestone birthday trip for next year

Not sure if any other NBA players staying at the GF have a You Tube channel but Matisse Thybulle from the 76ers has one and it's interesting to see the GF taken over by the NBA.

And the the only team I know what building they're in is Philly

Well it depends on if the walkway goes all the way to Floridian Way and loops back towards the convention center OR if another bridge is gonna be built across the lagoon to the GF marina

There is a bridge right near the end, it's already in place as of now. Just saw lots of pictures of it being installed the last two weeks or so. So you do not have to pass around the convention center, thank goodness.

The walkway is being worked on daily and had made tons of progress over the last two months. I can't imagine it won't be open by 2021.

There is a bridge right near the end, it's already in place as of now. Just saw lots of pictures of it being installed the last two weeks or so. So you do not have to pass around the convention center, thank goodness.
Thanks.
Still can't figure out where at the GF the bridge is. Maybe between Sago & the convention center.
Oh well as long as it's finished by whenever my next trip is.

We took my MIL for her 90th birthday and she LOVED RPC so much. Now, she didn't go into the parks, but everyone came and went to the parks and were able to spend time with her - and she got some quiet time on her own which she also loved. She did share a room with one of my SIL's. That RPC was worth the extra we paid for rooms.
Thank you! RPC is my happy place so I have no doubt my mom would love it as much as I do :love:

I confirmed on the CL thread that the outer building suites also get access to both the RPC and SL lounges which sounds even more amazing. I think that alone solidified my choice! Now I just have to hope one will be available to book once reservations (finally) open for next fall. We’re planning on staying over Halloween since that’s my favorite holiday.

Has anyone been there recently or there now that can comment on the pool? How are crowds? Is it closing for capacity?

Hi! I’m wondering if any of you know what the August schedule is for Movie under the stars, or if it’s even being offered right now?

Hello to my dear GFers! Well, we have to move our dates again. It looks likely that our national borders down here will remain, for all intents and purposes, closed until late next year. So, a Christmas 2021 GF stay it is!! :cloud9:

I hope all is well with you ...

Just booked 7 nights in an outer building garden view for October! Looking forward to returning to my favorite resort. Very curious to see if people will keep their fall break plans and what October crowd levels will look like this year.
Does anyone know how frequently Movies under the Stars are occurring? Every other night? I haven't been able to find an August activities calendar, and was wondering if it might be a foreshadow to October's schedule.

If you are price protected I don’t think they will move you and the price may jump.

I did get to stay at RR and it’s a very convenient set up. Having all the food in your building is great with bad weather. Also everything is so shiny and new! I tried RR knowing that soon it will hard to get as it continues to sell.
We had a 1 bedroom and the Murphy bed was comfy and fun! I loved the nooks to hold my stuff at night,

Gf will always be available RR probably just this year, the popular dvc’s just are hard to book once they sell out.
For that reason I would pick RR then do GF next time.

Both options will work. I would book the 1 bedroom suite now while you still can. They often sell out vs 2 gv or lv rooms which should still have availability,
Keep in mind that if you do book a suite which includes CL if the cl option gets canceled next year they MAY move you to VGF or BLT for example. Or you could just do the 2 rooms. It kind of gives you more options to have the suite booked while you can.

I took my mom to RPC in 2017 in December, Yes our Mom’s sure do love GF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter