Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Looking for a recommendation. We arrive at MCO at 9:00PM. Would you tag the bags and let DME handle the bags to your resort or would you not tag and collect the bags at baggage claim? The 10pm window seems close and I certainly don't want to get my bags at the next day.

Looking for a recommendation. We arrive at MCO at 9:00PM. Would you tag the bags and let DME handle the bags to your resort or would you not tag and collect the bags at baggage claim? The 10pm window seems close and I certainly don't want to get my bags at the next day.
I would leave the tags off and collect them. I tend to do that whenever I arrive later than 7pm. It's just easier. If you arrive at 9, your bags might not get to you until close to midnight. Most people don't want them that late!!! If you leave the tags off, and get them yourselves, you'll have them when you get to the room. You can get settled in, then get a decent night's sleep.
Be aware though...if you bring your bags to the bus with you, the driver will expect a gratuity for baggage handling. I usually go with a buck a bag. Three bags get $5.

I would leave the tags off and collect them. I tend to do that whenever I arrive later than 7pm. It's just easier. If you arrive at 9, your bags might not get to you until close to midnight. Most people don't want them that late!!! If you leave the tags off, and get them yourselves, you'll have them when you get to the room. You can get settled in, then get a decent night's sleep.
Be aware though...if you bring your bags to the bus with you, the driver will expect a gratuity for baggage handling. I usually go with a buck a bag. Three bags get $5.

Agree! Last time we landed around 9:00 pm our luggage arrived about 1:00 am, and we had an early park day the next day. Never again!

Agree! Last time we landed around 9:00 pm our luggage arrived about 1:00 am, and we had an early park day the next day. Never again!

Thanks for the input! My concerns have been confirmed.

I don't ever get my own bags. I also don't need my bags that night so I simply have bell services hold my bags till morning. MCO's design is pretty poor as there are 2 sides of bag claim. You can end up having to trek up stairs, across the airport and back down stairs, with your bags, if you are on the "unlucky side". Not to mention waiting on bags at night when all I want to do is get to Disney.

Is it possible to get from the DME drop off at the airport to the rental car counters? Is it easy? Someone in our group had a change of plans and is renting a car from the airport instead of flying.

Is it possible to get from the DME drop off at the airport to the rental car counters? Is it easy? Someone in our group had a change of plans and is renting a car from the airport instead of flying.

Yes, you're dropped off just down the way from the DME area on level 1 side b

Will I get any sort of notification that our DME luggage tags have shipped or do they just show up?

-

Those aren't the DME tags; they're just regular luggage tags that you put your name and address on. The DME tags look like the tags that the airline puts on your luggage, except they're yellow and have the name of your hotel on it rather than the airport code. It doesn't sound like you signed up for DME. You need to call 866-599-0951 to sign up - I think you should have enough time to get the tags, but even if you don't, you can still use DME as well as the luggage delivery service. You don't need the luggage tags to use DME - once you're signed up, you just need to go to the DME counter and they'll scan your magic band. If you don't get the DME tags, you just need to give them the receipts from your checked luggage.

Thank you! The yellow ones came in the mail yesterday.

Will I get any sort of notification that our DME luggage tags have shipped or do they just show up?

Funny I asked about this yesterday; our tags showed up in the mail when I got home from work!

I honestly haven't opened them yet as I was beat after cooking and cleaning up after dinner, so that'll be fun later. I'm sure I'll go ahead and put them on our suitcases!

I signed up for DME then changed my reservation to another resort. I apparently forgot to rebook DME. I woke up in the middle of the night 14 days out just realizing I hadn't received any confirmation letter or bag tags. I called and got set up and they said they would be mailing it and I "should" get it in time. Has anyone booked last minute that can give me an idea how quickly the documents might arrive. 14 days out was a Saturday, so the earliest they could mail them would've been 12 days out. We're in the NW USA and not sure if they ship from FL or elsewhere.

I signed up for DME then changed my reservation to another resort. I apparently forgot to rebook DME. I woke up in the middle of the night 14 days out just realizing I hadn't received any confirmation letter or bag tags. I called and got set up and they said they would be mailing it and I "should" get it in time. Has anyone booked last minute that can give me an idea how quickly the documents might arrive. 14 days out was a Saturday, so the earliest they could mail them would've been 12 days out. We're in the NW USA and not sure if they ship from FL or elsewhere.

10 business days aka 2 weeks

Remember it won't matter if you don't get tags. All you have to do is give the staff at the ME check in your claim checks and they can still get your bags

Getting in a little after 6 and trying to get to Disney in time to see fireworks. Can we Uber to resort and have DME collect and deliver bags? I.e. do we have to ride the bus in order to take advantage of the luggage service?

Did you get your original yellow bag tags?
I just changed resorts for our upcoming trip and the girl on the phone who switched my reservation told me to use the original tags I already received. She told me it doesn't matter which resort the tag says it's going to, it's scanned and goes off your reservation number, so therefore routed correctly.
I hope this is true.... has anyone else had this experience? Or should I call DME and confirm just to be on the safe side?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!