Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I wanted to share a collection of pictures of the amazing food that Chef Eric, Josh & Paul prepared for me while we were at POFQ for close to 3 weeks. They made our celebration trip not only safe for me but super YUMMY!!
I have a slew of dietary restrictions and because of these gracious and talented men we'll never stay anywhere else!!

I wanted to share a collection of pictures of the amazing food that Chef Eric, Josh & Paul prepared for me while we were at POFQ for close to 3 weeks. They made our celebration trip not only safe for me but super YUMMY!!
I have a slew of dietary restrictions and because of these gracious and talented men we'll never stay anywhere else!!
View attachment 474389
We will be there next week for Mardi Gras. Staying at Riverside because of the availability of AP discount for entire stay, but will be eating a lot at PO-FQ because of Cajun/Creole food. One week to go and can't wait.

just got back ... they have strawberry and grape jam, honey and pretend butter (says it's real but there's a sign that says it's a blend and I can confirm that's what the label says as well) peanut butter is hiding, inside the food court, in a basket on top of the case that the grab and go pastries and bagels are (I think it was only out at breakfast)
Thank you so much!!! This is super helpful! I hope you had a great trip!

We will be there next week for Mardi Gras. Staying at Riverside because of the availability of AP discount for entire stay, but will be eating a lot at PO-FQ because of Cajun/Creole food. One week to go and can't wait.

LOL, we are one week away from our trip to WDW staying at FQ. We don't care for Cajun food, so we will be trekking over to POR for some meals. Just the opposite of what we do:) Bon Appetite!

I see great menus for the quick service here featuring things like shrimp and grits and po boys-but they are not listed anywhere on the mobile order app. I have never paid attention before, but are there things on the menu that are not available to mobile order, which you can only get at the counter? Will be there a week from today, and trying to plan our QS options-

View attachment 474389

I love staying at POFQ but my food never looked as good as yours!

I see great menus for the quick service here featuring things like shrimp and grits and po boys-but they are not listed anywhere on the mobile order app. I have never paid attention before, but are there things on the menu that are not available to mobile order, which you can only get at the counter? Will be there a week from today, and trying to plan our QS options-
Our experience is that mobile order does not have as much of a selection as the actual food court.

I love staying at POFQ but my food never looked as good as yours!
all of my food needs to be cooked from scratch and while it might look tasty to others, trust me you'd find most of it beyond boring 🤣
in case you're interested here's the card i give the chefs wherever I ordered anything at any restaurant on site (the chefs at POFQ knew me by the end of the 3rd day and went out of their way to work miracles!)20200116_225558.jpg

Last edited:
MY DH is low salt - I hope the can accommodate him
100 % they can, it's even listed as one of the dietary requests on the Special Diets page of the WDW website:
Other Special Dietary Requests
Many locations are able to accommodate lifestyle requests as well with no advanced arrangements. This includes diabetes, gastric bypass, lap band, low-carbohydrate, low-fat, low-sodium, no-sugar-added or plant-based options.

Thank you so much - DH will be so happy - he was afraid to eat at the food court
We saw fresh fruit bowls in the gift shop, maybe the food court too - pictures from a website about POFQ

Thank you so much - DH will be so happy - he was afraid to eat at the food court
We saw fresh fruit bowls in the gift shop, maybe the food court too - pictures from a website about POFQ
when you go into the food court look for the sign for mobile ordering pickup, that's the same place to speak to the chef. They'll be able to help you get safe food! There is fresh fruit as well as some containers of cut up stuff as well in the cooler that sits in the middle of the food court AND I know they also carry fresh blueberries and strawberries for dietary restrictions, just ask!
20200114_112127.jpg

when you go into the food court look for the sign for mobile ordering pickup, that's the same place to speak to the chef. They'll be able to help you get safe food! There is fresh fruit as well as some containers of cut up stuff as well in the cooler that sits in the middle of the food court AND I know they also carry fresh blueberries and strawberries for dietary restrictions, just ask!
View attachment 476115
How do they decide what fee to charge for your meals? Is it the same price--but with the necessary changes? My husband is a diabetic and I wonder if there is some type of recommended meal list while at WDW? He was planning on just eating a lot of meat and avoiding foods which would clearly have added sugar ie. bakery, sauces and marinades. It would be nice to have a fresh fruit option at no additional cost to the standard food court fare. Any suggestions?

How do they decide what fee to charge for your meals? Is it the same price--but with the necessary changes? My husband is a diabetic and I wonder if there is some type of recommended meal list while at WDW?

I really encourage him, and you, to look over the menus before you go. I did this two years ago when I was living very low carb, today I still watch my carbs. So while at POFQ a few weeks ago I ordered their western omlette and asked for no potatoes, instead of the normal 3 sausage links I got 5, without asking. If you talk with one of the staff they can help you out to understand what they can do to substitute items.

So after looking at our budget and doing some research we decided to go with a river view room at POFQ over ASMo for our trip in July.(Thanks to this board and being able to save with DGC's) Reading all the reviews on here have been super helpful as well. We will be myself, wife, daughter (5) and son (18mo). I guess my question is, is the resort as small as I've been reading? We've stayed a few years ago at AoA and loved the theming, but the walk from our little mermaid room to the buses got to be exhausting after the first time. Since we go in the summer we usually go back to the room in the afternoon, so we're hoping that at POFQ the walls won't be quite as long even though we've never stayed at the All Star resorts. Also, how is the room size for fitting a crib/pack n play? Thanks so much!

How do they decide what fee to charge for your meals? Is it the same price--but with the necessary changes? My husband is a diabetic and I wonder if there is some type of recommended meal list while at WDW? He was planning on just eating a lot of meat and avoiding foods which would clearly have added sugar ie. bakery, sauces and marinades. It would be nice to have a fresh fruit option at no additional cost to the standard food court fare. Any suggestions?
I was charged for whatever the main component of the meal was. So the plate of pancakes that has bacon and strawberries rang up as "pancakes, see chef" the steak meals were charged as a steak dinner. Basically they'll take whatever looks closest on the menu for the price , but it comes down to what the chef decides to call the meal! Every single location on site had fresh blueberries and strawberries for me and those were substituted for other items I can't eat. Nothing I had over the full 3 weeks came of any menu. Just ask to speak to a chef at any location, counter service included and tell them what your restrictions are, they are completely accommodating!

I was charged for whatever the main component of the meal was. So the plate of pancakes that has bacon and strawberries rang up as "pancakes, see chef" the steak meals were charged as a steak dinner. Basically they'll take whatever looks closest on the menu for the price , but it comes down to what the chef decides to call the meal! Every single location on site had fresh blueberries and strawberries for me and those were substituted for other items I can't eat. Nothing I had over the full 3 weeks came of any menu. Just ask to speak to a chef at any location, counter service included and tell them what your restrictions are, they are completely accommodating!
That's great! Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed your trip and your food! :)

Yes. It's true that not all of the QS menu is available on mobile ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter