Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s phenomenal. I hate ubering this is huge. Off to make a Wave reservation. Thanks!!
We did just that. Took the Monorail to the CR with a 8pm res at the Wave. Spent an hour or so shopping and looking around. Dinner was awesome. The monorail was of course closed when we were finished, but we walked to the bus stop at CR and "Resort Loop" bus showed up in 5 minutes. Fantastic.

@enchantedpixiedust - Any sign of the Poly resort launch/boat running? I saw a post somewhere else that said "we took the boat back from MK because the monorail line was long" - but you never know if the person meant the TTC Ferry or the actual Poly boat, so just curious what you've seen.

Hope you're enjoying your trip!

@enchantedpixiedust - Any sign of the Poly resort launch/boat running? I saw a post somewhere else that said "we took the boat back from MK because the monorail line was long" - but you never know if the person meant the TTC Ferry or the actual Poly boat, so just curious what you've seen.

That eas me. Yes, I meant ferry to TTC. Poly boats are not running, won't be any time soon.

Yes...within 5 mins of taking that I passed back by and it was pretty full.

Since we are asking for things from Disney, our dinner at Tambu was ruined tonight by 2 couples at another table. There are very few tables in there now and they were dropping F bombs (and others) where we could clearly hear it from across the room. Multiple CMs heard them but nothing was said, one cringed when we looked straight at him when it was happening. We ended up packing up the food and leaving because I just didn't have the energy to get into it. I get they don't want confrontation but at some point a manager should have stepped in no matter if they were regulars or not. (as they loudly proclaimed)

In other news, mobile ordering was down earlier and the staff at Captain Cook's were rockstars. They had a bunch of confused people on the app and had everything running smoothly.

I am sorry that you had a poor experience at dinner. It's a shame that the staff couldn't have said something regarding the profanity. I had a similar experience at club 33 during my birthday lunch. I tried not to let it bother me, but it kinda soured my afternoon.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip!

We did just that. Took the Monorail to the CR with a 8pm res at the Wave. Spent an hour or so shopping and looking around. Dinner was awesome. The monorail was of course closed when we were finished, but we walked to the bus stop at CR and "Resort Loop" bus showed up in 5 minutes. Fantastic.
Do you know how late the "Resort Loop"buses run? We have a 9:40 PM reservation at CG and are hoping it's still available to get back to the Poly when we're done. Thank you!

Yes...within 5 mins of taking that I passed back by and it was pretty full.

Since we are asking for things from Disney, our dinner at Tambu was ruined tonight by 2 couples at another table. There are very few tables in there now and they were dropping F bombs (and others) where we could clearly hear it from across the room. Multiple CMs heard them but nothing was said, one cringed when we looked straight at him when it was happening. We ended up packing up the food and leaving because I just didn't have the energy to get into it. I get they don't want confrontation but at some point a manager should have stepped in no matter if they were regulars or not. (as they loudly proclaimed)

In other news, mobile ordering was down earlier and the staff at Captain Cook's were rockstars. They had a bunch of confused people on the app and had everything running smoothly.
Unfortunately, we experienced these fine people at Tambu as well. Worse, pretty sure one of tmem is staying next door. I heard F bombs raining from their balcony. Called guest services,must have worked because they stopped.

Not the PP, but I'd bet anything they're talking about the TTC ferry. No Poly boats were running as of 8/28/20.
ETA: Oops. Someone answered this question already. Sorry!

Are non-resort guests able to eat at Captain Cooks? Thinking of hoping over from the MK for dinner and a dole whip on the patio.

Sorry but no this was announced on August 31st when we learned the resort side would not be reopening this year. Also the Moana theming was announced and the GCH work and the Monorail impacts.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ian-village-resort-delayed-until-summer-2021/
ETA: add link with initial announcement...

Dave

Yeah, I already knew about the resort and GCH refurbishment - “Work is expected to begin in early October.“

Again, was the closure of the front entrance and front desk moved to Pago Pago beginning September 28 announced just today?

Yeah, I already knew about the resort and GCH refurbishment - “Work is expected to begin in early October.“

Again, was the closure of the front entrance and front desk moved to Pago Pago beginning September 28 announced just today?
where are you seeing sept 28th? I clicked that link and cant see it. we check in on sept 28th and just good to know whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter