Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m here now... I can check for activity calendars later on if available. We were at the pool most of the day, I didn’t see much going on. It’s actually been very quiet here.

I’m here now... I can check for activity calendars later on if available. We were at the pool most of the day, I didn’t see much going on. It’s actually been very quiet here.
So, due to the possible hurricane I was told no activities. They said this is in effect until Wednesday. After that movies on the grass will happen again. Instead, starting at 12 am they’re playing Disney movies on channel 31 in the rooms. Not sure about any other things... this was all the front desk attendant was able to tell me.

We have never stayed at this resort before, so I apologize for what may seem like a silly inquiry. Our October reservation for BWI has been moved to Poly-Lagoon View. I have no idea what to expect. Is there a certain building request, or is that not relevant? I have read about limited balcony availability (based on floor), is this applicable with all building? I am concerned of being moved again since our trip is 10/6, which is very close to the “new” reopening, so fingers crossed. Any other suggestions you all may have?
Also have the map with room numbers with you. When you get your room ready text the 1st digit is floor # the 2nd digit tells you building.
if you don’t like what you get there is a phone number in the text you can call to change, if needed.

When we were there in July, there were Movies Under the Stars at 8:30 pm Wednesday through Saturday (so, no movies Sunday through Tuesday). With direct-to-room, we did not get an activity calendar and none was left in the room. This is an area that they need to work on to incorporate into the resort info in the app.

Hi Our family was initially booked at the Port Orleans French Quarters (2 rooms) and we were moved to the Poly pool view,, then got the email the Poly would be closed during our Sept 3rd -13th trip. Guest services moved us to 2 Poly villas. Since we are not familiar with the Poly villas, how far away is the Ceremonial House, and bus transportation? Would Tokelau be a good choice to request?

Hi Our family was initially booked at the Port Orleans French Quarters (2 rooms) and we were moved to the Poly pool view,, then got the email the Poly would be closed during our Sept 3rd -13th trip. Guest services moved us to 2 Poly villas. Since we are not familiar with the Poly villas, how far away is the Ceremonial House, and bus transportation? Would Tokelau be a good choice to request?

None of the buildings are very far from the GCH - the resort just isn't that large. It's a 5 minute walk max from any of them. Tokelau is the closest of the 3 DVC buildings to GCH. The bus stop is even closer to the DVC buildings - a 3-4 min walk. Again, Tokelau is somewhat closer. Lots of people prefer Tokelau. The quiet pool is right next to Tokelau.

Steve

I like Tokelau for it’s location to GCH and quiet pool. DVC laundry is in Moorea. Also have heard some complaints about early morning noise from the magic Kingdom Ferry in Lake View rooms in Moorea. Pago Pago is closest to the parking lot. Sometimes you can see the monorail in your room from Pago Pago. Pago Pago and Tokelau both pretty close to bus stop.

I read it as bus service 8pm-11pm between the monorail resorts so you can get around for dinner/resort hopping. But who knows! Lol.
I think that has to be the case. With MK closing at 7pm, unlikely anyone would still need transportation from MK to resort at 11pm (that'd be a really looooooong dinner if so). More likely for dinner guests at the other monorail resorts.

Are leis still available at the resort? I’m wondering if I should purchase some ahead of time and bring them with me for my three year old.

Are leis still available at the resort? I’m wondering if I should purchase some ahead of time and bring them with me for my three year old.

They are not available (I’m assuming that hasn’t changed since I was there a few weeks ago).

Is Disney still giving $10 gift cards if you decline mousekeeping or is that a thing of the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter