Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does ordering a large pizza at pop work on the dining plan. I read if you get it delivered that they deduct 2 table service meals. If you pick it up from the food court, is it a quick service? Do you get drinks, dessert with it?

How does ordering a large pizza at pop work on the dining plan. I read if you get it delivered that they deduct 2 table service meals. If you pick it up from the food court, is it a quick service? Do you get drinks, dessert with it?
I wondered about this too. A friend told me they have a great deal on a pizza to feed the whole family.

I wondered about this too. A friend told me they have a great deal on a pizza to feed the whole family.
In the past it was 2 QS credits if you picked it up yourself m. Either 2 drinks, 2 desserts or 1 of each I believe.

I think it’s always been 2 Table Service credits, whether you get it delivered or not. You can get 2 desserts and 2 sodas as well.

When I went in the fall it was 2 quick service to pick it up. I never have anything other than the quick service plan and grabbed the pizza deal a couple times to take to the room
I know if it's delivered to your room it is 2 Table Service credits but I've never heard of anyone having to use Table Service credits if they go to the food court and pick it up themselves.

If anyone is at Pop and has an opportunity to ask about this, updated information about:
a) How many dining credits if we pick up in food court?
b) What type of dining credits?
c) What is included?

Thanks so much!

The thing with the pizza though, is they changed it recently didn't they? It used to be just a large pizza but now it's a whole meal with pizza, salad, and bread sticks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/dinner/

And the menu says "Two adult meal credits" (not exact quote) - I assume they mean quick service credits. I also assume you would get 2 beverages with that.
When I went in September it was the large square pizza, bread sticks and cesear salad, 2 drinks or 2 desserts for 2 quick service if you picked it up in the food court. I did it 3 times. It fed me and my 2 teenage boys and we had left overs it was a great deal

When I went in September it was the large square pizza, bread sticks and cesear salad, 2 drinks or 2 desserts for 2 quick service if you picked it up in the food court. I did it 3 times. It fed me and my 2 teenage boys and we had left overs it was a great deal
That sounds like a great deal! Is the pizza at least decent?

That sounds like a great deal! Is the pizza at least decent?
I'm the last person to ask that question to. I'm not a huge fan of pizza to begin with but it was edible. My kids enjoyed it that's for sure. The breadsticks weren't all that great though, they were pretty stale. If you are on a budget though it can easily feed 4 or more people (depending on appetite) for 30 bucks.

Thanks to Touring Plans WDW Dining Reservation finder, we were able to get 8:15 pre-park openings ADRs for BoG on our first full day for our trip in July. Right now, our plan is being at the bus stop by 7am. Does that sound reasonable? Are the bus lines to MK relatively short 2 hours before park opening?

Has anyone done a PPO at BoG and have any suggestions? We’re hoping that it will let us get a few photos, without the large crowds, that you usually wouldn't get. Also really hoping to rider 7DMT and be get in line for PP flight before the park officially opens. Does that sound doable?

Thanks to Touring Plans WDW Dining Reservation finder, we were able to get 8:15 pre-park openings ADRs for BoG on our first full day for our trip in July. Right now, our plan is being at the bus stop by 7am. Does that sound reasonable? Are the bus lines to MK relatively short 2 hours before park opening?

Has anyone done a PPO at BoG and have any suggestions? We’re hoping that it will let us get a few photos, without the large crowds, that you usually wouldn't get. Also really hoping to rider 7DMT and be get in line for PP flight before the park officially opens. Does that sound doable?

I would probably plan to be at the bus stop before 7:00. I would probably aim forn6:30-6:45 just to be on the safe side.

I don’t think you will be able to do 7dmt and pp before rope drop. When we did that, we were first in line for 7dmt but we didn’t get to ride until right at 9:00. Early Morning a magic was going on that day, too so it may have had something to do with us not riding until right before 9:00.

I would agree with @mekay1012 and be at the bus stop between 6:30 and 6:45. At that time if the morning buses are not as frequent. MK is almost a 15 min ride away. Leaving time for bag check and tapping in, walking down Main Street (which will still have many others in it based on our experiences which are about 5 or 6). You’ll need to check in with the CM near the bridge, take pics, walk back to Beast’s castle, check in officially then wait to enter the restaurant.

I would highly recommend pre-ordering if you are hoping to ride anything before 9am. (Note: you may arrive at the castle at 8am even though your reservation is at 8:15). MANY people will be arriving at the same time so the kitchen is working hard to fill orders and we’ve had it take up to 15 mins after checking in for our food to arrive.

As shared above, you will probably only be able to ride SDMT at 9:0. (people will start to line up along the fence as soon as they’re finished eating but normally line is not walked to the ride until almost 9:00.) Mist likely by the time you get off the ride the park will have been open long enough for the RD crowd to have reached PP.

I don’t want to disappoint you but share our experiences as we’ve done an 8am breakfast a number of times.

Last year, we ordered groceries from Instacart and want to do it again in April. However, this time, our flight gets in at 10:30am and if we don’t get early check in, we’re going to head out to a park. Will there be any problems with Bell Services holding our groceries until we return, probably around 10pm? How late will they deliver to our room?

I would probably plan to be at the bus stop before 7:00. I would probably aim forn6:30-6:45 just to be on the safe side.

I don’t think you will be able to do 7dmt and pp before rope drop. When we did that, we were first in line for 7dmt but we didn’t get to ride until right at 9:00. Early Morning a magic was going on that day, too so it may have had something to do with us not riding until right before 9:00.
I would agree with @mekay1012 and be at the bus stop between 6:30 and 6:45. At that time if the morning buses are not as frequent. MK is almost a 15 min ride away. Leaving time for bag check and tapping in, walking down Main Street (which will still have many others in it based on our experiences which are about 5 or 6). You’ll need to check in with the CM near the bridge, take pics, walk back to Beast’s castle, check in officially then wait to enter the restaurant.

I would highly recommend pre-ordering if you are hoping to ride anything before 9am. (Note: you may arrive at the castle at 8am even though your reservation is at 8:15). MANY people will be arriving at the same time so the kitchen is working hard to fill orders and we’ve had it take up to 15 mins after checking in for our food to arrive.

As shared above, you will probably only be able to ride SDMT at 9:0. (people will start to line up along the fence as soon as they’re finished eating but normally line is not walked to the ride until almost 9:00.) Mist likely by the time you get off the ride the park will have been open long enough for the RD crowd to have reached PP.

I don’t want to disappoint you but share our experiences as we’ve done an 8am breakfast a number of times.

Thanks! Figured the be at the bus stop by 7am was wishful thinking on my part. Guess we will shoot for those 2 awful times, (I refuse to type them) that you two mentioned. 😆

Appreciate your experience feedback and you didn’t disappoint me @scrappinginontario. I’ve read a few articles on BoG PPO ADRs that made it sound like they usually started running the ride around 10-15 minutes before the let the RD people in? That’s what I was basing on riding it once and hopefully getting to the PP Flight line right before the RD crowd. As long as we’re able to beat them to 7DMT all is good though.

@mekay1012 Thanks for the heads up on possible morning conflicts. It will be a Wednesday morning so no EMH. I’ll look into things closer to our Fastpass window and see if they have any special pay for events like Early Magic Mornings. I’ll probably cancel if we do, since we’re far more interested in trying to get an early start than the breakfast.

@scrappinginontario Thanks! From what I’ve read, they will start letting people into the park between 7:45 - 8:00. If we get there closer to 7:30, do you know it they would let us in then, or would we have to wait until they open it for everyone else? I’m aware of the 8am even though our ADRs at 8:15, but hopefully some other people aren’t. Also aware of the Pre-ordering, but a little more fuzzy on it. Do we get some type of advanced notification for it, or do we check the MDR app a few weeks before and pre-order?

You can only preorder from the website, not the app. When you check in, you get a gold rose, and then proceed right to the cash register, bypassing those ordering at the kiosks. Definitely check if there is EMM,because if there is, Fantasyland will be swamped.

How much is a case of water at the gift shop at Pop? Also how many bottles of water come in a case? Anyone know? We are hoping to buy water at the gift shop compared to buying it with garden grocer. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter