Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of disappointing but as I said, I will be visiting the GF, and hope to enjoy my stay at the Poly...first one in a few years, and since it's unexpected, it's still a bonus!

We are excited to be staying at the Poly for the first time starting July 4th! We are planning to be back at the resort for dinner and watch the fireworks from the beach. Can anyone tell me what this process is like? I thought I read somewhere you are given a wristband, but others have said it’s a free for all type of situation. Is it really that crazy? Will we have to stake out a spot far in advance if we just want to stand? Thanks in advance!

I’m guessing because Poly’s tree is rather... dinky... relative to the other resorts. Hard to compare to GF’s lobby for sure!

Enjoy your unexpected trip, sounds fun!

LOL so true. We have a SINGLE picture of the Poly lobby from this trip! It is of the tree though. We walked over to the GF to get Photopass shots in front of the GF tree and gingerbread house instead.

2018-11-26_12-19-11_190.jpg

This will be our first stay at the Poly. I just called Disney to request Fiji (F.I.J.I.) and after multiple repeated spellings the CM said: "Yes, I put in S.I.K.R. as your request!". Are they not required to know the resort layout and the building names? o_O

This will be our first stay at the Poly. I just called Disney to request Fiji (F.I.J.I.) and after multiple repeated spellings the CM said: "Yes, I put in S.I.K.R. as your request!". Are they not required to know the resort layout and the building names? o_O

Nope.

Driving up from South a Florida for our first stay at the Poly for 9 glorious nights. I’ve mainly been a stalker on this thread but happy to finally be headed to the Poly. Our TP fax request was a bust. Asked for 1st Floor Tokelau and got 2nd Floor Moorea. I did call right away and got moved to a 2nd floor Tokelau without issue. We really prefer a first floor room and that was our highest priority in our request, but happy to be in Tokelau.
If anyone is interested, I will be posting pics on my IG. My handle is disneydaysshay

Cuisinart pod machine with Joffrey's pods. Pics below. I keep assuming Poly resort rooms will switch to Keurig at some point like several of the other deluxe resorts, but they're still going strong with the Cuisinart for now it seems.

View attachment 369036

View attachment 369037
Thank you. Hoping they have a decent taste to tide me over til I can get a "real" cup from Kona Island. (or be pixie-dusted to club level!)

Are you staying on points or a cash reservation through Disney?

Yes, all DVC longhouses have an outdoor area on all floors, either a balcony or patio. The DVC longhouses have balconies on the second floor, the resort side longhouses do not.

I vote Tokelau.

Hope that helps.
I’m staying on points - so my guess is room request by DVC member services?!! Thanks for the Tokelau recommendation.

I’m staying on points - so my guess is room request by DVC member services?!! Thanks for the Tokelau recommendation.

I need to punt to the DVC folks on that one.. I’m not sure how room requests work with DVC. I’m sure someone will chime in. Sorry!

We've been back for a week now and our first stay at Poly was amazing! I did come home with a terrible cold but am recovered now. Poly was everything we hoped it would be. The weather was amazing and we got to spend lots of time at the pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter