Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple room service questions. Can you get room service delivered to the pool? If you happen to get table at the pool... We want to get the twilight feast. If not room is fine. Also anyone ever order the room service traditional cheese pizza? Wondering if it's regular or flatbread. Asking for my son who doesn't want flatbread. (we could always walk over the GF who I think has regular pizza). Thanks!!!!

I have a couple room service questions. Can you get room service delivered to the pool? If you happen to get table at the pool... We want to get the twilight feast. If not room is fine. Also anyone ever order the room service traditional cheese pizza? Wondering if it's regular or flatbread. Asking for my son who doesn't want flatbread. (we could always walk over the GF who I think has regular pizza). Thanks!!!!

Someone on another thread recommended Flipper's Pizza as a pretty decent pizza to get delivered (better than on-site options in his/her opinion). You have to go the GCH to get it from the driver. We have reserved a poolside patio at the Oasis pool on our "down" days so those will be the evenings we get the twilight feast, order pizza delivered, etc. That way we know we'll have chairs and a spot to sit.

Garden view CL room recommendations?

Haven't been at the resort in 10 years

All garden view CL rooms face the Oasis Pool. Most folks will likely focus their requests on floor preference. First floor has patios, third floor has balconies, second floor does not have an outdoor space. Personally, I’d rather be on the third floor for the balcony, with first floor as a back-up request.

The only rooms I think are a bit inferior are the first 1-2 rooms on the left end of the yellow box below. Those rooms look more straight at Somoa and a service entrance below. But I’m not sure if I’d really try to craft a request avoiding them.

Hope that helps!

Poly GV CL.jpg

I just noticed that the bungalows are fully booked over Columbus Day weekend. Anyone have a sense as to whether this is typical? They seem to stay open for a really long time generally, and last year we booked one for W&D weekend at 7mos.

Wondering if their vacancy rates are going down at all and whether I’ll still have a shot come Apr 1st. A tiny part of me is wondering if the option to buy extra FPs is helping to get these rooms booked, but my gut says that’s too small a factor that hasn’t even been publicized much.

Edited to clarify re: FP purchase

Last edited:
I just noticed that the bungalows are fully booked over Columbus Day weekend. Anyone have a sense as to whether this is typical? They seem to stay open for a really long time generally, and last year we booked one for W&D weekend at 7mos.

Wondering if their vacancy rates are going down at all and whether I’ll still have a shot come Apr 1st. A tiny part of me is wondering if the club level designation and this option to buy FPs is helping to get these rooms booked, but my gut says that’s too small a factor that hasn’t even been publicized much.

Question - I knew they were eligible for the paid FP trial program, but by CL designation do you mean access to the lounge, CL amenities, etc? I hadn’t heard that if so (could have missed it of course). Thanks!

Question - I knew they were eligible for the paid FP trial program, but by CL designation do you mean access to the lounge, CL amenities, etc? I hadn’t heard that if so (could have missed it of course). Thanks!
Oh no — sorry for confusion! JUST that they are eligible to buy the extra FPs.

I edited my post to clarify — thanks!! :)

You pay that much for those bungalow they should allow you into the club lounge.
Lol! I agree! :)

We’ve only done it on DVC points over a race weekend. We’ve used our SSR points this way over the last couple of years, keeping our BLT points for our longer summer trip.

There’s really no justifying the cost — it’s looney. But rather than using half the points on another room and renting half our points, we splurge this way. (But I still think it’s crazy that we do, on some level!!)

Lol! I agree! :)

We’ve only done it on DVC points over a race weekend. We’ve used our SSR points this way over the last couple of years, keeping our BLT points for our longer summer trip.

There’s really no justifying the cost — it’s looney. But rather than using half the points on another room and renting half our points, we splurge this way. (But I still think it’s crazy that we do, on some level!!)

How does the points compare to those of other 2 bedroom rooms? I am staying in a studio but if I had more family coming I would think about it when compared to like a treehouse or something.

How does the points compare to those of other 2 bedroom rooms? I am staying in a studio but if I had more family coming I would think about it when compared to like a treehouse or something.
It’s ridiculous. The bungalow is roughly the point value of a 3BR at BLT or GF. Crazy.

But for W&D, we do lots of F&W, and love being able to walk to TTC. Makes us one monorail away from MK and Epcot, especially valuable during a really short trip.

We use the two bungalow BRs and my sister uses the pullout. Kids use the little pool at every hotel break and we get great use out of the place. Still a splurge — no other way to look at it IMO.

It’s ridiculous. The bungalow is roughly the point value of a 3BR at BLT or GF. Crazy.

But for W&D, we do lots of F&W, and love being able to walk to TTC. Makes us one monorail away from MK and Epcot, especially valuable during a really short trip.

We use the two bungalow BRs and my sister uses the pullout. Kids use the little pool at every hotel break and we get great use out of the place. Still a splurge — no other way to look at it IMO.

Wow. It seems like such a magical experience though but I wonder how the ones at Wilderness are.

First time Poly stay. We are booked for the Bungalows for two nights in September on DVC points. I have been ignoring the CL FP for purchase info because it was never applicable to us. Are you saying that any booking of the Bungalows qualifies for FP purchase benefit? Thanks!

First time Poly stay. We are booked for the Bungalows for two nights in September on DVC points. I have been ignoring the CL FP for purchase info because it was never applicable to us. Are you saying that any booking of the Bungalows qualifies for FP purchase benefit? Thanks!

For the cost of it you should get 6 free extra FP lol

Wow. It seems like such a magical experience though but I wonder how the ones at Wilderness are.
To give you an idea... this is for the first weekend in November 2018, point values are for a Fri or Sat PER NIGHT... (showing this since this is the period I've been looking at)...

So you can see that WL Cabin is 80% the points of Poly Bungalow. WL 3BR is 85% of the cost, and a WL 2BR is less than 1/3 the cost (32%).

Our typical summer trip is BLT 2BR theme park, so less than HALF the Poly Bungalow (45%)! This varies based on time of travel, but gives a basic sense, I think.

DVC point comparison.jpeg

To give you an idea... this is for the first weekend in November 2018, point values are for a Fri or Sat PER NIGHT... (showing this since this is the period I've been looking at)...

So you can see that WL Cabin is 80% the points of Poly Bungalow. WL 3BR is 85% of the cost, and a WL 2BR is less than 1/3 the cost (32%).

Our typical summer trip is BLT 2BR theme park, so less than HALF the Poly Bungalow (45%)! This varies based on time of travel, but gives a basic sense, I think.

View attachment 310496

Wow for that I want a private boat, Club access, and the extra 3 fp+ for free. Maybe even a private meeting with the big cheese himself.

Yes, Poly Bungalow guests qualify for the paid Extra FP trial program. You can find some details about the program here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320893

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts