Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I just changed our flight home to a later, cheaper flight. However I had already registered for DME under our old flight and have our yellow luggage tags for the flights. Our flight down hasn't changed. Should I wait and talk to Disney at our resort about the change going home ? Will this change affect our flight down?

The flight change going home will not affect the DME experience going down. There's no reason to be concerned about that. Just call DME directly (866 599-0951) and let them know of the change to your return flight. They do need to know that so they can get you on the correct bus back to the airport.

DO NOT call Disney's reservation line. The CMs there do not have access to the DME system. All they know how to do is fill out a form and send it to DME. (DME is actually a separate company under contract to Disney.) The reservation CMs generally have zero knowledge or understanding of how DME works. DME will take care of it for you in less than 5 minutes. Just give them your resort reservation number and the new flight info.

Steve

The flight change going home will not affect the DME experience going down. There's no reason to be concerned about that. Just call DME directly (866 599-0951) and let them know of the change to your return flight. They do need to know that so they can get you on the correct bus back to the airport.

DO NOT call Disney's reservation line. The CMs there do not have access to the DME system. All they know how to do is fill out a form and send it to DME. (DME is actually a separate company under contract to Disney.) The reservation CMs generally have zero knowledge or understanding of how DME works. DME will take care of it for you in less than 5 minutes. Just give them your resort reservation number and the new flight info.

Steve
Thank you!! Just called!

Just received our Magical Express Confirmation in the mail for our Christmas trip.

For past trips, we'd receive a big confirmation with our names and flight numbers. This time around, we got a half of a piece of paper and just the luggage tags. Has Disney changed what it sends you? Just wanna make sure we don't have any hiccups.

Another question... we leave tomorrow afternoon!!! So we have out luggage tags, but have now decided to check an extra bag - we only have tags for 3 - and there isn't enough time to get another tag sent to us (obviously). So, we will have to pick up that untagged suitcase. When we get to the DME, will it go on the bus with us, or do they put luggage below the bus?

Another question... we leave tomorrow afternoon!!! So we have out luggage tags, but have now decided to check an extra bag - we only have tags for 3 - and there isn't enough time to get another tag sent to us (obviously). So, we will have to pick up that untagged suitcase. When we get to the DME, will it go on the bus with us, or do they put luggage below the bus?
You do not have to pick up the untagged bag
You do need to keep the claim check for the untagged bag separate from the others
When you get to the ME check in you give them the claim check and they will get your bag for you

Just received our Magical Express Confirmation in the mail for our Christmas trip.

For past trips, we'd receive a big confirmation with our names and flight numbers. This time around, we got a half of a piece of paper and just the luggage tags. Has Disney changed what it sends you? Just wanna make sure we don't have any hiccups.
What we got for this past trip just a few weeks ago, is the luggage tags and one piece of paper with flight numbers on them, guest names, and then on the flip side a map of how to get to DME once at the airport.

With most folks having full color printers at home could you not print a copy of the luggage tag on card stock. Print front and back. Cut out and paste together. Now you have an additional luggage tag for the trip.

With most folks having full color printers at home could you not print a copy of the luggage tag on card stock. Print front and back. Cut out and paste together. Now you have an additional luggage tag for the trip.
Yeah, if you have a copier or printer at home you can
Just do NOT cut one of the ones you have in half (per instructions on the tag)

Yeah, if you have a copier or printer at home you can
Just do NOT cut one of the ones you have in half (per instructions on the tag)
So this is verified to work? We got the luggage tags for people in one of the two rooms we booked. Second rooms tags never arrived even after calling and requesting them a second time.

So we could copy the tags for our first room and put them on luggage for second room and they'll all show up in the first room? That would work well if the answer is YES. TIA

So this is verified to work? We got the luggage tags for people in one of the two rooms we booked. Second rooms tags never arrived even after calling and requesting them a second time.

So we could copy the tags for our first room and put them on luggage for second room and they'll all show up in the first room? That would work well if the answer is YES. TIA
Yes. There is no limit to how many bags a guest is allowed
If you have 5 then tag 5

If your at Disney staying in one of their resorts and have a Disney cruise booked can you use the Cruise line shuttle to get to Port Canaveral? I was going to drive to Disney and then take the bus down to the cruise. Or maybe fly into Sanford and take a uber to the resort and then take the Cruise line bus to Port Canaveral. Can I do this?

The cost for DCL transfers between MCO or WDW and Port Canaveral is $39 one way, per person, so $78 round trip.

Question... I added my sister to my existing reservation a few weeks after I originally booked it. I just received my Magical Express Mail with my paperwork and luggage tag, but hers was not in it. Will I get a second mailing with her stuff in it? We are 29 days out right now. I’m thinking if I don’t get anything this week, I should call. Thoughts?

Question... I added my sister to my existing reservation a few weeks after I originally booked it. I just received my Magical Express Mail with my paperwork and luggage tag, but hers was not in it. Will I get a second mailing with her stuff in it? We are 29 days out right now. I’m thinking if I don’t get anything this week, I should call. Thoughts?
When you say you added your sister to your existing reservation, do you mean the resort reservation or your MDE reservation? If you just added her to the resort res, then it's understandable that you didn't get tags for her from DME - it's not an automatic thing. If you specifically made a separate DME reservation for your sister, that's a different situation.

In either case, the solution is the same - call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Do not call Disney reservations as they can't really help you other than to fill out a form and send it to DME. DME is a separate company, not owned or operated by Disney (Disney just contracts with them for the service). Calling DME is a quick way to solve the issue. Have your resort reservation number handy.

Steve

When you say you added your sister to your existing reservation, do you mean the resort reservation or your MDE reservation? If you just added her to the resort res, then it's understandable that you didn't get tags for her from DME - it's not an automatic thing. If you specifically made a separate DME reservation for your sister, that's a different situation.

In either case, the solution is the same - call DME directly at 866 599-0951. Do not call Disney reservations as they can't really help you other than to fill out a form and send it to DME. DME is a separate company, not owned or operated by Disney (Disney just contracts with them for the service). Calling DME is a quick way to solve the issue. Have your resort reservation number handy.

Steve

Thanks. I added her to the resort reservation and on the same call, added Magical Express Service for her. The rep said she copied the flight info for her. Thanks for the phone number!

I have a split stay on rented DVC points, and my luggage tags and DME info arrived today. My concern is that only my arrival flight info is included. My departure flight info is blank on the paperwork. Will this come at a later time, or has something been missed with the split stay?

I have a split stay on rented DVC points, and my luggage tags and DME info arrived today. My concern is that only my arrival flight info is included. My departure flight info is blank on the paperwork. Will this come at a later time, or has something been missed with the split stay?

What you're seeing is the information associated with the first stay - so just the arrival information as you're not using DME to return to MCO on this reservation. Theoretically, your return flight is associated with the second part of your split stay, which is a separate reservation number. You will not get a separate packet for the return trip, so don't look for one. if you want to make sure that the return trip is set up properly, just call DME directly (866 599-0951) and have them verify it - make sure you give them the confirmation number of the second stay. If for some reason it hasn't been set up, they can do if for you right then.

Steve

What you're seeing is the information associated with the first stay - so just the arrival information as you're not using DME to return to MCO on this reservation. Theoretically, your return flight is associated with the second part of your split stay, which is a separate reservation number. You will not get a separate packet for the return trip, so don't look for one. if you want to make sure that the return trip is set up properly, just call DME directly (866 599-0951) and have them verify it - make sure you give them the confirmation number of the second stay. If for some reason it hasn't been set up, they can do if for you right then.

Steve
Thank you, Steve!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!