Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably wishful thinking especially since we are there during the conversion to earlier park closings - but- I wonder if they will move more staff to the resort restaurants and expand the menus a bit since I imagine a lot more people will eat dinner in the resorts. We weren’t planning any dinners at Pop but now will prob end up there after our AK day.

Probably wishful thinking especially since we are there during the conversion to earlier park closings - but- I wonder if they will move more staff to the resort restaurants and expand the menus a bit since I imagine a lot more people will eat dinner in the resorts. We weren’t planning any dinners at Pop but now will prob end up there after our AK day.
I know many people report bad experiences at DS but we’re still thinking about going for dinner after AK night. Maybe end up changing our minds but I think either way going to try our best to avoid the masses for dinner at Pop. We’d just eat at the park or do uber eats maybe.

Does anyone know if the microwaves near the food court are available for use? I’ve never used them but just remembering pop doesn’t have them in room and assume they do in a public space... but with covid...? Wasn’t sure. Trying to prime now some cheap kids foods since we will probably be at the hotel for dinners this trip.

Does anyone know if the microwaves near the food court are available for use? I’ve never used them but just remembering pop doesn’t have them in room and assume they do in a public space... but with covid...? Wasn’t sure. Trying to prime now some cheap kids foods since we will probably be at the hotel for dinners this trip.
No, unfortunately not. The microwave ovens and toasters have been removed from the food court and are not available for guest use at this time.

Wonder if I could request one to a room.
Probably not but I bet there’s 15 of them in a random storage closet now... with the wait times being talked about at pop, I was going to diy some sides while waiting on food court. So much for that.
Whats the latest status of prime now for alcohol/beer?

Wonder if I could request one to a room.
Probably not but I bet there’s 15 of them in a random storage closet now... with the wait times being talked about at pop, I was going to diy some sides while waiting on food court. So much for that.
Whats the latest status of prime now for alcohol/beer?
I was wondering if you could request one as well. I requested (and received) one a few years ago when we stayed at CSR but not sure if you can do that post COVID-19 now. Does anyone know?

I was wondering if you could request one as well. I requested (and received) one a few years ago when we stayed at CSR but not sure if you can do that post COVID-19 now. Does anyone know?
Thanks for the idea. Worth a try, I’d think. I will try as well.

I called last night to try to figure out how to link my swan/pop into MDE, and the answer was to call Priceline and Orbitz for a disney confirm #. Still have our original Pop reservation and park reservations so we’re trying to add the new hotel reservations before canceling the old Pop reservation.

Reaffirmed some random things. CM said there won’t be luggage transfer from Swan since they don’t even have anyone to do that since no need for them with just the two marriotts, and Disney resorts only go to official disney resorts.

she’s heard about the skyliner situation and thinks that they may reevaluate the lack of buses to HS/EP if it gets worse.

there are no buses from Swan to HS and EP, you have to walk to HS the .8 miles, which surprised me. I was going to anyhow but that didn’t seem right, given those who can’t make that trip. She recommended that I walk to HS with my bags and use the skyline to CBR then Pop, given HS skyliner would open at 9 vs 10:30 for EP, the ride to CBR is 5 min vs 7 from EP, and the walk from swan is shorter. Or use uber, but no buses option.

I figure no charging to room via MB at Swan, which is true, but not a big deal for me given mobile order for most of our dining and having to use giftcard/credit card.

Luggage services at Pop is open 24hrs. If you need to check your bag early your last day. I downloaded the American Airlines app last night so no need to print any Boarding passes.

I saw on another site that the Pop Century Skyliner line was down yesterday.

What was the reason?

I called last night to try to figure out how to link my swan/pop into MDE, and the answer was to call Priceline and Orbitz for a disney confirm #. Still have our original Pop reservation and park reservations so we’re trying to add the new hotel reservations before canceling the old Pop reservation.

Reaffirmed some random things. CM said there won’t be luggage transfer from Swan since they don’t even have anyone to do that since no need for them with just the two marriotts, and Disney resorts only go to official disney resorts.

she’s heard about the skyliner situation and thinks that they may reevaluate the lack of buses to HS/EP if it gets worse.

there are no buses from Swan to HS and EP, you have to walk to HS the .8 miles, which surprised me. I was going to anyhow but that didn’t seem right, given those who can’t make that trip. She recommended that I walk to HS with my bags and use the skyline to CBR then Pop, given HS skyliner would open at 9 vs 10:30 for EP, the ride to CBR is 5 min vs 7 from EP, and the walk from swan is shorter. Or use uber, but no buses option.

I figure no charging to room via MB at Swan, which is true, but not a big deal for me given mobile order for most of our dining and having to use giftcard/credit card.

Luggage services at Pop is open 24hrs. If you need to check your bag early your last day. I downloaded the American Airlines app last night so no need to print any Boarding passes.
Just a suggestion - you may wish to ask on the Transportation Board if anyone has successfully transported their luggage on the Skyliner. I know it's not allowed on Disney buses so wasn't sure if the Skyliner might also have the same restriction?

Just a suggestion - you may wish to ask on the Transportation Board if anyone has successfully transported their luggage on the Skyliner. I know it's not allowed on Disney buses so wasn't sure if the Skyliner might also have the same restriction?

Thanks. I just called Swan directly and they said there are buses to both Ep and HS. And they normally transfer luggage but won’t right now. Didn’t think to ask about transporting bags via skyliner. We currently have AK on switch to Pop day. So I’m almost thinking of holding our bags at Swan, going to AK, then coming back to get our bags. If bags aren’t allowed on skyliner (obviously they’d fit since wheelchair accessible), then we’d take a bus to HS or EP and then a bus to Pop. And it will be early enough after AK.
otherwise we could uber early to avoid the hassle.

Thanks. I just called Swan directly and they said there are buses to both Ep and HS. And they normally transfer luggage but won’t right now. Didn’t think to ask about transporting bags via skyliner. We currently have AK on switch to Pop day. So I’m almost thinking of holding our bags at Swan, going to AK, then coming back to get our bags. If bags aren’t allowed on skyliner (obviously they’d fit since wheelchair accessible), then we’d take a bus to HS or EP and then a bus to Pop. And it will be early enough after AK.
I do not think Disney wants Guests using the Buses or Skyliner for Luggage transfer.

Definitely use Uber-well worth the fee.

I do not think Disney wants Guests using the Buses or Skyliner for Luggage transfer.

Definitely use Uber-well worth the fee.
You are correct @WEDWDW, Disney specifically says that luggage is not allowed on their buses.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/bus-transportation/

I checked into Pop Century today!! I’ll be posting nightly to my trip report. I’m loving the refurbished room set up. It’s been since SWW that we stayed at this resort.

We got the section I requested online and the floor I requested via cm! Happy camper!

We did direct-to-room and all our old and new mb we brought work!

Any questions?

I checked into Pop Century today!! I’ll be posting nightly to my trip report. I’m loving the refurbished room set up. It’s been since SWW that we stayed at this resort.

We got the section I requested online and the floor I requested via cm! Happy camper!

We did direct-to-room and all our old and new mb we brought work!

Any questions?

How is the wait for the food court once the parks are closed? I’m hoping they’re getting used to the new way and things are running smoother.

How is the wait for the food court once the parks are closed? I’m hoping they’re getting used to the new way and things are running smoother.
We haven't done it, but around 9:30 last night the lobby was packed (well, socially distanced packed) with people staring at their phones presumably waiting for food. I am super glad we have adrs for every night and don't have to deal with that. We also bought groceries for breakfast to avoid the morning nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter