Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read people complain about the lousy condition of the Poly DVC rooms, and it occurred to me that because they don't have daily mousekeeping to properly maintain the rooms, that may be why. If too many people decide to take the gift card instead of having the room cleaned daily, the condition of the regular Poly rooms may go downhill.

It's been 11 years since our last stay at the Polynesian!!! We booked garden view club level. I was wondering if the lounge has apple juice boxes and chocolate milks in those mini fridges?

Heading to the Poly in October and thinking of doing the boat rental.
So, a few questions for anyone who has done this before....

It says that reservations are not required, it's on a first come, first serve basis. Just wondering, if we wanted to make a reservation, which I would definitely like to do, am I able?

We are a family of 6, so it would be either the Boston Whaler , which seats 6, or the Pontoon boat, which seats 10. I'm familiar with the pontoon boats but don't know what the Boston Whaler is.
Thinking we would be better off with the pontoon boat, just more room but would like to get an idea of what the Boston Whaler is before definitely deciding.

Any other questions I should be asking? This looks like fun and we are all into doing this.
By the way, we are a family of 3 adults and 3 teens, so no little ones.
Thanks so much for any information you may have.

It's been 11 years since our last stay at the Polynesian!!! We booked garden view club level. I was wondering if the lounge has apple juice boxes and chocolate milks in those mini fridges?
We have been there the last few years, can’t remember if they have them in the fridge but they have milk and out in the morning. If you want anything that’s not out the staff will get for you if they have it.

Hi, can anyone shed light as to how smoothly (and how quick) security lines are to get on monorail at the Poly? Staying there in April with two young boys and trying to gather as much info as possible to hopefully minimize meltdowns. Will be heading to parks with a double stroller and probably 1-2 park bags.
Also for Epcot, sounds like I’d walk to the TTC and do security there right? How is that typically in the mornings?
Thanks!!

Hi, can anyone shed light as to how smoothly (and how quick) security lines are to get on monorail at the Poly? Staying there in April with two young boys and trying to gather as much info as possible to hopefully minimize meltdowns. Will be heading to parks with a double stroller and probably 1-2 park bags.
Also for Epcot, sounds like I’d walk to the TTC and do security there right? How is that typically in the mornings?
Thanks!!

It really depends on the time of day. The TTC in the morning is pretty jammed and can move slowly for sure; the same goes for the monorail. If you get on slightly off the "prime hours" you shouldn't run into a problem. Make sure you have your bags opened and ready as soon as you are close to the security guard and it will make your personal experience much quicker.

So looking forward to our Poly adventure in the beginning of August. I got a great price on a flight late the night before we check in and a deal (as far as I'm concerned) on a room at the Orlando Airport Hyatt.....so we'll be arriving early :) the next morning. No park tickets for this stay...we move to WL after 2 nights....just going to enjoy all the Poly has to offer. This is a bucket list stay for us so glad I was able to make it work. All the recent photo's are making us even more excited. :flower:

Doug :goofy:

Hello everyone!
We stayed twice last year, and have a 10 day stay booked for this year in a studio. Lately on Instagram, Tripadvisor, and various Facebook groups, I've been seeing pretty bad reviews of the Poly. This breaks my heart as it's the only resort we want to be at, but also that we will be staying so long on our trip this year. Does anyone have a recent feel of what the Poly is like these days? People seem to be having bad experiences with the lobby staff and condition of rooms. I'd love to hear your input. Mahalo!

Hello everyone!
We stayed twice last year, and have a 10 day stay booked for this year in a studio. Lately on Instagram, Tripadvisor, and various Facebook groups, I've been seeing pretty bad reviews of the Poly. This breaks my heart as it's the only resort we want to be at, but also that we will be staying so long on our trip this year. Does anyone have a recent feel of what the Poly is like these days? People seem to be having bad experiences with the lobby staff and condition of rooms. I'd love to hear your input. Mahalo!
This is part of why I did a split stay coming up. I am worried to be in the same place for 10 days and possibly find it disappointing for so long!

This is part of why I did a split stay coming up. I am worried to be in the same place for 10 days and possibly find it disappointing for so long!

We stayed at the Poly for a combined 12 Days last year (8 & 4), but I know the management changed, and lately the reviews have been brutal about the lobby staff. 😬 I REALLY want to keep our reservation but scared that the Disney magic may be disappearing😭

Hello everyone!
Im a bit worried about this too! I haven’t been to Disney since I was a kid and frankly never heard of the Poly until I booked our trip last month! But we picked it over the Contemporary and hoping it was a good choice!

Let’s hope enough people share their experiences about the lobby staff and the conditions of the rooms. Maybe that will prompt some changes to be made.

I have a trip booked at the Poly this summer and I’m not worried. I always think people are more apt to share the bad things over sharing the good. I’ve read some bad reviews, but I’ve read some good reviews, too.

Hello everyone!
Aloha!
We stayed at the Poly last year for 9 days and it was the best (including 2 resort only days)!!!

As far as lobby staff, we usually do the online check in so we are not often in contact- straight to the room. We did have some interactions and they were all outstanding, including:
Bell services for the delivery of Garden Grocer order- top notch, prompt and courteous.
Front Desk to get a sharps box for the family that was staying with us (needed for insulin syringes), quick and reliable.
Housekeeping (don't get it much in DVC)- prompt reply to a few requests we made and great on trash and the one cleaning day.
Merch locations (including pop up bars) - Super friendly and courteous
THE BEST INTERACTION: On our departure day it is usually a glum tradition of sitting in the lobby waiting for the Tragic Express with a Dole Whip...until Lilo came out. They had some characters come to the lobby and Lilo came and played gin with my DS and his two friends for about 15 minutes

Now I may be biased as the Poly is our home resort for DVC!!!!!! With that being the case, I can't shed much light on the condition of the resort side rooms, but our studio was fantastic - like it has been for our previous 4 stays there.

Heading to the Poly in October and thinking of doing the boat rental.
So, a few questions for anyone who has done this before....

It says that reservations are not required, it's on a first come, first serve basis. Just wondering, if we wanted to make a reservation, which I would definitely like to do, am I able?

We are a family of 6, so it would be either the Boston Whaler , which seats 6, or the Pontoon boat, which seats 10. I'm familiar with the pontoon boats but don't know what the Boston Whaler is.
Thinking we would be better off with the pontoon boat, just more room but would like to get an idea of what the Boston Whaler is before definitely deciding.

Any other questions I should be asking? This looks like fun and we are all into doing this.
By the way, we are a family of 3 adults and 3 teens, so no little ones.
Thanks so much for any information you may have.

I can't answer your question, but bumping your post in case others are able to help :flower3:.

So looking forward to our Poly adventure in the beginning of August. I got a great price on a flight late the night before we check in and a deal (as far as I'm concerned) on a room at the Orlando Airport Hyatt.....so we'll be arriving early :) the next morning. No park tickets for this stay...we move to WL after 2 nights....just going to enjoy all the Poly has to offer. This is a bucket list stay for us so glad I was able to make it work. All the recent photo's are making us even more excited. :flower:

Doug :goofy:

Two great resorts! The Poly is my favorite, but we also love the WL. Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first Poly stay :wizard:.

I always think people are more apt to share the bad things over sharing the good. I’ve read some bad reviews, but I’ve read some good reviews, too.

I agree! We had our first Poly stay years ago and prior to that stay I read a lot of negative reviews, some of which actually got me to consider changing resorts. We decided to stick with it and I'm so glad we did because that stay turned out to be one of our best times at Disney. Fast forward to fall 2018 when we had our 2nd Poly stay where we had just as good a time as we had years prior. We also visited the Poly on a short stay this past Dec (stayed at CR) and we found the lobby staff and other resort CMs very friendly and personable :).

Aloha!
We stayed at the Poly last year for 9 days and it was the best (including 2 resort only days)!!!

As far as lobby staff, we usually do the online check in so we are not often in contact- straight to the room. We did have some interactions and they were all outstanding, including:
Bell services for the delivery of Garden Grocer order- top notch, prompt and courteous.
Front Desk to get a sharps box for the family that was staying with us (needed for insulin syringes), quick and reliable.
Housekeeping (don't get it much in DVC)- prompt reply to a few requests we made and great on trash and the one cleaning day.
THE BEST INTERACTION: On our departure day it is usually a glum tradition of sitting in the lobby waiting for the Tragic Express with a Dole Whip...until Lilo came out. They had some characters come to the lobby and Lilo came and played gin with my DS and his two friends for about 15 minutes

Now I may be biased as the Poly is our home resort for DVC!!!!!! With that being the case, I can't shed much light on the condition of the resort side rooms, but our studio was fantastic - like it has been for our previous 4 stays there.

Thank you! We had a perfectly magical 8d stay there last year CL, and then 4d Standard. This time I booked a DVC studio through CR, but had seen some of the DVC rooms are pretty worn. We are absolutely committed to stay where we want to be, just wondering if the room should be switched, and hoping no bad CM interaction. Poly to us is absolutely our resort Ohana :stitch:

Aloha!

Thank you for this review. Poly has always been on my bucket list and we'll be staying in a studio for a week in September and all these comments are freaking me out. We aren't picky and we have never had a negative issue on any of our Disney trips. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that luck will continue.

Hello everyone!
We stayed in a Poly DVC studio last July. We were in Tokelau. Not that it matters but we were paying out of pocket not using points. Our room was fine. It was clean and my adult sons said the couch bed and pull down beds were fine.

Let’s hope enough people share their experiences about the lobby staff and the conditions of the rooms. Maybe that will prompt some changes to be made.

I have a trip booked at the Poly this summer and I’m not worried. I always think people are more apt to share the bad things over sharing the good. I’ve read some bad reviews, but I’ve read some good reviews, too.

TY! Agree (I used to be in customer service for years 😆). My biggest concern is a room with no issues for my little guy with health issues, but I'm otherwise low maintenance.
We stayed in a Poly DVC studio last July. We were in Tokelau. Not that it matters but we were paying out of pocket not using points. Our room was fine. It was clean and my adult sons said the couch bed and pull down beds were fine.
Thank you, this is our exact situation. DVC studio, booked through Disney (requested Tokelau).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter