Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two more weeks! I'm getting pretty excited and also a little nervous. I have so far not really loved any of the deluxe resorts I've stayed at but I have adored the moderates... I am so hoping Poly changes that and I fall in love with it!

Try not to be nervous, the Poly is an amazing/beautiful resort! Have a great trip :wizard:.

The best way to deal with post Disney blues is to book the next trip ;).

We just got back today too. I'll cry with you ..... :sad:

The Poly was lovely as usual. Our only complaint was the pillows - they were awful. We all woke up with stiff necks each morning!

Sorry about the pillows, but glad you had a nice trip :).

I wish I was still here .....

View attachment 263255

Nice pic! I think it's time to plan/book the next trip ::yes::.

We are heading out tomorrow and just wondering about ME luggage delivery. We land at 3:45 when will I get my bags if I put the yellow tags on? Also I'm doing an instacart delivery from publix anyone else try this?

Dansdad answered your DME question, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :yay:.

I took this picture last week and I thought it was funny because it looks like the crane is reading the sign.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Earlier this week a poster asked about the equipment over by the Pineapple Lanai. This was it.
And I do think it had to do with the ventilation for 'Ohana. Later in the week I noticed a very new, shiny looking box-shaped vent right above where the 'Ohana fire pit is located and it was smoking away!

View attachment 263263 View attachment 263264
We were walking to Captain Cooks Tuesday or Wednesday night and seen a lady taking pictures of those. Could it of been you? I cant remember which night it was for sure.

I remember how much I enjoyed talking with you at the Hidden Springs pool while Adam enjoyed the pool. I can understand why it would be hard for you to return there. :(

There are showers in bathrooms on Volcano side of pool located under Volcano so they are a bit dark and damp, but clean. I would just take a few extra towels in with me to sit/step on while dressing. You will love Poly it's beautiful and really relaxing and great views of fireworks from Poly beach and numerous other areas. Adam and I loved taking the boat or monorail to MK and it's so easy to get to EPCOT as well. Lovely walk over to GF or one stop away on the monorail. Also they have security right when you get on monorail to MK so when you arrive at MK you just bypass bag check area and go right into park.

We were walking to Captain Cooks Tuesday or Wednesday night and seen a lady taking pictures of those. Could it of been you? I cant remember which night it was for sure.

According to the date/time stamp on the pictures it was Monday around 6:30pm.

There are showers in bathrooms on Volcano side of pool located under Volcano so they are a bit dark and damp, but clean. I would just take a few extra towels in with me to sit/step on while dressing. You will love Poly it's beautiful and really relaxing and great views of fireworks from Poly beach and numerous other areas. Adam and I loved taking the boat or monorail to MK and it's so easy to get to EPCOT as well. Lovely walk over to GF or one stop away on the monorail. Also they have security right when you get on monorail to MK so when you arrive at MK you just bypass bag check area and go right into park.
Thanks for checking out the showers. I think we decided not to do a split stay after all.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. :)

I posted all my Poly pictures on the Poly picture thread on the resorts community board or should I post them here?

Yesterday we had a full 8 hours at the waterpark and loved it. Only problem was the kids didn't want to stop to eat much lunch!!! So we arrived back at our room around 7:15pm and ordered the Polynesian Feast! Whoa! It was awesome!! I did get cheeseburgers for my littles, but the one feast was way more then enough for me, my 9 year old son, who is a big and adventurous eater, and DH! DH and I agreed best money spent! They said it would be a 40-50 minute wait which was okay with us since we were taking showers, however they were here in 25 minutes!!

If you already posted them elsewhere, can you put a link to your post here?? Thanks!!!

If you wanted to post them here too, that'd be fine, too! :sunny:

I agree, it's ok to post here as well :).

Yesterday we had a full 8 hours at the waterpark and loved it. Only problem was the kids didn't want to stop to eat much lunch!!! So we arrived back at our room around 7:15pm and ordered the Polynesian Feast! Whoa! It was awesome!! I did get cheeseburgers for my littles, but the one feast was way more then enough for me, my 9 year old son, who is a big and adventurous eater, and DH! DH and I agreed best money spent! They said it would be a 40-50 minute wait which was okay with us since we were taking showers, however they were here in 25 minutes!!

Thanks for checking in! Glad you enjoyed the feast. We are booked for another Poly stay next year and the feast is on our list to try. Enjoy the rest of your trip :goodvibes.

Does anyone know if they still go around and give wristbands to people at the pool? I am staying for a week over the labor day weekend and I worry that too many people will try to eat up the chairs that really do not belong there in the first place.

Does anyone know if they still go around and give wristbands to people at the pool? I am staying for a week over the labor day weekend and I worry that too many people will try to eat up the chairs that really do not belong there in the first place.

We were at the Poly last week and spent a lot of time at the volcano pool (it was HOT!) and we were never given wristbands.

We were there last week and you had to use your magic band to get in

We were there a month ago for ten days and probably visited the pool eight of those days and we were never given wrist bands. The Oasis pool opened at 7:00am everyday and I did swim a few days at that time and I would say about half the chairs were "taken" by people that would come in and put towels on them and then leave. I would watch them. By 8:00am when I was leaving, most chairs were taken, by "towels" or "actual people." Oddly enough, I usually was able to at least find two chairs together at the volcano pool, no matter when we arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter