Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is a case of water at the gift shop at Pop? Also how many bottles of water come in a case? Anyone know? We are hoping to buy water at the gift shop compared to buying it with garden grocer. Thanks.

Last week there were 2 options. 24-pack of 12oz bottles of Dasani for $7.99 or 8-packs for $3.99. You might have to ask for the 24-packs as they might not be on display.

I don’t know if it delivers to the resorts, but our local Publix delivers through Instacart. Just something to keep in mind!

@scrappinginontario Thanks! From what I’ve read, they will start letting people into the park between 7:45 - 8:00. If we get there closer to 7:30, do you know it they would let us in then, or would we have to wait until they open it for everyone else? I’m aware of the 8am even though our ADRs at 8:15, but hopefully some other people aren’t. Also aware of the Pre-ordering, but a little more fuzzy on it. Do we get some type of advanced notification for it, or do we check the MDR app a few weeks before and pre-order?
My experience and understanding is that they will hold all the reservations until 7:45. There will be guests there for BoG, Crystal Palace, tours as well as regular day guests just hoping to get an early start. Around 7:45 they will let everyone in. When you get to the hub you will want to go to the left to find the CMs with iPads confirming BoG reservations before allowing people to pass by them. They will have a sign identifying they are BoG reservations.

Pre-ordering will open before your trip. I'm not sure if it can be done on your app (can't imagine why you could not) but you can start looking 30 days before your trip to see when the option becomes available. If you have the DDP and are using QS credits you will not need to pay when you arrive, just check in.

Also, I'm guessing you're aware but just in case you are not, you are not required to purchase a meal for each person in your party. When we go, my DD and I share a meal and find with the pastries there is plenty of food for the 2 of us, especially when we are mainly trying to get a little food in our bellies before starting our day.

We have done the BoG breakfast on EMM mornings and still find it worth while to do so. You are still on the ride before the RD crowd arrives and off shortly after 9. Still a faster way to ride SDMT than via RD and far less stressful.

I'll be honest and say the last time we did this was in September so things may have changed and they may be allowing BoG guests to ride earlier than almost 9:00. Might be worth asking in the Theme Parks forumn.

Enjoy your trip! We do a BoG breakfast almost every trip and honestly I'd forgotten about it for our next one. Our 180 day window opens next month and I'm going to add it as it's a great way to ride SDMT without any wait and not use up a FP!

When I went in September it was the large square pizza, bread sticks and cesear salad, 2 drinks or 2 desserts for 2 quick service if you picked it up in the food court. I did it 3 times. It fed me and my 2 teenage boys and we had left overs it was a great deal
Any idea if you can grab 2 beers for the drinks? I can't find any info about that online.

Any idea if you can grab 2 beers for the drinks? I can't find any info about that online.
Yes, we did exactly that with the pizza combo! They might require you to have two 21+ year-olds present when the order is picked up due to the two alcoholic drinks, but that didn't consistently happen to us. Just something to keep in mind.

Yes, we did exactly that with the pizza combo! They might require you to have two 21+ year-olds present when the order is picked up due to the two alcoholic drinks, but that didn't consistently happen to us. Just something to keep in mind.
Ahh! Yay!!! I will definitely make the trip from the room for that beer!! ;)

Has the Skyliner been running before Hollywood Studios is open or do I need to spring for an Uber?

blogmickey just did a post yesterday about using the skyliner from Pop. It looks like its been running at 7:30 with the 8am openings. I'm curious what the bus situation is like before the skyliner starts operating.

I've been meaning to comment since my stay at Pop 2/2-2/7 - I did not see nearly as many 15s/International Tour Groups at Pop this trip as I did at the same time in 2017. I saw maybe 2 groups at the hotel, plus some cheerleaders toward the end of the week. Anyone else feel this way? Or was I just not around enough to notice them?

Buses are your best option to get to DHS in time for park opening. The earlier the better (aka 6:30am) if you hope to rope drop any other attractions after trying to get a Boarding Group. The park is very busy at park opening these days!
Yup, I know the drill! I did it in January when it opened at 7:00 am which was a nightmare. I was in a fog all day. :headache:

Luckily we’d gotten a super early boarding group, like 17 I think it was, but the dang ride kept breaking down and by the time we’d got called, the backup from the breakdown was miserable. Didn’t make for an enjoyable experience.

Next time, I’ll be there with my mom. Opens at 9, plan to be there by 8. It doesn’t matter how early, just as long as you’re in the park by 9, it’ll be fine. I saw folks walk right in at 7 am and still get a boarding group. It’s basically a free for all as soon as the time hits.

Yup, I know the drill! I did it in January when it opened at 7:00 am which was a nightmare. I was in a fog all day. :headache:

Luckily we’d gotten a super early boarding group, like 17 I think it was, but the dang ride kept breaking down and by the time we’d got called, the backup from the breakdown was miserable. Didn’t make for an enjoyable experience.

Next time, I’ll be there with my mom. Opens at 9, plan to be there by 8. It doesn’t matter how early, just as long as you’re in the park by 9, it’ll be fine. I saw folks walk right in at 7 am and still get a boarding group. It’s basically a free for all as soon as the time hits.

I'll be shocked if they keep park opening at 9, but Disney hasn't been extending the hours at DHS they way they ought to right now so who knows?

Yes, you're correct it doesn't matter what time you arrive if you wish to try and get a boarding group.

Where it makes a difference is for those who want to ride a popular ride when the park opens. I read a report yesterday of someone who arrived 2 hours before park opening. (Yes, 2 hours!!) Where he had the advantage was he was in the first few people to ride SDD and off the ride by 8:10 and walked back past a line 4-6 people wide that went back to almost The Little Mermaid!! Yes, he waited 2 hours but those were not park hours and he was off to enjoy more adventures while the lines were still low. Those that arrived closer to park opening were going to spend 2 hours (or more) waiting to ride SDD and by then all lines in the park would be longer.

Our family is totally about rope dropping as often as we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!