Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We are looking at a very late night arrival and our plan is to stay at the airport hotel for the night then take ME to the resort the next morning. We would have picked up our luggage the night before from the carousel upon arrival. Can we still use the luggage delivery service the next morning when we take ME and give them our bags?
No. But, you are confusing what happens. Once you get your bags yourself, you no longer use the ME bag delivery service. In order to use this service you must use the yellow tags. Bags tagged with yellow tags never arrive to baggage claim, they are handles "behind the scenes" so to speak. Off loaded right from the plane, to the company that handles the bags for Disney, delivered to the Resorts and then to your room. Once you take possession of them, this can no longer happen
When you ride ME you are allowed to bring your bags to the bus yourself. The driver will then store the bags under the bus for you and when you arrive at the resort he'll off load them and then you will bring them in the resort and take them to your room or drop them with bell services yourself. Do be prepared to tip if you have your bags with you, as a courtesy to those helping you with the bags along the way

No. But, you are confusing what happens. Once you get your bags yourself, you no longer use the ME bag delivery service. In order to use this service you must use the yellow tags. Bags tagged with yellow tags never arrive to baggage claim, they are handles "behind the scenes" so to speak. Off loaded right from the plane, to the company that handles the bags for Disney, delivered to the Resorts and then to your room. Once you take possession of them, this can no longer happen
When you ride ME you are allowed to bring your bags to the bus yourself. The driver will then store the bags under the bus for you and when you arrive at the resort he'll off load them and then you will bring them in the resort and take them to your room or drop them with bell services yourself. Do be prepared to tip if you have your bags with you, as a courtesy to those helping you with the bags along the way

Thanks! We had taken DME before but DH was just hoping that we could off-load our luggage once we checked in at the ME desk in the airport (i.e. not having to drag the luggage on and off the bus and bring it to the room so we could head straight to the parks after we pick up the MB from the resort front desk). Guess we'll just have to take it easy and take the luggage with us on the bus afterall!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! We had taken DME before but DH was just hoping that we could off-load our luggage once we checked in at the ME desk in the airport (i.e. not having to drag the luggage on and off the bus and bring it to the room so we could head straight to the parks after we pick up the MB from the resort front desk). Guess we'll just have to take it easy and take the luggage with us on the bus afterall!! :thumbsup2
Yeah, it would be nice but technically, ME and the folks that grab the bags from the airport aren't even the same company. ME is a contract handled by Mears and last I heard the luggage service was provided by a company called Bags Inc. So the folks at the ME counter can't get your bags to the Bags Inc guys. Only way that happens is if they pull them right off the plane.
This is actually one of the reasons we go on and head on to Disney, even when we arrive late. Provided it's before 10:00, they'll get our bags. We just stay at a Value resort, which I've found cheaper than they Hyatt. I have the resort hold our bags till morning and then drop our carry on with them and ask them to move everything to the next resort together.

Each guest gets 2 DME luggage tags, which is the same as the maximum number of checked bags that most airlines allow per person. If you need more, DME will provide more. DME will transport any checked luggage transported by your airline.

Since this was posted many years ago and it's not in the first post, is this still accurate? Since Southwest allows 2 bags per person, we may take advantage of that this next trip. If we can get 2 tags per person, how do we request that, since in the past, DME automatically only sends 1 per person? Thanks!

Since this was posted many years ago and it's not in the first post, is this still accurate? Since Southwest allows 2 bags per person, we may take advantage of that this next trip. If we can get 2 tags per person, how do we request that, since in the past, DME automatically only sends 1 per person? Thanks!
No, each guest gets one tag. You can call DME and ask them to send you more.

I have not used DME before. We sugned up for only the return DME, as we are staying at the Swan for the first part of our trip, POP at the end. Our trip is tomorrow and we have not gotten any tags in the mail. Advice? We are flying Southwest and will likely have more than one bag per person. Thanks!!!

I have not used DME before. We sugned up for only the return DME, as we are staying at the Swan for the first part of our trip, POP at the end. Our trip is tomorrow and we have not gotten any tags in the mail. Advice? We are flying Southwest and will likely have more than one bag per person. Thanks!!!
You won't get any tags. Those are only for your arrival into MCO. The day before your checkout day, you will get a letter, on or under your door, that tells you what time your DME bus pickup is. The next day, you can take your checked bags over to the RAC (resort airline checkin) counter...over by Luggage Assistance at Pop...and check your bags for the flight home. They will tag your bags, and give you your boarding passes. Something to remember though....I have had issues with SW boarding passes that were printed at WDW, so you may want to stop at a SW kiosk at MCO and reprint them, up to you. Then, you say goodbye to your bags. It's really curbside service except the curb is about 35 miles from the airport!!
Keep in mind that you need to be walking away from the RAC counter no less than 3 hrs prior to your flight departure. For instance, if your flight departs at 9:30am, you have to be done checking your bags no later than 6:25! Otherwise, you won't be allowed to check the bags. Also, the RAC counter is open from 5-noon. If you have a flight departing prior to 8:15, you won't be able to use RAC, and the bags will go with you to the airport.
Hope this helps a bit.

We're two weeks away from our trip and haven't received any DME tags or info. I've called multiple times and of course gotten a different answer each time. At this point should we just plan on taking care of our own bags?

We're two weeks away from our trip and haven't received any DME tags or info. I've called multiple times and of course gotten a different answer each time. At this point should we just plan on taking care of our own bags?
You don't have to do that
You can give the ME staff your claim checks. They will get your bags

Are you sure you're signed up for DME? Also, are you calling Disney or are you calling DME? (The number for DME is 866-599-0951.) As long as you're signed up, even if you don't get tags, you can still use the luggage delivery service. You just need to show your luggage claim tickets to the DME people.

You don't have to do that
You can give the ME staff your claim checks. They will get your bags
Are you sure you're signed up for DME? Also, are you calling Disney or are you calling DME? (The number for DME is 866-599-0951.) As long as you're signed up, even if you don't get tags, you can still use the luggage delivery service. You just need to show your luggage claim tickets to the DME people.
Thanks for the tips! I talked to DME directly today. They're going to send another set of tags. I'm relieved to have a back-up plan just in case though!

I had budgeted for Magical Express tips (thinking we'd have to handle our own bags all the way from Canada, but on the Canada forum, I discovered that we can clear US customs in our local Canadian airport, and the express luggage tags can work for us). So, does this mean I don't have to keep tip money for the bus driver (if we just have our backpacks with us and our suitcases are magically transported to our rooms . . . do we have to tip anyone for the luggage/transport?).

Might save those tips I budgeted in case we need to request extra towels, etc. from mousekeeping.

I had budgeted for Magical Express tips (thinking we'd have to handle our own bags all the way from Canada, but on the Canada forum, I discovered that we can clear US customs in our local Canadian airport, and the express luggage tags can work for us). So, does this mean I don't have to keep tip money for the bus driver (if we just have our backpacks with us and our suitcases are magically transported to our rooms . . . do we have to tip anyone for the luggage/transport?).

Might save those tips I budgeted in case we need to request extra towels, etc. from mousekeeping.
If DME handles your luggage, then you're good to go. If the bus driver handles any baggage, then a tip will be expected. If your carry on, for instance, was too large to keep on the bus with you, it would be stowed beneath the bus. A tip would be expected. But, if you have all your carry on stuff with you, on the bus, you'll be fine.
Now...if, for some reason, the driver provides really good service, then you could give him a few dollars. I had one driver who was incredible. He welcomed each person to his bus, he drove very competently (not too fast but not too slowly), he chatted about area landmarks and history. It was the best DME ride I've had...I now measure all rides with this one!! He didn't touch my bags, but he got a $5 tip when I got off the bus. He was shocked and incredibly thankful.

We were 9 days away from our trip before we requested ME. Any chance our tags will come on time so we don't have to worry about our luggage? Ugh! So many things to think about and I totally dropped the ball with that.

Even if you do something stupid like decide at the last min to take a smaller suitcase and forget to transfer the tag,:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1. ME can help. Last trip I , errr I mean a friend of mine, put the tags on the bags and then at the airport realize only 3 out of 4 bags had them. Went to the desk, and they found the bag. At least that's what the friend of my second cousin who is a bus driver heard. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We were 9 days away from our trip before we requested ME. Any chance our tags will come on time so we don't have to worry about our luggage? Ugh! So many things to think about and I totally dropped the ball with that.
Even if they don't, you only have to worry with your luggage if you want to worry with your luggage.
ME has a process in place for those without yellow tags. It's even included with your ME info.
You just take your claim checks to the ME staff at check in. They'll record the numbers and retrieve your bags from baggage claim and deliver them to your room, just as if you had yellow tags on them. One trip, we had a mixture, some with yellow tags and some we turned in claim checks to ME staff. The ones we gave to ME staff arrived first. Pure coincidence mind you, just saying it makes no difference in the end, they'll all get picked up and all get delivered to your room. Provided it's within Bagged delivery hours of course.

Even if they don't, you only have to worry with your luggage if you want to worry with your luggage.
ME has a process in place for those without yellow tags. It's even included with your ME info.
You just take your claim checks to the ME staff at check in. They'll record the numbers and retrieve your bags from baggage claim and deliver them to your room, just as if you had yellow tags on them. One trip, we had a mixture, some with yellow tags and some we turned in claim checks to ME staff. The ones we gave to ME staff arrived first. Pure coincidence mind you, just saying it makes no difference in the end, they'll all get picked up and all get delivered to your room. Provided it's within Bagged delivery hours of course.
Thank you for your reply!! I did not know any of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter