Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone know what the current pool hours are for doubloon lagoon? Just wondering what to expect for my upcoming October trip now that a fence is up around the pool area.

Currently 9am-10pm, which will remain throughout the summer. Not sure if they'll have started reducing hours again by October; last year they dropped back from 9am-11pm to 9am-10pm on 5th September and throughout October, but don't know whether that will mean 10am-9pm this year.

Andre

Okay, I have an odd question. How horrible is the toilet paper? We have never stayed at FQ before. And yes, I am beside myself with excitement.:hyper: Anyway, last year, when we stayed at Coronado, the toilet paper was not good. Like sand paper not good. I'm just trying to figure out if I should pack my own. LOL.

I pack my own TP for any vacation longer than two nights. All motels, hotels, resorts, cruise lines seem to skimp in that area and I do not need to be uncomfortable on vacation. I even carry some in my park bag.

I hate to be the bearer of bad/sad news, but my family is at POFQ right now,and at least in building 3 the Blushing Orange scent and Mickey head toiletries are no more.

We have now had our toiletries restocked twice, and it is a brand called H2O+. The shampoo and conditioner are called Sea Marine, the body lotion and soaps are called Sea Salt. Sea Salt isn't bad, so far I'm iffy on the Sea Marine. Smells ok, but more earthy than sea to me.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update.

That is what DCL used to have. I like it. Any chance the soaps are green? It's been years since DCL stopped giving the green bars but they were way better than the white. Poly also had these last month and it was just white so I would be surprised. Anyway it seems the toiletries maybe becoming same across the board? Doing away with value, moderate, deluxe distinctions?

Just booked for Christmas week. (only time my kids can go). What if any activities/events do they have for Christmas? TY

Does anyone know if the boats to Disney Springs run if it is raining / thunderstorms, or if there is a bus service instead?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the boats to Disney Springs run if it is raining / thunderstorms, or if there is a bus service instead?

Thanks
They will run in a little rain, not a downpour and definitely NOT in a thunderstorm.

Thanks
Not when there are thunderstorms or windy conditions . We been on when there has been a bit of rain. There is always a bus even when the boats are running.

Is Sasscagoula QS up and running 100%? I don't remember reading about it. Looking to visit resort in early August while at Disney Springs

Not when there are thunderstorms or windy conditions . We been on when there has been a bit of rain. There is always a bus even when the boats are running.

We were at POFQ from May 23-31 and the boats weren't running the whole time. Very disappointing. I think the water may have been too low in the canal?

Love this thread! Very informative. We are so excited for our first time at POFQ at our upcoming split stay. We have only stayed at value resorts so this will be a nice treat. We will be checking out the pool, playground, and boat ride to DS for sure. We have 2 children, ODS 5 & YDS 1.

We were at POFQ from May 23-31 and the boats weren't running the whole time. Very disappointing. I think the water may have been too low in the canal?

Oh no! That's really unfortunate-I'm sorry.

Does anyone know if this will become more of an issue, or is a known issue at certain points of the year?

I wonder how things will progress with the drought conditions in Florida. No campfires, but who wants a campfire in Florida in July?

I wonder how things will progress with the drought conditions in Florida. No campfires, but who wants a campfire in Florida in July?

The campfires are back next week.

The boats can be stopped in very serious drought conditions when there are water supply issues, but I wasn't aware that had happened recently. Much more common is the opposite issue, thunder storms in the area will stop all watercraft from operating.

Andre

I wonder if perhaps you were just unlucky at the times you wanted to use the boats? We were there from the 17th May until 31st and there was only one evening we were disappointed because we were told the boats weren't running because of expected thunderstorms. Apparently if there is lightening within a 6 mile radius, they stop the boats. We enjoyed riding them so much, it is just the loveliest way to get to DS, that on the last morning of our trip (31st) we made a special trip by boat to Disney Springs before going to the airport. Equally, we could just have been lucky on the days we wanted to take the boat ;)

I wonder if perhaps you were just unlucky at the times you wanted to use the boats? We were there from the 17th May until 31st and there was only one evening we were disappointed because we were told the boats weren't running because of expected thunderstorms. Apparently if there is lightening within a 6 mile radius, they stop the boats. We enjoyed riding them so much, it is just the loveliest way to get to DS, that on the last morning of our trip (31st) we made a special trip by boat to Disney Springs before going to the airport. Equally, we could just have been lucky on the days we wanted to take the boat ;)

I guess that is the case then. I never saw them running though and the message on our TV said the boats were closed "due to weather" the whole time we were there. We had a car and drove to Disney Springs instead.

I guess that is the case then. I never saw them running though and the message on our TV said the boats were closed "due to weather" the whole time we were there. We had a car and drove to Disney Springs instead.
That's really interesting about the TV. We never checked out the Disney resort channel so it was a case of "ignorance is bliss"! :)

I was checking the 2018 resort rates for POFQ this morning and it appears that Sunday nights are now more expensive than weekdays. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights now have an up-charge.

I was checking the 2018 resort rates for POFQ this morning and it appears that Sunday nights are now more expensive than weekdays. So Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights now have an up-charge.

I've been trying to wrap my head around the rates to work out the seasonal pricing format, but it's a nightmare. It looks like they have extended the week/weekend rates to three tiers now, Sun/Mon/Tues are one rate, Weds/Thurs are another, and Fri/Sat are the highest rate. And that weekly pattern seems to vary by seasonal blocks too. I think I’m going to have to just scrape all 365 days for each of the 16 room categories directly into my spreadsheet and work it out from there - but any tabular format is going to be really complicated, even if I manage to work it out at all.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter