Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, was the closure of the front entrance and front desk moved to Pago Pago beginning September 28 announced just today?

The level of detail in that WDW magic post (such as the front desk moving to Pago Pago temporarily) was new to me. If that was known a few weeks ago when Poly closure info first came out, it wasn’t widely reported.

I have to hope that maybe this is part of the process of upgrading the monorail trains too. From memory it seems to me the monorail station and security was almost the same size as the Grand Floridian's so expanding it for the security check doesn't seem to make sense (at least not without doing the same to the GF next year).
Possibly this is to make the platform longer to accommodate longer trains.

Not sure what they mean about "removing the cross beams" as well as posted on another site.

How exciting for you.

I hope you have a great time.

I hope your accessible room works for you.

If you need accessible equipment the resort has a few items that might help. One time the bed was too high and they brought a step stool with an attached handle to hold onto.

Another time a bathtub transfer board and a shower chair.

Be safe and enjoy yourself

Ray
Thank you Ray (like always).
So because of a mix up with our room being ready (and it wasn’t), we were od’ed on pixie dust and moved into *the* ADA bungalow! The Master had the accessible bathroom with shower and pull down seat.
So yeah, no obstructed view of nothing lol
Had an amazing time and staff there was great.
some of you last week (15-17) may have seen me zipping around on Ruby, my scooter.

Attachments

• 9E6FB01A-3E26-4E00-B38B-2ADE43A6ACD3.jpeg
    9E6FB01A-3E26-4E00-B38B-2ADE43A6ACD3.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 56
Thank you Ray (like always).
So because of a mix up with our room being ready (and it wasn’t), we were od’ed on pixie dust and moved into *the* ADA bungalow! The Master had the accessible bathroom with shower and pull down seat.
So yeah, no obstructed view of nothing lol
Had an amazing time and staff there was great.
some of you last week (15-17) may have seen me zipping around on Ruby, my scooter.
Wow how fun! That picture looks amazing.

I am not usually a pool person myself but will be at the Poly this weekend for a short stay. How are towels at the pool handled post-reopening?

I am not usually a pool person myself but will be at the Poly this weekend for a short stay. How are towels at the pool handled post-reopening?
At Cr they had them the same as before. Grab your own and dump them in the marked bin after.

If that bothers you take a towel from your room perhaps? You can always get more towels by calling housekeeping or asking a cm in the hall.

I also love that they clarified, "While work is underway over the coming months, guests can still enjoy access to the Great Ceremonial House and its operating dining and retail outlets. "

This makes me feel better about our trip ... we like to eat at the Poly, even QS, and on the previous announcement Cap'n Cooks was not on the list of places that would remain open. I was assuming that was because it was further away and didn't need the modified hours that Kona, Tambu, and the shops did. And this update seems to confirm that. Saying that the dining will be open, which seems that would include Cap'n Cooks. But I'm excited to try a breakfast at Kona this trip too! We are usually so in love with Ohana that we do that every trip, but with that off the table, we are excited to try Kona! It seems like the only inconvenience is the monorail being closed, and I really don't mind going to TTC for that!

I love this. And it made me realize that I couldn't even picture the current outside arrival entrance, since I've typically arrived from the side or monorail. The parking lot landscape screening wall is so close that it's hard to get a full view. I wonder if they plan to modify the parking or landscaping to open it up more like in the concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter