Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am upset about the pool closures. I planned a resort day on 2/5 and planned to use the Lava pool if the weather was decent. Now if I try to change our resort day to 2/4 I have to cancel the dining and FP+ and may not be able to get something comparable. I think what is most upsetting is that they don't announce this enough in advance. If I knew months ago I could have planned around it better.
I u fees tans disappointment over something being diff than you’re expecting. When we were there in June we didn’t even go to the Lava pool. We loved the Oasis pool. I love the zero entry area for the Little’s. There’s plenty of seating. It’s nice. I hope you have fun! And I hope you actually get swimming weather! I leave the 4th so I hope I get it too!!

Hi all!! I’m very excited to say that I just booked my first ever stay at the Polynesian! I’ve always wanted to stay there. We will be going in late October 2018.

We have a son who will be just shy of 3 at the time of the trip. Are there any locations that are better or worse as far as noise is concerned? He will be going to bed early, probably before 8 each night. We have booked a standard room. I was considering requesting Rarotonga 1st floor. Is that a good idea or no?

Hi all!! I’m very excited to say that I just booked my first ever stay at the Polynesian! I’ve always wanted to stay there. We will be going in late October 2018.

We have a son who will be just shy of 3 at the time of the trip. Are there any locations that are better or worse as far as noise is concerned? He will be going to bed early, probably before 8 each night. We have booked a standard room. I was considering requesting Rarotonga 1st floor. Is that a good idea or no?

I can't speak to Raratonga, but two years ago we stayed in Room 1309 on the first floor of Fiji, not marina facing, and it was surprisingly quiet. We heard very muted sounds from the luau, but overall we were really pleased with the location. There wasn't a lot of foot traffic from other guests.

Hey guys! Booked a standard villa for our upcoming trip. Any recommendations of what building/view to request or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks in advance!!!
I just booked my first villa as well, stayed at the Poly plenty but always in Hawaii Longhouse so this will be different... I know I am requesting Moorea upper floor to avoid getting a parking lot view like you can from Pago Pago... Tokelau is nice too..

Yes - it's the same type of coffee maker in standard rooms, too. The villas/bungalows are the exception.
What coffee maker does the villas have? Even tho we will have the dining plan and refillable mug DH and I will need coffee upon waking..lol

I just booked my first villa as well, stayed at the Poly plenty but always in Hawaii Longhouse so this will be different... I know I am requesting Moorea upper floor to avoid getting a parking lot view like you can from Pago Pago... Tokelau is nice too..

Thank you very much for your reply! I truly appreciate your help!!!!!

Standard rooms in Moorea are very nice, but just so there aren't surprises: you can see the parking lot from many Moorea rooms. I could clearly see it from a 2nd floor room near the elevator. That said, they're still nice views, as there's a lot of greenery between your room and the parking lot (unlike Pago Pago parking lot rooms). So I'm not trying to be alarmist, and I'd be happy with a Moorea standard view room any day! I just wanted to make sure people's expectations are correct in regards to the parking lot.

Standard rooms in Moorea are very nice, but just so there aren't surprises: you can see the parking lot from many Moorea rooms. I could clearly see it from a 2nd floor room near the elevator. That said, they're still nice views, as there's a lot of greenery between your room and the parking lot (unlike Pago Pago parking lot rooms). So I'm not trying to be alarmist, and I'd be happy with a Moorea standard view room any day! I just wanted to make sure people's expectations are correct in regards to the parking lot.

Hey there! Would you say Moorea or Tokelau is the better pick?

Hey there! Would you say Moorea or Tokelau is the better pick?

I think there are pros/cons of requesting both. Tokelau has some of the best views, especially choice lake end rooms that I think actually have better lake views than some of the 1st floor rooms in Moorea that are categorized as "lake view." The problem is that it seems like everybody asks for Tokelau, so it may be a safer bet to ask for Moorea if you're hoping to get your request (and thereby avoid Pago Pago parking lot). I think the Moorea rooms are all very nice, but you miss out on a chance at the spectacular Tokelau lake end rooms. Tokelau also has some rooms that look at the back of the pool building, which I wouldn't care for personally.

I'd check the views from Touring Plans and see what you think: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort

I think there are pros/cons of requesting both. Tokelau has some of the best views, especially choice lake end rooms that I think actually have better lake views than some of the 1st floor rooms in Moorea that are categorized as "lake view." The problem is that it seems like everybody asks for Tokelau, so it may be a safer bet to ask for Moorea if you're hoping to get your request (and thereby avoid Pago Pago parking lot). I think the Moorea rooms are all very nice, but you miss out on a chance at the spectacular Tokelau lake end rooms. Tokelau also has some rooms that look at the back of the pool building, which I wouldn't care for personally.

I'd check the views from Touring Plans and see what you think: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort

Thanks so much! I'll talk to my DH and see which location he likes and go from there! Going to look up both now! Thanks again.

Thanks so much! I'll talk to my DH and see which location he likes and go from there! Going to look up both now! Thanks again.
I vote Tokelau. Great location and views. Many have partial view of the fireworks. You can also watch from the staircase on the end near the water.

The villas are further from boat dock but rally close to ttc. Walking to ttc for Epcot monorail is very quick and convenient.

I vote Tokelau. Great location and views. Many have partial view of the fireworks. You can also watch from the staircase on the end near the water.

The villas are further from boat dock but rally close to ttc. Walking to ttc for Epcot monorail is very quick and convenient.

Thank you so much!! Very helpful information!!!

Not related to the location but I’d bring a noise maker- white noise machine or download an app on your phone. We do this and it helps with people, fireworks and electric light parade noise.

Now I'm undecided lol.. Had my mind set on Moorea when I read Tikiman site but now... Then again like kungaloosh22 said everyone and their mother :o probably asks for Tokelau...things that make you go hmmm...:crazy:

I certainly don't mind the walk to the GCH and we use to always walk from Hawaii to TTC to go to EP..

Hey guys! I have another question I was hoping someone could answer for me! This will be our 1st stay as DVC members :darth: ... just wondering if we check in at the front desk or is there another location? Thanks so much!

Hey guys! I have another question I was hoping someone could answer for me! This will be our 1st stay as DVC members :darth: ... just wondering if we check in at the front desk or is there another location? Thanks so much!
Poly only has one lobby. So check in at main lobby. If you do online checkin you may get the text with room number . Tikiman pages and others have list of room numbers. I know I posted a copy back in October for my last poly stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts