Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure you can just walk Over or Monorail from GF to Poly and order food...I think they might stop you if you try to drive over without a being a guest or having a dining reservation
Definitely. I just have seen that guests haven’t always had success driving to another resort without an ADR. It sounds like registered guests can resort hop.

Definitely. I just have seen that guests haven’t always had success driving to another resort without an ADR. It sounds like registered guests can resort hop.

Based on YouTube videos, it seems like anyone can catch a bus from Disney Springs to any of the resorts and then walk around, have a drink, go to the gift shop, etc.

Just got word that I've been moved for my Labor Day stay to the Contemporary, main tower, Bay Lake view. I'm happy with that - we stayed there before and really enjoyed that resort. Very different feel than the Poly though. Still not 100% sure I'm going, but I'm not cancelling just yet 🤞

How many DVC villas are there at Poly? Wondering how many people could be staying there later in August.
It’s strange that Disney calls it “Disney’s Polynesian Villas and and Bungalows” and the room descriptions are for studios and bungalows. It is a little misleading. At the other DVC resorts the Villas are the 1BR and 2BR units that have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in the room.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ida/polynesian-villas-bungalows/points-rooms/

Can I ask where you were originally booked?
Originally AKL Jambo house. Moved to CR. I called and asked to be moved from CR to Poly because it’s more toddler friendly. Then yesterday I called to move my Poly standard to Poly villas when I found out the resort side wouldn’t be open for my stay. About an hour ago a cast member contacted me and offered the gift card.

Disney just called me to give me a $100 gift card for my stay in late August. They said it was for the inconvenience of moving my reservation twice.
That's nice! Was kind of wondering if they would start doing something to acknowledge how stressful this whole process has been. We're not eligible (we changed resorts twice but the second time was a choice because we didn't like the limited Poly amenities) but that was after having two disney cruises cancelled and booking park trips as replacements so know how it feels to keep getting disappointed.

Do we know what % occupancy Disney has been limiting it to?
I’m pretty sure they have not been limiting occupancy. One of the main reasons Disney reopened is because of contractual obligations to allow owners to use their DVC points. Limiting occupancy would cause problems with the availability of units to use points. Also, both rooms on each side of our room were occupied. Walks through our hallway showed many doors with “Room Occupied” and not everyone is in the room nor use the “Room Occupied” signs (we never use them).

It’s strange that Disney calls it “Disney’s Polynesian Villas and and Bungalows” and the room descriptions are for studios and bungalows. It is a little misleading. At the other DVC resorts the Villas are the 1BR and 2BR units that have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer in the room.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ida/polynesian-villas-bungalows/points-rooms/
Correct there are no 1Br or 2Br villas at the Poly. The Villas and Bungalows is really just a sales / marketing term.

It actually was a limit of the existing buildings that were reused for the Studios. The exisiting sturctures of the buildings were constructed. It limited the flexibility of changing the floor plans beyond the basic reuse of the existing hotel room footprint.

Dave

Correct there are no 1Br or 2Br villas at the Poly. The Villas and Bungalows is really just a sales / marketing term.

It actually was a limit of the existing buildings that were reused for the Studios. The exisiting sturctures of the buildings were constructed. It limited the flexibility of changing the floor plans beyond the basic reuse of the existing hotel room footprint.

Dave
We recently bought BLT resale. The main reason we picked BLT over the Poly was the fact that the Poly does not have any villas.

We have never stayed at this resort before, so I apologize for what may seem like a silly inquiry. Our October reservation for BWI has been moved to Poly-Lagoon View. I have no idea what to expect. Is there a certain building request, or is that not relevant? I have read about limited balcony availability (based on floor), is this applicable with all building? I am concerned of being moved again since our trip is 10/6, which is very close to the “new” reopening, so fingers crossed. Any other suggestions you all may have?

IIRC, Lagoon View rooms are in the Tuvalu and Aotearoa buildings. Hawaii building also has lagoon views, but that is Club Level. Currently, CL isn't a thing, but I don't know if CL will be available when they reopen or not. If not, you might be put in Hawaii as well.

Aotearoa is closer to the main building. Tuvalu is on the water, and will have better views of Seven Seas Lagoon. Hawaii is by the beach and will have views of the MK as well as the Lagoon.

All of these buildings have patios on the first floor and balconies on the third. There are no balconies on the second floor.

For reference, the three DVC buildings (Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago) have balconies on the second and third floors. Of these, only Moorea has rooms with views of the lagoon. It's possible that Disney could put you in a Lake View DVC room. All depends on if they open all buildings on the hotel side, or if the demand is such that it makes more sense to use any available DVC villas.

Steve

Hi friends! Are any of you currently at Poly that have access to the August activities calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter