Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'm disappointed the movies during our stay are PG Halloween films - nothing the little ones will enjoy - I'd hyped up a pizza night (weather permitting) sat on rugs watching an outdoor film!

What's the construction that is or going to be happening at this resort? Was notified for our upcoming April trip about this. Thanks

What's the construction that is or going to be happening at this resort? Was notified for our upcoming April trip about this. Thanks
Room rehabs. There is a post I believe in this thread about it . Also you can get info at www.portorleans.org. We were there during the last one and it had no effect on our trip.

Are they trying to keep everyone away from the mods? This will make THREE with rooms out of commission at the same time. (Unless I've missed something and POR is getting a refurb at the same time.) Insanity!

Are they trying to keep everyone away from the mods? This will make THREE with rooms out of commission at the same time. (Unless I've missed something and POR is getting a refurb at the same time.) Insanity!

POR's room refurbs won't start until POFQ's are done. And even then, they are only taking a very small number of rooms out of inventory at any given time (and currently during one of the slowest periods of the year) so it shouldn't hit capacity too badly.

Andre

We just ended a 9 night stay and we couldn't be happier than we were at POFQ. We were in building 6 on the third floor, garden view (upgrade I guess as we booked standard). You were close to everything on site so it really wouldn't matter what building you were in(although I would prefer not 1 or 7 I guess.)

The service was excellent for all but one occasion. The food was mostly decent to excellent. The amenities were great.

The best thing though, was the buses. Every night, heading back from the parks we passed massive queues of people. Then we would get to ours, and there would be next to no queue. There was only one time we didn't fit on a bus first go, and that was park close, so another was along in 5 minutes. Most times we were seated too. This was a massive bonus at the end of a tiring day!

We would def stay there again, and recommend it.

I looked but couldn't find the info. Sorry if this is a repeat question.
How long for bus rides to get to the parks from POFQ?

I will be going for some EMH and some regular openings.

Thanks for your help.

I looked but couldn't find the info. Sorry if this is a repeat question.
How long for bus rides to get to the parks from POFQ?

I will be going for some EMH and some regular openings.

Thanks for your help.

From Andre's awesome site http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

From Andre's awesome site http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php

You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

Don't forget those are the travel times from when the bus leaves the resort, how long it takes from getting to the bus stop to park entrance is much longer and more variable - you need to factor in how long until a bus arrives, are there any more stops within the resort area (e.g. if it shares with POR), then getting through security and into the park, etc. I usually suggest allowing about an hour in total if you have something for which you need to be there for a specific time, such as an ADR meal reservation.

Andre

Are all garden view rooms on the ground floor? I went to do online check in and the only options are near transportation, corner room, and ground floor. I'm used to booking standard view and having upper floor/top floor as an option.

Are all garden view rooms on the ground floor? I went to do online check in and the only options are near transportation, corner room, and ground floor. I'm used to booking standard view and having upper floor/top floor as an option.

No, they are not. What room type you have makes no difference in what room requests options you get during Online Check In. Everyone has the same options. It's one of the many reasons I phone my requests in and then skip that section during Online Check In.

Less than 2 weeks to go and I have the fax request all ready. Should I fax 5 business days out or just 5 days.. Excited as we haven't stayed at POFQ in a few years.. just walked through to ride the boat to Disney Springs...

Just returned from a 6 night stay. We loved POFQ, but did have problems our first night. There was a pillow on one of the beds that had a very large stain on it. We didn’t want it in the room so we took it to the front desk and didn’t make a big deal about it. When we got back to the room for the night, we turned down the other bed to find what looked like blood on both the pillow and bed sheet. Needless to say, we werent happy. Thankfully after that mishap, the rest of the week was great.
The beds were comfortable and we did sleep great. We were in building 3 which was continent to the lobby and to a parking lot. We will definitely stay there again despite our first night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!