Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

thinking of booking at this resort for upcoming trip.... best location ? in reading building 2 or 5 seemed close to pool(Pool view) .does transportation stop at one central location versus areas?

thinking of booking at this resort for upcoming trip.... best location ? in reading building 2 or 5 seemed close to pool(Pool view) .does transportation stop at one central location versus areas?
Due to its size they aren't any bad locations. The one bus stop is outside the main building & close to building 4. If walking up to POR is part of your plans buildings 5, 6 7 ( garden or River views) would be the best.I believe the 1st page of the thread has a resort map.

We have about 240 days to go!! Staying at POFQ for the first time (stayed POR 2/2010 and CBR 2/2017). We have we have a river view booked and we can't wait to see the river each morning! For those who have stay stayed River View, how close are these rooms to the pool? We try to stay as far away as we can from the pool only because of the nighttime noise.

We have about 240 days to go!! Staying at POFQ for the first time (stayed POR 2/2010 and CBR 2/2017). We have we have a river view booked and we can't wait to see the river each morning! For those who have stay stayed River View, how close are these rooms to the pool? We try to stay as far away as we can from the pool only because of the nighttime noise.
Buildings 2 & 5 are the two that have the pool view along with riverview. We once had riverview in 5 and didn't notice any pool noise.River view can be in any building except for 3 & 4.

Buildings 2 & 5 are the two that have the pool view along with riverview. We once had riverview in 5 and didn't notice any pool noise.River view can be in any building except for 3 & 4.

Thanks! I've been looking at room views on touring plans and so far building 5 (to me ) has the best river views. I'm sure they're all amazing though!

Most pools close at 10pm.

Does anyone know if POFQ is due for a room refurbishment within the next year? I know they have started at Coronado Springs but we would prefer French Quarter.

I'm in the camp of "no bad locations at POFQ," but that said, I have stayed twice in bldg 5 and it is a great location for being convenient to pool, bus and food and not a bad walk to POR. I've stayed in 2 as well which is also nice, but I think 5 is just a bit better.

Does anyone know if POFQ is due for a room refurbishment within the next year? I know they have started at Coronado Springs but we would prefer French Quarter.

Yes, a room 'soft-goods' refurb is planned for later this year, starting with FQ then POR AB then POR mansions. No dates yet though I'm afraid, but I would expect fall would be a good bet.

Andre

We are there from the 24th of September to the 7th of October for our honeymoon :)

Cant wait, we love this resort :-)
OH, Congratulations! Wishing you a long and happy life together with many blessings along the way! I am there from the 18th to 25th so perhaps our paths will cross at least one day!

Thinking of booking our first stay at POFQ for next May. Was wondering for anyone who has stayed at POR as well, why you prefer POFQ?

Thinking of booking our first stay at POFQ for next May. Was wondering for anyone who has stayed at POR as well, why you prefer POFQ?

Stayed at POR 3 times and once at POFQ last May. I loved the quietness, the compactness, the "streets", and the beignets!!!

Seriously never thought I'd love staying here as much as POR AB. Never liked the Mardi Gras theme, but after a disappointing last stay at POR I had CBR booked. When the extent of construction was announced for over there I got a good compensation rate at FQ. It spoiled me. It's now my favorite resort. And I'll never get it as cheap.

We LOVE POFQ. I stayed for the first time when DD9 was 1 week shy of 2 and it was just her and I. I chose it because it was just us and I liked the compactness and ease of buses. As time has passed it got a little more expensive so we would stay at POP but whenever DBF came along, we went back to POFQ since the beds are slightly bigger and being able to go to Downtown Disney for dinner.

We just booked for August again and there was no question where we were staying.

I'm planning on being at POFQ Feb 10 - 17th. With Mardi Gras being on the 13th, does anyone know if this will affect the crowd level both at the resort and the parks?

I'm planning on being at POFQ Feb 10 - 17th. With Mardi Gras being on the 13th, does anyone know if this will affect the crowd level both at the resort and the parks?

Mardi Gras, not especially. However if it is also President's Week then that will have a fairly significant impact (doesn't happen in 2018).

Andre

We're not planning on going to a park on Friday or Saturday before Presidents week starts off. Hopefully DS won't be a madhouse! I'm just a little worried about crowds from the influx of people trying to avoid Mardi Gras.

What time do the water taxi's to the Springs start running?
Also when does the last one(OF THE NIGHT) leave the Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts