Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Disney's site:

The Epcot Monorail and the Express Monorail originate at the TTC and offer express round-trip service to Epcot and Magic Kingdom park. The Walt Disney WorldMonorail System operates from 30 minutes prior to earliest park opening until onehour after latest park closing.

It's very unfortunate Disney puts that statement in so many places because it's highly inaccurate. The best source is the weekly Times Guide I referenced in the prior post. Disney has a bad habit of putting incorrect transportation info in various places... it's very frustrating.

For example, even in the Times Guide it says buses start 45 minutes prior to park opening, which is laughably wrong too!

It's very unfortunate Disney puts that statement in so many places because it's highly inaccurate. The best source is the weekly Times Guide I referenced in the prior post. Disney has a bad habit of putting incorrect transportation info in various places... it's very frustrating.

For example, even in the Times Guide it says buses start 45 minutes prior to park opening, which is laughably wrong too!
Yeah, I know they're great at being inaccurate, but I would hope the monorail would start operating at least a little bit prior to park opening. I'm surprsied there are times when it not going prior to their park open.

Yeah, I know they're great at being inaccurate, but I would hope the monorail would start operating at least a little bit prior to park opening. I'm surprsied there are times when it not going prior to their park open.

That's pretty rare these days. There was a time in the last few years where they were doing a lot of work on the lines and they had odd hours, late starts, etc that definitely got in the way. You typically don't see that anymore. Even in the example @Cluelyss mentioned above, the Epcot line started at 8AM for a 9AM park opening. In that situation, it would negatively impact people trying to get there at 8AM for a PPO ADR, but not the much larger population heading to Epcot for regular park opening.

Although to be safe (and so you don't come back yelling at me!) I do always like to put the YMMV caveat in there and point out to always double-check the Times Guide since things do change week to week. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

That's pretty rare these days. There was a time in the last few years where they were doing a lot of work on the lines and they had odd hours, late starts, etc that definitely got in the way. You typically don't see that anymore. Even in the example @Cluelyss mentioned above, the Epcot line started at 8AM for a 9AM park opening. In that situation, it would negatively impact people trying to get there at 8AM for a PPO ADR, but not the much larger population heading to Epcot for regular park opening.

Although to be safe (and so you don't come back yelling at me!) I do always like to put the YMMV caveat in there and point out to always double-check the Times Guide since things do change week to week. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Ah, didn't catch that it was for a 9 am park opening! I was thinking it was 8 am. We'll definitely grab a times guide when we get there.

Hey friends, quick question. I have a stay booked in the villas (studio) this coming February. Recently I purchased a Touring Plans account and would like to use the room request feature since Disney only has "upper floor," "lower floor," or "near elevator" as options, and I want to be able to request a specific building. I can't find the answer to this on the Touring Plans website, but if I request a room through them, can I also put in a request with Disney at online check in, assuming the request matches the request I sent through Touring Plans (i.e. my Disney request is upper floor, but my TP request is upper floor AND in a specific building), or should I just do TP?

Hey friends, quick question. I have a stay booked in the villas (studio) this coming February. Recently I purchased a Touring Plans account and would like to use the room request feature since Disney only has "upper floor," "lower floor," or "near elevator" as options, and I want to be able to request a specific building. I can't find the answer to this on the Touring Plans website, but if I request a room through them, can I also put in a request with Disney at online check in, assuming the request matches the request I sent through Touring Plans (i.e. my Disney request is upper floor, but my TP request is upper floor AND in a specific building), or should I just do TP?
I've had great success using the TP request...don't make any requests through Disney.

Agree with the mc-hokie above. We are at the Poly right now (hotel side) and got the EXACT room we requested using the Touring Plans fax service. Our TA also noted on our reservation that we would like first floor in one of two buildings, but that request was far wider in scope. I did not make any requests through online check in.

FWIW this is the second trip in a row we have received the exact room we asked for through TP. So it would appear that at least sometimes, the Touring Plans faxes are considered by the room assigner. Good luck!!

Thanks! Follow-up question, and I'm guessing the answer is no. Does Touring Plans tell you if another user with your dates is requesting the same room? I'm guessing not but that would be a cool feature.

Thanks! Follow-up question, and I'm guessing the answer is no. Does Touring Plans tell you if another user with your dates is requesting the same room? I'm guessing not but that would be a cool feature.

Your guess is correct

It would be a cool feature though!

I hope this is not a silly question or just being paranoid but is it safe to give out your reservation number to touring plans. I guess they can't do anything with it but just wanted to ask. Was thinking of doing a room request. Thanks

I hope this is not a silly question or just being paranoid but is it safe to give out your reservation number to touring plans. I guess they can't do anything with it but just wanted to ask. Was thinking of doing a room request. Thanks
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Many people use this service.

Regarding the fax request... Will I have better luck having touring plans request our room than if I sent the fax over myself???

I really appreciate all the great info you Poly experts are sharing! Even though we stayed there in May, I knew nothing except to request specific buildings. Our request was granted but this will be a first requesting a certain room range.

We've stayed at the Poly 5 times and we have never had problems with housekeeping. The only time I saw the lobby uncomfortably crowded was one night when it was pouring down rain and it was check in time for the Luau, so there were just TONS of people milling around in there trying to stay out of the rain.

Enjoy your trip.

In all my Poly trips Ive never had an issue with mousekeeping or crowds either..

Just received this email about our upcoming February stay at the Poly.

Thank you for choosing Disney's Polynesian Village Resort as your vacation destination. We are delighted to share our signature blend of South Pacific charm and Disney hospitality with you.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Oasis Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please contact your travel agent directly.

General Manager Victor Yordan and the team at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Needless to say we are VERY disappointed. Having two young boys, this was the main reason we booked the Poly. Ugh. Has anyone else received this email? Does anyone know if the splash pad will be open or not?

Has anyone received an email about the lava pool being closed in February? Someone in my February group got one and their travel dates are 2/10-2/17.

Email:
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that the Lava Pool and waterslide will be unavailable due to routine maintenance. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at Oasis Pool. Please know that all of our dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.
While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding

Needless to say we are VERY disappointed. Having two young boys, this was the main reason we booked the Poly. Ugh. Has anyone else received this email? Does anyone know if the splash pad will be open or not?
We posted the same time. What are your dates? I’m 1/27-2/2 and didn’t get anything yet.

We are booked there from 1/14-1/20, and I haven't gotten an email. When is your stay? We already switched to Poly from GF because of renovations to the Beach Pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!