Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to report we stayed at POR last month and we were all bummed it wasn't POP. My daughter was just about in tears the first night! We had no choice, as it was the only thing available, but all agreed it was such a let down from POP. The real kicker is we paid more to stay at a boring resort! We'll definitely be back to POP!
I know how you feel. We stayed at POR a few years ago. I wanted to get the princess room for my 2 girls. POR was a beautiful, quiet resort, but we missed all the fun at POP.

Duh, I didn't read very well. My bad. Carry on! :)

:rotfl2:Great, now your making me wonder what you didn’t “read very well” was it something you misread in my post and changes your response ,or was is something you thought you misread in @LuvAriel post? Your response to her was perfectly fine.

:rotfl2:Great, now your making me wonder what you didn’t “read very well” was it something you misread in my post and changes your response ,or was is something you thought you misread in @LuvAriel post? Your response to her was perfectly fine.

:) I thought you were suggesting they could fit 5 adults in one room! lol - which you totally weren't.

We book for November, no preferred rooms available at this time - only standard and standard pool. We went for the basic standard room. Any specific area that we should we request to be close to dining, Skyliner, buses? We're new to the resort - thank you!

Thank you so much for the info!! Its me, my hubby, my 2 daughters (20 & 16) and 1 of their friends so we are def going to share beds. I just did the google search and YES it will be a perfect set up for us!! The price for 2 rooms at the POP is significantly cheaper than any deluxe PLUS you get 2 bathrooms and with 4 females you really cant put a price on that :)

Your welcome. Like I said, I can understand the 5 people and room situation. We, myself in particular, were spoiled on our first 2 WDW trips. We got INCREDIBLE DEALS at the Swan Dolphin and stayed in an executive suite. I stayed in the suite portion which was about the same size as both our POP rooms combined! :oops: We were a little nervous about or POP stay and were pleasantly surprised. Liked it enough to stay again this July. :thumbsup2

Your situation should be great! You and your husband in one room and your daughters and there friends in another. Only leaves you with the tough question of adjoining rooms or putting a little distance between yourselfs. Guess it depends on how much you trust, or don’t trust your daughters.:rotfl:

We book for November, no preferred rooms available at this time - only standard and standard pool. We went for the basic standard room. Any specific area that we should we request to be close to dining, Skyliner, buses? We're new to the resort - thank you!

We stayed in a standard room in the 50's section building 3. Our room faced part of the lake and the AOA building. It was the perfect location. 5 min walk to skyliner, food court and parking lot. The pool is right there too. I would request that location again if I get a chance to visit again.

Our favorite standard room location at Pop was the lake view side of Building 4 in the 60's section. It was close to everything important to us at the time (pool, food court, bus stops) and now has the added bonus of being close to the Skyliner. And the really nice part was that because the room faced the lake, it was a quiet location. No noise from the pool yet we were just around the corner from it. We'd absolutely request that building (or Building 5 lake view) again. With the Skyliner now up and running, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until these rooms become preferred rooms because of their location (they actually used to be preferred rooms but changed to standard about 12-13 years ago).

Our favorite standard room location at Pop was the lake view side of Building 4 in the 60's section. It was close to everything important to us at the time (pool, food court, bus stops) and now has the added bonus of being close to the Skyliner. And the really nice part was that because the room faced the lake, it was a quiet location. No noise from the pool yet we were just around the corner from it. We'd absolutely request that building (or Building 5 lake view) again. With the Skyliner now up and running, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until these rooms become preferred rooms because of their location (they actually used to be preferred rooms but changed to standard about 12-13 years ago).
Lake view side building 4 is our favorite too!!!

Well, I was looking forward to being back at Pop in a week and a half, but being in a scooter accident Saturday night has changed that. I suffered a broken jaw and broken left femur. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday, and am staying my my mom's while I undergo physical therapy on the leg. When I am able to, I can return to my home on my own.

This is one thing I didn't want for my upcoming birthday.

Well, I was looking forward to being back at Pop in a week and a half, but being in a scooter accident Saturday night has changed that. I suffered a broken jaw and broken left femur. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday, and am staying my my mom's while I undergo physical therapy on the leg. When I am able to, I can return to my home on my own.

This is one thing I didn't want for my upcoming birthday.
So sorry to hear this! Hope you heal quickly and well and can return to Pop soon.

Is that still the Resort Airline Checkin area being worked on? When I was there in November, they were working on that and RAC was moved to the front of the hotel with the regular bag services.

We just got home from 6 nights at Pop on Friday. They are still working on that Resort Airline area but the day we left (Friday) the walls were down and it looked like it was very close to being done. It's going to be a big improvement over the original area and a huge improvement over the current situation.

We stayed in the 70s (building 6) and we were very close to the skyliner, and we found cutting through the parking lot to the bus stop worked really well!

(green building we had a lake view room)

We just got home from 6 nights at Pop on Friday. They are still working on that Resort Airline area but the day we left (Friday) the walls were down and it looked like it was very close to being done. It's going to be a big improvement over the original area and a huge improvement over the current situation.
Saturday morning the Resort Airline area was open. It was great.

Oh. Okay. There used to beasidewalk along the grassy area so people didn't have to walk through a par!ing lot.
There still is. We stayed in the same building and walked a similar path but never stepped one foot in a parking lot. I avoid crossing the parking lot as it takes away from the ‘Disney bubble’ for us and I’m very concerned with scratching cars with our backpacks, etc.

I love taking the parking lot shortcut when in the outlying buildings. It's especially challenging at night. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter