Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Oh and could anyone tell me roughly how long the bus trips are to the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom from Port Orleans?

From http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php:

Once the buses leave the resort area after all the local pickup stops, the journey times are fairly short. You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

Andre

Just a quick question about the carriage rides. Is it necessary to pre-book them before your trip, or is it possible to book on the day I feel we have an impromptu resort day and want to book? And would we be able to do so at the front desk or concierge? This would be Feb next year, so quite a ways off yet, but just roughing out our plans for trip days and have a couple that we want to leave parts of open.

Also, I’ve probably seen it somewhere but what are the hours?

Thanks so much

I can’t wait to go back. I took my mother in law last year for my first ever on site stay, and loved POFQ so much that hubby is desperate to stay there for our upcoming trip

Just a quick question about the carriage rides. Is it necessary to pre-book them before your trip, or is it possible to book on the day I feel we have an impromptu resort day and want to book?

You can try booking day-of, or even walk-up, but I wouldn't really recommend it as it does seem fairly popular. You might stand a better chance in Feb though, and if you go early and are prepared to wait there's a better chance that something might be free sometime later in the evening. Maybe book a day or two before, once you know your plans? You can call 1-407-824-2832 to see what is available same-day, or 1-407-WDW-PLAY (1-407-939-7529) for regular advance bookings.

Andre

You can try booking day-of, or even walk-up, but I wouldn't really recommend it as it does seem fairly popular. You might stand a better chance in Feb though, and if you go early and are prepared to wait there's a better chance that something might be free sometime later in the evening. Maybe book a day or two before, once you know your plans? You can call 1-407-824-2832 to see what is available same-day, or 1-407-WDW-PLAY (1-407-939-7529) for regular advance bookings.

Andre
Great thanks. That’s kind of the answer I was hoping for. Difficult but not neccsarily completely impossible.

From http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php:

Once the buses leave the resort area after all the local pickup stops, the journey times are fairly short. You should be at the Magic Kingdom within about 10-13 minutes, Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios will take about 9-12 minutes, while Animal Kingdom is the furthest away at nearer 20 minutes.

Andre
Twice last week we left the MK and were at the FQ gate in exactly 10 minutes on the bus clock. It's like they have an easy, direct route. Epcot and HS were short too, but also very easy to drive.

Does anyone know when building 3 will be done with the refurbishment, can I still request this building for late April? We really liked it in November for it’s convenient distance to everything. We have a standard view booked.

Thank you!

I seems very close to being ready to open, most of the rooms are done apart from bed linen/etc. In fact they have started to close off the upper section of building 1 now. So I would think you'd be fine for April.

Andre
When is it expected all the rooms will be done in the whole resort?

Realistically, sometime around the middle of summer. It was all meant to be done by the end of May, but the first building was finished about a month late and that is likely to have a knock-on effect on the overall end date.

Andre
Thanks! I had seen that they were supposed to be done at the end of spring but had a feeling they were behind based on what was done so far. We will be going in mid October so hoping it will be done by then!

Realistically, sometime around the middle of summer. It was all meant to be done by the end of May, but the first building was finished about a month late and that is likely to have a knock-on effect on the overall end date.

Andre

We were planning to request bldg 4 for 6/20-6/26 do you think this is a safe request considering the refurbishment going on?

Does anyone know if POFQ is included as one of the resorts you can choose from the latest bounce back offer? I know they are excluded from most discounts but we are going in May & was hoping to bounce back in July.

Does anyone know if POFQ is included as one of the resorts you can choose from the latest bounce back offer? I know they are excluded from most discounts but we are going in May & was hoping to bounce back in July.

I would love to be able to answer this for you, but when we were there a week ago, there was NOTHING in the room about the bouceback - not in the usual spot in the little brochure they leave on the table. I scoured through it several times - someone could have pulled it out and it wasn't replaced

Since I really don't anticipate any more trips this year, I didn't call, but once you are there, if there is nothing in your room, dial 8844 from your room phone, or 407-930-1923 from another phone to inquire. You have to do it between check-in and before midnight of your check-out day. They should be able to tell you when you call.

In the past when I really did want to get info about a bounceback, and couldn't find anything in the room, the front desk gave all sorts of differing responses about it not being offered anymore...don't believe them, just call.

Yes the POFQ is included in Bounce Back offer. However dates of availability are very limited.

We just returned from POFQ and we just booked the bounce back offer for Late July. The last two weeks of July only king rooms are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter