Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Is it better to call in to POP for room requests or is requesting through MDE just as good? I know there's no guarantees but just wondering if one is better than the other? Thanks

Hi
Is it better to call in to POP for room requests or is requesting through MDE just as good? I know there's no guarantees but just wondering if one is better than the other? Thanks

Hi

I would do both. Also about a week before check in you can fax your request. The fax number should still be on the first page of this thread.

I tried to search this thread for this, but are both beds queens? Not a queen and a pull down double as originally thought?

I tried to search this thread for this, but are both beds queens? Not a queen and a pull down double as originally thought?

Yes, they're both queens. Someone did confirm with measurements. It might be in the Pop Century Renovations thread. I just saw the post yesterday.

It has been confirmed in the POP reno thread by someone currently staying in a new room that they are both queen. She was kind enough to take a bunch of requested measurements

SO excited for queen beds at Pop!!

Hubby and I each took a bed and our son slept on our travel cot between the beds on our last trip, but he has about outgrown it, so it will be nice for our sleeping arrangements to be the same as at home! :banana:

I am thrilled to read about all these changes. I just booked our first stay at Pop for October and all these renovations are making me way more excited about staying there. I was leaning towards a mod, mainly for the queen beds, but knowing there are queens in this room is great. Hoping I will be able to request one of these rooms!!

I've heard now your room assignment shows up on your MDE acct. instead of text or email.

We did online check-in from our June 13-20 trip and our room wasn't showing up in the MDE app so we went to the check-in counter, which was quick and easy. They told it would be awhile and that they would send us a text when it was. We just grabbed lunch and waited, for about an hour and still hadn't received a text message and no room # attached to our MDE app. We happened to check our email and found out that they sent us an email 20 minutes after we arrived, with our room, lol.

What sections can you view the fireworks from ? Any chance it's one of the remodeled sections. I want both the kids choice would be fireworks and hubby is remodeled rooms . I know there's no guarantee for request but I can try . Thanks in advance .

The 50's and 60's sections are best for viewing fireworks but I will caution that due to the size of the trees (at least this is my experience in the 60's) is that you can see very little from your room or the external walkway outside your room. I found last time that i needed to leave my room and walk out to the path behind the 60's section and near the water to see the fireworks.

We caught the tale end of the fireworks from our room, 50s building 2, and and @scrappinginontario is right, the trees cover much of the view. That said on the 4th floor, rooms 2442 and 2443, it was a pleasant suprise seeing what we did.

We caught the tale end of the fireworks from our room, 50s building 2, and and @scrappinginontario is right, the trees cover much of the view. That said on the 4th floor, rooms 2442 and 2443, it was a pleasant suprise seeing what we did.

A few rooms in the 1950s/Building 3 offer awesome,unobstructed views of the high fireworks from IllumiNations and Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular!:)

Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular
30663871875_e19325417b_c.jpg

A few rooms in the 1950s/Building 3 offer awesome,unobstructed views of the high fireworks from IllumiNations and Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular!:)

Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular
30663871875_e19325417b_c.jpg

That's great! Do you happen to know what rooms this view was near?

Do they sell lactose free milk at Pop? :magnify:
I haven't been to Pop yet, but I have never seen any anywhere at WDW. For our last trip, I packed some soy milk in my checked luggage.

I prefer the lactose free milk but soy is better than nothing, especially for coffee!

Which buildings besides 50's have preferred (not pool) rooms? We stayed in the 50's last trip and loved the location, but am also hoping for remodeled room in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter