Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Due to hurricane Irma, I might be adding a night (room only reservation) to stay. I already have my yellow ME tags that are for my 4 night Enchanted Escape package at the same resort. Can I still use those tags for my luggage if I am arriving a day early, same resort but separate reservation?

Due to hurricane Irma, I might be adding a night (room only reservation) to stay. I already have my yellow ME tags that are for my 4 night Enchanted Escape package at the same resort. Can I still use those tags for my luggage if I am arriving a day early, same resort but separate reservation?
If the confirmation number is different no, I would not. They scan the barcode and it reads your confirmation number and if that doesn't start till the next day it can just complicate things. I don't like to complicate things in regards to my bags.
If it's the same, yes you can.
If it's different, just take claim checks to ME staff and they'll get the bags

I had budgeted for Magical Express tips (thinking we'd have to handle our own bags all the way from Canada, but on the Canada forum, I discovered that we can clear US customs in our local Canadian airport, and the express luggage tags can work for us). So, does this mean I don't have to keep tip money for the bus driver (if we just have our backpacks with us and our suitcases are magically transported to our rooms . . . do we have to tip anyone for the luggage/transport?).

Might save those tips I budgeted in case we need to request extra towels, etc. from mousekeeping.

If our room is ready when we get to the resort, and then we go to the parks, we leave a tip ($5 or so) on the bed for the person who delivers our luggage while we are gone. Usually leave a note saying thanks for taking care of our bags.

We are a party of 6--Me, Dh, and our 4 kids (M, T, D, and J)
Due to work/school situations, I will be flying to MCO on an early morning Southwest flight with two of the kids (D and J.) Dh, M, and T will be flying on an evening flight on United.
We will each have one suitcase. With Southwest, we each get two free checked bags. Dh and the kids flying on United do not get free checked bags.
So when Disney sends us those yellow luggage tags with our names printed on it--can I put Dh, M, and T's luggage tags on their bags, and check them on Southwest? Will it matter that the yellow tag says their names instead of ours? Thanks!

Due to work/school situations, I will be flying to MCO on an early morning Southwest flight with two of the kids (D and J.) Dh, M, and T will be flying on an evening flight on United.
We will each have one suitcase. With Southwest, we each get two free checked bags. Dh and the kids flying on United do not get free checked bags.
So when Disney sends us those yellow luggage tags with our names printed on it--can I put Dh, M, and T's luggage tags on their bags, and check them on Southwest? Will it matter that the yellow tag says their names instead of ours? Thanks!

If I am reading you right, it should not matter. You all are coming from the same place and in the same family, just on different flights. If you can check everyone's luggage and stay within the Southwest two-bag policy, by all means do that - if for no other reason, do it to keep from paying United luggage costs.

Just put the yellow tags on all 6 bags and check them all on Southwest. They are all going to the same place anyway and will all be delivered to your room.

If I am reading you right, it should not matter. You all are coming from the same place and in the same family, just on different flights. If you can check everyone's luggage and stay within the Southwest two-bag policy, by all means do that - if for no other reason, do it to keep from paying United luggage costs.

Just put the yellow tags on all 6 bags and check them all on Southwest. They are all going to the same place anyway and will all be delivered to your room.
Thanks!!

The travelers' names are irrelevant, the resort name printed on the tags is irrelevant. Those things are just there to make you feel comfortable. All DME cares about is the bar code which points them to your resort reservation which tells them where the bags need to go and validates the date.

You're perfectly fine (not to mention, wise) taking all the bags with you on the SW flight and avoiding the baggage fees on United.

Steve

The travelers' names are irrelevant, the resort name printed on the tags is irrelevant. Those things are just there to make you feel comfortable. All DME cares about is the bar code which points them to your resort reservation which tells them where the bags need to go and validates the date.

You're perfectly fine (not to mention, wise) taking all the bags with you on the SW flight and avoiding the baggage fees on United.

Steve
Thank you so much!

Magical Express is great when it works. We experienced a flight cancellation and had to reroute in the middle of the trip. As a result ME never picked up our bags after we finally arrived. It took a day and a half for them to finally find our bags and deliver them to the hotel. I will never use the yellow tags again.

Steve
I used to believe that only the bar code mattered. But....it's not true. The only time I've had an issue was when I did what I had been told to do...nothing. As long as any resort changes kept the same reservation number, you didn't need to make any corrections on the tag. I changed from Pop to POR, same number. However, the bag didn't go to POR, it went to Pop! And sat there, for five hrs! When we checked in at the dme podium at mco, they sent us to the Pop bus after scanning our MBs. No, we're going to POR. They finally found us in the system, saying good thing we didn't have tagged bags. Oh, but we did. Our guest had arrived on a different flight, we had arrived from Tampa with a car, so had our bags with us. The friend had one checked bag. So, the CM went away to do something, came back and said we would be fine now...it was all corrected in the system. Not. We had to make several calls to Luggage Assistance. They kept saying the bag wasn't there yet. Finally, at 1:30am, the bag arrived. I was told that the Pop should have been crossed off and POR written in! I was told that same thing by at least five people on that trip. It would seem that they don't scan tags nearly as much as they would have us believe.

I just called and booked our trip to coronado springs as well as our flight. we leave Oct. 29. I don't see my flight or DME on my disney experience and I don't know where to find to link it with BME. She did not ask about magical express. Was it done, or do I have to call again (UGH Canadian here :( )

I just called and booked our trip to coronado springs as well as our flight. we leave Oct. 29. I don't see my flight or DME on my disney experience and I don't know where to find to link it with BME. She did not ask about magical express. Was it done, or do I have to call again (UGH Canadian here :( )

If she didn't ask about magical express, I would assume it wasn't added. Just call DME direct - 866-599-0951.

Magical Express is great when it works. We experienced a flight cancellation and had to reroute in the middle of the trip. As a result ME never picked up our bags after we finally arrived. It took a day and a half for them to finally find our bags and deliver them to the hotel. I will never use the yellow tags again.
Technically ME doesn't get bags at all. A company called Bags Inc has the contract to handle and deliver the bags. Unfortunately they do make mistakes. Fortunately they are rare.

It would be helpful to others here if you'd provide info about what went wrong. Maybe others can avoid the same situation

Did your flight arrive after 10:00 PM due to delays? Any clues as to what caused the bags to not be picked up? It's highly unusual for bags that arrive during regular operating hours you never be picked up

As Canadian do you complete online check-in? That is the only place to see any thing about ME. It lists it under Resort Arrival Time. But as PP said, if you didn't give them your flight info they don't have it

You should be able to complete it online instead of having to call
See if this works
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

we don't get yellow tags cause we are coming from ireland but i was told by magical express that if i give in the baggage barcodes at check in they will get my bags for me!! Has anyone ever done this before and if so how did it work out??

we don't get yellow tags cause we are coming from ireland but i was told by magical express that if i give in the baggage barcodes at check in they will get my bags for me!! Has anyone ever done this before and if so how did it work out??

That's been an option since magical express started - it won't be a problem.

As Canadian do you complete online check-in? That is the only place to see any thing about ME. It lists it under Resort Arrival Time. But as PP said, if you didn't give them your flight info they don't have it

I do the online check-in even though we have to go to the desk to get our bands. It makes it a bit faster. I haven't done it yet...been busy with SDR's and FP's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!