Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the food menus, it'll say "choice of two sides." Is there anywhere to see what the choices for sides are? I've looked at various menus, but I don't see them listed. I might be overlooking them though!

Thanks!

Not sure about all the choices but we were there the first week of December and we had booked a preferred room. So when describing a preferred room it said they were close to the Food Court and close to Transportation. As a result when I looked at preferences the choices I had were 50's, 60's or 70's buildings. Upper Floor, and I think corner room. I think that in the past when booking a Standard Room the choices were the other buildings, upper floor, and corner room. I think the choices are driven by the type room so they will not always be consistant. In May we stayed at POFQ in a Garden View Room and the choices were close to bus, close to food court, upper floor and corner room. We said transport and food court as preferences and got a third floor corner room overlooking the door into the food court. One of the best rooms we ever had at POFQ.

Edit to add:
Sorry I read the two previous posts as talking about the same thing and went a different direction. The two sides if I recall correctly were mac and cheese, fries, ceasar salad, green beans, mashed potatoes and maybe one more I cannot remember. They may also change slightly from time to time.

Will a twin size blow up mattress fit in the floor at POP with both beds down? There will only be 4 of us in the room but the kids don't want to sleep in the same bed.....

Tight but possible I think. It will literally have to be right in front of the door as that is the only place it will fit. The chairs will have to be put to the right of the fridge between it and the dresser, but I think it can happen.

I just did on-line check in for my Jan 30 check in. There were options in the pull down tab. Never seen that before.

Tight but possible I think. It will literally have to be right in front of the door as that is the only place it will fit. The chairs will have to be put to the right of the fridge between it and the dresser, but I think it can happen.
Yes it can but it blocks access to the door as it needs to be pushed right up against the door to the room and a portion of the mattress will be under the pull-down bed. Only a regular height, single air mattress will fit, not a double high one.

Please see post #13332 for a picture.

On the food menus, it'll say "choice of two sides." Is there anywhere to see what the choices for sides are? I've looked at various menus, but I don't see them listed. I might be overlooking them though!

Thanks!

The sides vary depending on which booth you are visiting. At the pasta booth, they have green beans and mac and cheese and Caesar salad. At the burger booth they have waffle fries, slaw and macaroni salad. I haven’t eaten at the entree booth lately, but they usually have mashed potatoes and a seasonal vegetable to go with the fried chicken and pot roast. The sides aren’t on the main menu boards, but are on small counter signs - I assume so they can be changed easily.

The sides vary depending on which booth you are visiting. At the pasta booth, they have green beans and mac and cheese and Caesar salad. At the burger booth they have waffle fries, slaw and macaroni salad. I haven’t eaten at the entree booth lately, but they usually have mashed potatoes and a seasonal vegetable to go with the fried chicken and pot roast. The sides aren’t on the main menu boards, but are on small counter signs - I assume so they can be changed easily.

Sometimes if you get an awesome CM, they are not busy AND you are super sweet (or maybe when the stars align), they will go to the different booths to get the sides you want if you want an entree from one booth and the sides from two other booths. Don't ask how I know this.....no I'm not that picky!!! lol

Thanks for messages about the air mattress. We also have a small wheelchair so it will be tight but I think that we will take it anyway just to try. It might make everyone a little more happy in the happiest place!! Thanks again!

What is everyone's favorite room request for close to lobby standard view? Right now I have a room in the 70s marked for my Touring Plans request. Any suggestions?

Remember, at Pop the terms Preferred and Standard have more to do with location (close to pool, food court, bus) than with view out the window.

Thanks. I've never felt the need to make a request before except for when I wanted a refurbished room. :)

What is everyone's favorite room request for close to lobby standard view? Right now I have a room in the 70s marked for my Touring Plans request. Any suggestions?
The 80's may look far away but it is literally a stone's throw away from transportation by just cutting thru the parking lot. We had that location before and will request it again...

The 80's may look far away but it is literally a stone's throw away from transportation by just cutting thru the parking lot. We had that location before and will request it again...

We stayed in 80s in January. We liked it, but we want to be a bit closer to the lobby.

Words of Caution regarding POP:

We stayed there a few weeks ago in early December and we were significantly disappointed twice. The first was with the package I shipped from Amazon Prime Pantry. They were unable to find it at Bell Services and he suggested I call amazon and have them reship it. That would have taken 4 days for Amazon to re-ship, so it was not an option for us. A few days ago, I received a call from POP and they were wondering what to do with my package. It was being stored behind the check in desk; it was there 2 days before I checked in. Strike one against POP. Strike two was when we tried to use airline check in for our Delta flight home. Although we had a ticket, we did not have assigned seats. The CM at the airline check in desk said we could not check in our luggage because we did not have an assigned seat. We then had to retrieve our luggage from the porter who had already whisked our luggage away, and take it to the airport ourselves to check it in. Once I arrived home, I searched the MDE website to see if there is a requirement to have an assigned seat, but found no such requirement. I also have spoken to a CM "leader" also and they were not aware of this situation. I have emailed Disney and am waiting for a response. We are done staying at POP.

The one 80's building is closer to transportation and Classic Hall but the other one (Building 7) is a distance from transportation/Classic Hall. We stayed in Building 7 once and will do everything we can not to stay in that building again. Our preference is not to weave through cars on our way to/from our room to get to the buses/Classic Hall.

Strike two was when we tried to use airline check in for our Delta flight home. Although we had a ticket, we did not have assigned seats. The CM at the airline check in desk said we could not check in our luggage because we did not have an assigned seat. We then had to retrieve our luggage from the porter who had already whisked our luggage away, and take it to the airport ourselves to check it in. Once I arrived home, I searched the MDE website to see if there is a requirement to have an assigned seat, but found no such requirement. I also have spoken to a CM "leader" also and they were not aware of this situation. I have emailed Disney and am waiting for a response. We are done staying at POP.

The people working the Resort Airline Check In Desk are not Disney CMs. They work for a company called Bags Incorporated. Bags pays WDW to rent space at the resorts. I just don't want you wasting your time with Disney when you should be communicating with Bags Incorporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter